+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion, 3/23 *** SPOILERS ****

Quote Originally Posted by justCurious
    Was it ever shown why Stephanie wanted James? Why would she align herself with that weasel? I really feel sorry for Bobby Jon. I think he is a decent guy and deserves better.

Stephanie deserves to go next!

James couldn’t build a toilet or tie a knot. Both of which he guaranteed couldn’t be beat.
    In her after being voted out interviews Angie said that she and Stephanie wanted to keep James because he was sneaky and they would need him in the merge and they thought the merge would happen soon. Also they felt that since Boobby Jon is such a likable fellow and hard working the other tribe would keep him and vote out Stephanie or Angie, so in their defense they wanted James with them.

If you check the previous episode discussion thread it is mentioned there, also check out survivorfever.net and read Angie and Willards interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by deny
    Are we all assuming it was Step who voted for Ibe? They didn't show her vote at the end of the show did they? They showed both her and Bobbyjon voting for James, which was proabably for the tie breaker vote.

So, who didn't keep their word?
    From Survivor Insider:

First vote:
    Bobby Jon: James
    Stephanie: Ibrehem
    James: Ibrehem
    Ibrehem: James

Second vote:
    Bobby Jon: James
    Stephanie: James

There was no hesitation in her voting and her message was "I'm just trying to stick to my word Ib. Good luck with whatever happens."

Her second message was "James, I'm so sorry to betray your confidence, but I have do what’s right for me in the future. I'll see you on the outside."

Bobby Jon did not look too happy and made no comments.

I hope Stephanie goes next.

FORT Fanatic
    Poor James. He reminds me of a guy who used to work for me. To hear him tell it he was skilled at a lot of things.But when it came to doing, well,the results were always dissappointing. James said he was a shooter yet he missed every shot he took (being beat soundly by a woman, no less). Then he says "I know something about tying knots." Funny, it didn't take the opponents very long to get through his knots. And you know, it wouldn't have been quite so bad for him if he hadn't laid into Ibe for losing them the last challenge. Now, although it certainly wasn't all his fault they lost, the shoe was on the other foot. And he was so confident at TC that he was safe. Not so fast!

So now that poor tribe is down to 3 players. At this point, I'm not sure i it even matters for them, if they ever do merge they are gonna be immediate targets, unless some really bad blood boils up over at the other tribe. Anything can happen, but it would sure seem they are in trouble.

Has the jury started forming yet? Just wondering if James is on it because I can totally see him holding a grudge to his tribemates. They really blindsided him tonght.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    The jury normally doesn't start forming until they are 9 members left (7 will be on the jury, the other 2 will be the finalists). James did seem pretty surprised, but I'm glad he's gone. He didn't bother me like I originally thought, but he just didn't really add anything to the game, either.

FORT Fogey
    I, for one, am glad that James is gone. He came off as a big jerk and was so useless but seemed to think sucking in challenges wasn't his fault. But if Ibe sucks? Then it's ALL Ibe's fault :rolleyes Hypocrite! He really was awful at challenges.

There was no hesitation in her voting and her message was "I'm just trying to stick to my word Ib. Good luck with whatever happens."
    Shut up, Stephenie. Apparently your "word" to James matters but your "word" to Bobby doesn't :rolleyes What an idiot. Making a tie and losing the trust of one of the most trustworthy guys around(Bobby) is so foolish. She proved tonight that she is as big of an idiot as she was last week. I really would like to see Bobby and Ibe get together and kick her moronic butt out the door next week. Yes, she deserves to last past Ibe, but not with her stupid strategic decisions.

I was so glad to see Ulong win the RC. At least they could have some fun and it was awesome to see Bobby smile He's suffered far too much. I just feel so bad for him.

I really liked it when Tom was comforting Janu. If only Bobby can get to the merge...Tom will pick him up for an alliance. Of course, getting there is easier said than done considering you know Ulong will be back to TC the following week and someone else still has to go before we're at the merge.

I think this could've been one of the best seasons of all time but Ulong losing continuously has taken away the fun of it. It's not fun watching this. I hate watching my favorite player suffer. I hope after seeing how bad tribe pick 'ems go, they never do this again. And it's too bad, this season had a great group of people, but I do think most of the interesting people were on Ulong.

Oh, about Koror. Who was making fun of the Ulongs with the sock puppets? And WHO was the one picking on Bobby? I thought someone said in a previous post that it was Katie. Oh Katie, you must die for that. The last time I checked, liking everyone wasn't a bad thing :rolleyes What a bitch! Oh and take Caryn with you, please. And the crappy thing is that they'll both probably go farther and get to outlast Bobby. It's really not fair! At least Bobby gets to feel good about himself(FINALLY) when he catches a nice size fish next episode! I will probably cheer when that happens

What a depressing episode, I was really hoping this season of Survivor would live up to it's early glory days, but it's as exciting as watching a rock float to the bottom of the ocean. Ulong has the same seamtress as the heaven's gate cult, and Ibrehem needs to shave his head and get rid of that bozo hairdo of his. Does Janu ever have brilliant green eyes, what a beautiful woman, I hope she doesn't throw in the torch.

FORT Newbie
    Wow again we get to here about how Steph likes to win. :rolleyes

She goes and votes for IB then James so as to show Bobby-spaz for sure she can't be trusted, boy is she dumb. Hope she goes next. And for some reason she felt some loyalty or something for James, haha that's funny.

I'm glad to see Koror kept after trying to get a shark, I knew that was a good idea.

Doesn't Katie come cross as a self absorbed self centered bitch for all the sympathy and compassion she showed when Janu was having a breakdown?

I wonder if Katie ever actually worked she would be feeling as if Survivor was actually that 'easy'; she certainly doesn't looks as if she has lost any weight. Probably a thyroid condition that also makes her allergic to work.

What a great episode!!! Koror won its 5th immunity in a row (and made Survivor history for doing so!) And best of all, that redneck is finally outta here!!! He was a deadweight all-along. He was no leader. He was no schemer. And he did very poorly in the challenges. Every challenge he did he blew for the team. IN this episode alone, he did not hit any targets for Ulong in reward and he did a horrible job securing the knots in immunity (Korror easily went through James' knots while Ulong struggled with Katie & Janu's knots.) Katie & Janu were the real knot tiers around here. They know how to tie a mean knot. Then instead of securing the knot even further, he ties up his toga. And then he continues to blame Ibe for his problems after they lost. IMO, James was just as bad as Kim was. Ibe might of messed up last week, but I have more respect for him after last night. He DID pull his weight in the challenges. James did not.

I enjoyed this episode immensely last night!!!

P.S. Congrats to Korror for winning 5 straight immunities and making Survivor history!!! I'm pulling for you 100%!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

ABE
    Couple of comments:

1) Props to Stephanie for her voting strategy. As someone said, she couldn't be sure that BJ and Ibrehem wouldn't vote for her. (Her guilty conscience might have been working overtime on that idea) By voting for Ibe she covered herself AND kept her word to James. Once it was down to Ibe and James, she did the unsentimental thing and I'm sure she'll be able to justify all of the above to BJ.

2) I don't know why so many people are predicting Ulong's demise and complaining about the unfairness of Koror winning all the IC's. This is not even close to a Pagonging. Pagonging is when you are outnumbered in the same tribe and have no hope regardless of challenge results. Ulong is even up going into every challenge and could start a winning streak any time. It's been pointed out that they may even gain an advantage because Koror has to sit out so many people each challenge and may find their strongest members on the sideline at an inopportune time.

Until there is a merge, BJ, Ibe and Steph are alive and well in this game. Ulolng has been hardened by all that losing and if they ever get on a winning streak, Koror had better watch out. I doubt that their tribal bonds on anywhere near as strong as Ulong.

3) To me, this has been the most entertaining season of Survivor since I started watching (Pearl Islands was my first season). I think TPTB have learned from past mistakes and as a result, the game is less predictable and, at the same time, fundamentally more "fair", in that the weaker players are being weeded out. Now, if only MB could lighten up on all the product placement challenges. I can live with Home Depot (well, almost) but if I never see another Pringles reward it will be too soon.

IMO

+ Reply to Thread