+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion 3/31

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    They didn't get it on film, the first we see Tom is hauling it up the beach by the tail. According to him he ran up, slashed the shark then jumped on it, worked his way to the tail and hauled it out of the water (and you're welcome).
    Ah, which explains a comment I saw somewhere speculating that some cameraman was going to be fired for goofing off and missing that shot! But I have to say that sounds insanely dangerous even with a small shark...which can move so much faster than a person in the water...and slashing, even with a machete, isn't like stabbing with a speargun.... you have to be so close. Richard Hatch got a bad shark bite from a much smaller looking shark. And thanks again DB for the fill in.
    With luck I may see this week's show...haven't seen any after the first couple of weeks, barely know what some of the quieter Koror types look like, esp. these days.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I'm not sure about this. The whole tribe was soooo resistant to being lead. Also, Stephenie was right that Jolanda was in a large part responsible for them losing the IC. Being boss and being bossy aren't the same. Tom is a leader by occupation and nature so he was able to get the tribe to WANT to follow his lead. Jolanda (from what little we saw of her) just made her tribe ask the question: Who are YOU to tell ME what to do.
    I think it was editing that made her seem bossy. They did (I say "did" because, face it, they're no longer a tribe!) need leadership. They needed someone to think for them and I believe that J would've done well in leading them. I believe that they're just lazy and didn't want to be told what to do, revealing their lackidasial (sp?) nature.

I see her as being similar to Tom in taking the helm. The only difference is that she's a woman and that's what makes her "look" bossy.

And, yeah, she did drag the team in the IC but, if the team was so anti-her, why did they listen to her? Why didn't they just go?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey
    Well, Steph kept saying that they needed to go. Ib and Bobby voted to keep her around so at least those 2 guys had that idea right. Say Jo was still angering them 3 days later and they go to TC again. Well, then they could've voted her off then. They should've gotten rid of Kim at the first TC.

I was doing some thinking and you know, without the switcheroos that saved Maraamu and Lopevi they would've been just as bad. Ok, so Lopevi won one IC but I have no doubt that without the switcheroo, they would've kept losing the challenges. Maraamu never would've won a single challenge without the switcheroo. I would've much rather seen Maraamu do what Ulong has done - lose every challenge and be all but extinct at the merge. I would've much rather there have been a switcheroo to save Ulong. I still feel the original Maraamu is the most pathetic tribe out there for not only their challenge ineptness, but also who they voted off. They were very lazy too and rather obnoxious. Ulong wasn't lazy(except for Kim) and was certainly not obnoxious except for James.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Well, they did think and someone was in charge at first... JOLANDA!! I think the decision to vote her off was their undoing.
    I don't think that the retention of Jolanda would've helped Ulong to a significant degree. Remember, the vote was between her and Angie -- and Angie certainly proved her worth in subsequent challenges. Even when Ulong still lost, it wasn't because of Angie. Whereas Jolanda was responsible for the first loss. And I don't think that she would've performed better physically than Angie did.

Sure, if Jolanda were around, we would've been spared embarrassing scenes such as Ulong arriving at the Home Depot challenge leaderless. But would it really have made that much of a difference in the long run?

I am wondering how they are going to do TC if the merge isn't this week and Ulong loses, as usual.

I wonder what James thought of them tearing down the his potty.

Scissor Paper Rock?
    Ask Koror to do the voting?
    Balance Beam and big padded sticks mini challenge?
    Memory Game?
    Place coconuts near them while they sleep?

I can see Steph winning all of these.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    My vote is for twister....

Yeah, I can see Jeff keeping a straight face saying "Left Hand.... Green."

Quick question and off topic-
    how do you draw a line through words?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast