+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion, 3/23 *** SPOILERS ****

Now wonder if BJ will question Stephenie's trust after she first voted for Ib instead...hm.

She should have just gotten rid of that useless always bragging know-it-all James instead who fails tod eliver at challenges.

For example the toilet challenge and the recent rope one. He claimed he knew this and that yet still lost...pity. Maybe because the rest were totally clueless. They even lost to Koror's 3 weakest ladies and Ian! No Tom! ha.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by justCurious
    From Survivor Insider:

First vote:
    Bobby Jon: James
    Stephanie: Ibrehem
    James: Ibrehem
    Ibrehem: James

Second vote:
    Bobby Jon: James
    Stephanie: James

There was no hesitation in her voting and her message was "I'm just trying to stick to my word Ib. Good luck with whatever happens."

Her second message was "James, I'm so sorry to betray your confidence, but I have do what’s right for me in the future. I'll see you on the outside."

Bobby Jon did not look too happy and made no comments.

I hope Stephanie goes next.
    I didn't see her vote for Ibe on the tv, so I am not 100% sure she was the one who voted for Ibe on the first vote. Maybe that is something they want us to think and then spring the truth later in the show. Survivor Insider doesn't fully convince me!

The thing that makes the show compelling at this point is that the remaining Ulong members are so likeable for one reason or another. A majority of the audience just HAS to be pulling for them.

I figured Tom was this winning magical force that pulled wins for Koror again and again. And that, since he was out of the un-knot-tying contest, then maybe, FINALLY, Ulong would win.

Then I realized that it's not just Magic Tom, but Unlucky James. Or, possibly, unlucky Ib.

Add the 2 mojos together, and, voila, 5 consecutive wins for Koror.

Just my odd metaphysical perspective on things ....

FORT Regular
    How can one team be so bad? Why in the heck would you swim out half way (Ib) and just sit there. And James? I am sad to see him go because he was comic relief. I have known people like him to say how great they are at things when in reality, they suck. Actually, they lost that challenge (one of the most clever challenges in a long time) in the 20 minutes the teams had to reinforce their box. They just didn't get the job done...me thinks they aren't too smart!

Stephanie is awesome. She just gets the job done. Yes, she is full of herself, but she talks the talk AND walks the walk. But it really doesn't matter. These three are sunk. They will not survive and if there was a merge, they will be picked off one by one. There only chance is to string together a few immunity wins. That's why I think there won't even be a merge this season. No point to merge a team and watch them get methodically voted off. I think it's more fun to watch them TRY hopelessly to win, routing for the underdogs to pull off just one victory. The producers know this. I say no merge, which would be an interesting twist in and of itself.

By the way, did Ib say he pulled on the rope but not the milk bottle? I don't remember him even diving deep enough to reach either...

After reading through this thread, here's one thing no one has mentioned....

Now that Koror has 8 members and Solong only three....what happens with challenges?

Koror now has to sit 5 members for the next reward challenge....then they have to sit 5 for the immunity challenge, right? Only problem is, you can't sit out the same person two challenges in a row....this is now mathematically impossible. Example:

Sit Ian, Katie, Janu and Jen (the four who did the IC) and Coby, leaving Caryn, Gregg and Tom to do the challenge. Then for the reward challenge, Ian, Katie and Jen do the challenge....but that means Coby and Janu would be sitting out a second challenge in a row.

I just realized something....they're going to have to settle this with the very first challenge, because (using my example above) Coby would be sitting out back to back challenges.....so what will TPTB do?

Will they merge prior to any challenges to avoid changing the rules mid-game? Will they allow Solong to pick which three members of Koror to face in the challenges regardless of whether they had been sitting out? If so, will they be forced to pick two men and one woman so the gender divide is even, preventing them from picking Janu, Caryn and Katie each time?

Ok, my brain is starting to fry.....off to have Spam and fuzzy navels for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack

By the way, did Ib say he pulled on the rope but not the milk bottle? I don't remember him even diving deep enough to reach either...
    When they first showed it last week, it seemed like Ib thought he had to untie the rope, instead of just pulling on the bottle. He did get down and reached the bottles, but he didn't understand how to unattach the bottle. That is why James harped on him for not listening to directions- if he had, he would have known to just grab the bottle, and not mess with the ropes.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    How can one team be so bad? Why in the heck would you swim out half way (Ib) and just sit there.
    They showed Steph tell Ibe to stay there. I think the plan was for her and Bobby Jon to get one stack and hand it off to Ibe, who would bring it in. Kind of a relay system, instead of all three of them swimming out to get the logs.

Quote Originally Posted by deny
    I didn't see her vote for Ibe on the tv, so I am not 100% sure she was the one who voted for Ibe on the first vote. Maybe that is something they want us to think and then spring the truth later in the show. Survivor Insider doesn't fully convince me!

Whatever. I find it a lot more truthful as it is unedited.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by justCurious
    Whatever. I find it a lot more truthful as it is unedited.

Ok, whatever. :rolleyes

I was just debating the show. I thought that is what we were here for...

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills
    but Unlucky James.
    Wasn't luck that made James play with his skirt rather than tie up the ropes during the challenge.

+ Reply to Thread