+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 3/3 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    "Shark" would not be nuts. It's not all that difficult to kill a single SMALL shark. The problem here is "Sharks"--plural. One shark can be cornered and netted (not that these dimwits thought of that with their stupid pointy sticks). Multiple sharks can surround you.

Using blood as a lure in dumb enough already. The other reason to not spear a shark is MORE BLOOD. Sharks eat their own--blood of any type will draw a pack of them. Even if they are small, those idgits would be shark chow.
    The multiple shark thing isn't that big a deal. Humans aren't a shark's natural prey. They don't see legs standing in the water as food. A little blood in the water isn't a big deal either, you need a lot of blood and a lot of sharks to start a feeding frenzy, and that only works for some types of sharks.

The really stupid thing was trying to spear them with point-head sticks. Shark hide is tough, really really really tough (yes, that's three "really"s). I've skinned dogfish and after you've cut the skin a certain way (with a box cutter) you peel it off by grabbing the edge with pliers! There is no way those sticks would have penetrated the shark -- if they somehow caught one they would have a heck of a time cutting into it with the machette. If they were actually able to poke a shark they stood a good chance of getting injured as the shark bumped into their legs as it scampered off.

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    I don't know. Maybe she made an alliance with Willard that we didn't see. You may be right in that she was thinking ahead in choosing Willard, he would go before her. As far as challenges go, Caryn, Willard, and Coby are definitely dead weight. I'm beginning to like Angie for being very gutsy in the challenges.
    I'm sorry, Caryn is not deadweight, I meant Katie. She doesn't look physical at all and she hasn't done much on challenges, actually lost a reward challenge.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    The multiple shark thing isn't that big a deal. Humans aren't a shark's natural prey. They don't see legs standing in the water as food. A little blood in the water isn't a big deal either, you need a lot of blood and a lot of sharks to start a feeding frenzy, and that only works for some types of sharks.
    Not necessarily, sharks don't really know what humans are so they're likely to take a bite and check it out. You wouldn't need much blood either, they have a very good sense of smell.

Quote Originally Posted by ABE
    Just a quick comment to note that Ian had a big advantage in the IC. Because of his height it was a lot easier for him to move through the water (waist deep for him, chest deep for others). Recall that Koror caugth Oolong just at they were moving into the deeper water.
    I was going to point this out too. He is also a soccer player - a game that is all about endurance and works in the water. This challenge also took mental toughness which helped give Koror the edge.

I read somewhere that James was going to dumb-up (down?) his accent to fool people into underestimating him. That would explain why some of you thought it was exaggerated. I can't tell one southern accent from another so my hat's off to those of you that can.

Tom & Ian, You had your fun with the sharks and the snakes and it will make a great story to tell the grandkids someday, but please find something to eat that can't eat you first.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk

I read somewhere that James was going to dumb-up (down?) his accent to fool people into underestimating him. That would explain why some of you thought it was exaggerated. I can't tell one southern accent from another so my hat's off to those of you that can..
    Really? Hmmm. I wonder if he really did. I'll be interested to find out when this ends.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

James' accent doesn't come across as a put on to me. If he's actually dumbing down (up, or both), my hats off to him, as he sounds consistent to me, something I think would be difficult to carry off for too long if you were putting on a show.

I'm not well familiar with regional "southern" speech variances, but I believe who you are raised around makes as much difference as where you are raised. Some of the most "southern" sounding people I've met have never been away from their birthplace, California's San Joaquin Valley. James likely sounds like his family, regardless of where they originally hailed from.

I'd been prepared to give all of Ulong a good riddance kick to the curb save Angie, but Bobby Jon and Stefenie (sp?) are demonstating they're worth considering rooting for, and James is entertaining just for his mouthing off. I'm still wondering about Ibrehem's strength, both physical and internal. I'd like to see that IC once again. That looked tough, but even if they still lost I would have liked to see some desperate scrambling on Ulong's part, mixing things up further once they recognized they'd lost so much ground. James was the only person that had a credible reason for bowing out. Too many on BOTH tribes seemed to weasel out far too quickly for me, though I recall strategy as being played up in importance.

This is a point where if I were a producing tribemate I'd be cementing bonds with any others like me, with an eye on cutting away the deadweight holding us back.

When I heard Jeff saying they ought to vote him off, I thought it was nothing more than a calculated attempt to have them do anything BUT that. Personally I believe they made the wrong call. I haven't seen Kim contribute anything worth keeping her around. I forget how Probst phrased his statement about at least their trip to TC had shown them what they need to do, but I believe the most important thing is either remembering or learning how to write "KIM" on parchment. I'd love to see some absolutist language from the others, telling her she's either going to put out (work & compete) or get out.

Well then call me wimpy!

[QUOTE=Danger Bunny]The multiple shark thing isn't that big a deal. Humans aren't a shark's natural prey. They don't see legs standing in the water as food. A little blood in the water isn't a big deal either, you need a lot of blood and a lot of sharks to start a feeding frenzy, and that only works for some types of sharks.

The really stupid thing was trying to spear them with point-head sticks. Shark hide is tough, really really really tough (yes, that's three "really"s). I've skinned dogfish and after you've cut the skin a certain way (with a box cutter) you peel it off by grabbing the edge with pliers! There is no way those sticks would have penetrated the shark -- if they somehow caught one they would have a heck of a time cutting into it with the machette. If they were actually able to poke a shark they stood a good chance of getting injured as the shark bumped into their legs as it scampered off.[/QUOTE

I live on an island and I dont go in water at sunset, dusk, and not even near my um *Aunt Flo* visits, I wont swim near fishing boats (they release droppings) and as sure as heck would never snorkle around spear fisherman.Im glad you are so confident in the SHARKS..count me out..and yes they looked like idiots trying to kill baby baby jaws with a dull toothpick!

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    I don't know. Maybe she made an alliance with Willard that we didn't see. You may be right in that she was thinking ahead in choosing Willard, he would go before her. As far as challenges go, Caryn, Willard, and Coby are definitely dead weight. I'm beginning to like Angie for being very gutsy in the challenges.
    I've been trying to find where I read that Coby had an influence here. As I recall, Coby was planting seeds on day1. He would ask people what they thought of someone else to create doubts about that person. The comment was that Coby had talked to Caryn and told her he didn't like Jonathan, so when Caryns choice came up, she followed Cobys advice, and chose not to take Jonathan.

I'd add Katie as a dead weight on the Koror team. It's almost amazing that Koror only has Tom, Ian and Gregg capable at physical challenges, but they are still winning handily.

I don't see Willard in the jury, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Caryn, Coby and Katie on the jury.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by tmcrae
    Can anyone post the gist of Jeff's parting words and who voted for whom at TC? In CanWest Global's infinite wisdom, they decided to pre-empt the closing credits with a commercial for a special they are airing! :nono
    Just noticed your post tmcrae. Here are Jeff's parting words:

"There is a huge part of me that wishes that I had not injured myself to the point of being unable to help my team advance in the game. It was my choice and by making that choice my team is going to be able to advance further in the game. Ulong - it's time to take Koror to the cleaners."

As for the votes, 4 people voted for Jeff: Stephenie, Ibrehem, Kim & Angie. Kim got 2 votes, from James & Bobby Jon. Jeff voted for James.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

A second pickem would be interesting.
    Quite different choices would be made now that the strengths and weaknesses of everyone are known.

Right now we are down 5 people. An odd number. Perhaps this time only one person gets the chop.

Also, Jeff commented that the Immunity challenge was a day early.
    Is that so that they can squeeze an extra Twist into the deal?

+ Reply to Thread