+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CBS Stacked the Deck.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Sorry Wanda. You got burned the first show because you acted like a dork. Past history of the show proves the geezers can win or do well. They plump up the cast of all of these shows with eye candy. It's why they keep saying they won't do an Arctic version - no bikinis. Get over it.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    EXACTLY eny!

She's bitter that's she's not young and spry anymore.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I still think Wanda caused her own demise, but I do find it disturbing that she claims CBS forced her to wear that horrible dress for the "photo shoot." Of course, I'm assuming it was her dress that she brought with her. Maybe she should have only brought outdoor living friendly clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I still think Wanda caused her own demise, but I do find it disturbing that she claims CBS forced her to wear that horrible dress for the "photo shoot." Of course, I'm assuming it was her dress that she brought with her. Maybe she should have only brought outdoor living friendly clothes.
    That's what I'm not getting either. I keep hearing that they were told what to wear for the photo shoot. Were they told to bring "dress-up" clothes along with what they thought they'd wear in the game and were all too stupid to know that they'd get stuck in the dress up stuff. I can't imagine that they were taken to a wardrobe department and handed impractical thong panties and high heels and in Wanda's case an ugly dress and told "you MUST wear this. If they've watched Survivor before they'd know to bring something that was practicle that would pass for dressy. I'd make darn sure all my undergarments were ones I wouldn't have problem wearing for 39 days.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Wanda alienated herself within minutes. Not really what you want to do.....
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Wanda did herself in. If they are only keeping eye candy why did the young good looking guy leave with Wanda? There is an older man who is still there. After Rob and Amber's boring performance of I, I, I, I, me, me, me, even Wanda was interesting. I don't mind eye candy but get real bored when the whole show is based around two lovers like Rob and Amber. Please CBS don't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64

I could care less if there is any eye candy on the show. Sure its nice to look at but its just fluff as far as the game goes. They are usually the first ones to go too, which is fine by me. They have no idea how to play the game. Its really just a big audition for them. Team Uulong is chock full of wannabes and they are too busy trying to get themselves noticed to pull together for the game. I'm enjoying seeing them make the weekly trek to TC, hope it continues.

Me too! Anyone have a guess as to who the alleged 7 model/actors might be? I'll bet Johnathan was one of them.

This debate has been going on as long as I can remember: fans of game players vs. fans of pretty people. Neither gang will change each others mind, so let's all just enjoy the show. I am a fan of players of the game, good-looking or not, but I admit that if a good game player is also hot, I am really happy! This season's Hot Pick is Tom and so far he is playing the game well, too.

Namaste.

The problem with having models and would be actors is they are not interested in winning the million, they are only interested in doing something that will get them noticed in order to further their career. The actions and reactions are not spontaneous or even calculated for game purpose, they're simply done to get more air time and to be noticed. Almost as if it was scripted but by the contestants instead of the producers.

The best season was the first. They had no idea what would happen after the game. Lets face it, Sue Hawks rat and snake speech was really out there but we know it was real. If I saw that speech done by one of the would be actors now, it would be so totally fake, as if proving they could play the bad guy. Being calculating, a schemer and even a bad guy to win the game is one thing, being calculating to further your career is another. That makes for boring Survivor.

I could care less if there is any eye candy on the show. Sure its nice to look at but its just fluff as far as the game goes. They are usually the first ones to go too, which is fine by me. They have no idea how to play the game. Its really just a big audition for them. Team Uulong is chock full of wannabes and they are too busy trying to get themselves noticed to pull together for the game. I'm enjoying seeing them make the weekly trek to TC, hope it continues.
    Totally agree Shady, this is the more worrisome thing about this trend, not that they are casting good looking youngsters, but that these youngsters motivations may be different than the average Joe or Jane. So many of these people are just looking for face time in front of a national audience to further their career. It takes away from the spirit of the game, in my opinion.

FORT Fogey
    The problem with having models and would be actors is they are not interested in winning the million, they are only interested in doing something that will get them noticed in order to further their career.
    I respectfully disagree. It might be moreso the case with this show and BB but definitely not TAR, where they are always there to win. Anyways, John K is a model, but he was definitely there to just chill and play as hard as he could, he was just dealt a bad hand. Heck, he's going back to school, now. Silas is/was an aspiring actor(should've become a model ) and I never got a famewhore vibe, he was clearly playing his butt off and you could tell getting voted off killed him. Jenna M is a model, but is a huge fan of Survivor.

BTW, why wouldn't they want to win the million? They're not rich by any means. And winning the show is an incredible accomplishment. Now, the only models I can think of from this season are Ibrehem and Bobby Jon. Ibrehem, I can't tell why exactly he's doing the show, how can you when he's said like 3 words? If I got the right vibe, Bobby Jon came into the game planning to do whatever it took to win, to be a hardcore player, but I don't think he's actually doing that, he's falling back on who he really is, which has to be nice.

Not all hot people are models/actors though. I still say Dave Johnson is one of the best looking Survivors and he had no desire to abandon his job to get into modeling or acting. So yeah. I still say Wanda's full of it, no way there are 7 models out there. 7 pretty people yes, but not 7 models. Besides, models are real people too! My favorite reality contestant of all time is a model, Brandon Davidson.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I still say Wanda's full of it, no way there are 7 models out there.
    Wanda's grapes are so sour she could make vinegar. I think it's quite a stretch to jump from someone saying "Oh, well, I didn't really do an audition tape" to them being a model. There are lots of ways to audition for a show like Survivor, sending in an application with an audition tape is only one of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast