+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CBS Stacked the Deck.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    It's pleasing to have attractive people to look at, but that doesn't make or break a season for me.
    It's about the politics of the game, the strategizing, you don't have to be good-looking to do that.
    Exactly. When did this become "Survivor's Next Top Model"? Just because someone is good looking doesn't mean they are interesting or good at playing the game. I know a lot of people were crying last season when they eye candy was sent home, but it was their own fault. They were BAD at they game playing part.

I want people who are there to play. Scheming, back stabbing, whatever. I don't care who they are or what they look like. IMO, some of the best players wouldn't be considered "hot".

It's pleasing to have attractive people to look at, but that doesn't make or break a season for me.
    It's about the politics of the game, the strategizing, you don't have to be good-looking to do that.
    As usual, fluff sums it up perfectly. Wanda did herself in, and she did so in record time using a new and unique way of self destruction. She would do well to focus on her own issues.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    TV Guide Interviewer: Did your singing do you in?
    Wanda: No. I know that they tried to portray that, but that is because they didn't want it to come out that they stocked the show with young models.
    Ok. Lemme get this straight.
    The singing didn't "do her in", it was the fact that the producers weren't showing her muscular, buff-self build shelter and start a fire?

Somehow, if they didn't show her warbling around camp and in the boat...they'd HAVE to reveal to the millions of us viewers the models?

She's kooky. I'll betcha she has a tin-foil hat collection.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I agree 100%. The game is about scheming, plotting, and backstabbing, not about who's the best looking. Perhaps some of you should be watching "America's Next Top Model."

And to those who stopped watching Survivor: Vanuatu because the "eye-candy" was voted out, too bad for you. You missed a superb finish in which "fat" Chris showed himself to be a master of the game.

By the way, in my opinion the word "eye-candy" is suffering from annoying overuse.

Namaste.

FORT Newbie
    She's kooky. I'll betcha she has a tin-foil hat collection.

It would be interesting to see what the 7 people they supposedly cut from selection were like? Do you think maybe one of the top executives walks in, takes a look at the selection one day and decides on the spot they need more eye candy for the show to pull? Chop, chop.

What I hate is the movement of the show away from covering the physical survival. We saw about 1 minute of the shelter being built and only that because Janu decided to rock climb a palm tree. No amount of eye candy will make up for a show that lacks fundamental interest. Without either you get Survivor Vanuatu, popularly regarded as quite dull.

PS Oh my God, Fluff, you have 31,330 posts!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    I agree 100%. The game is about scheming, plotting, and backstabbing, not about who's the best looking. Perhaps some of you should be watching "America's Next Top Model."

And to those who stopped watching Survivor: Vanuatu because the "eye-candy" was voted out, too bad for you. You missed a superb finish in which "fat" Chris showed himself to be a master of the game.

By the way, in my opinion the word "eye-candy" is suffering from annoying overuse.
    Yes, but some of the best looking can also be good at the game. And it does attract viewers, no matter what the show. I didn't stop watching Vanuatu even though it was almost as boring as Thailand, if for anything else to see the "fat five" get their's. At least he was the last man standing, I didn't think I could take it if Sarge and them stuck around until the end. The only reason I thought Chris deserved to win over any of the girls is because they missed their chance to get rid of him; he's just a wannabe Richard Hatch. Heck, even Jeff thought their strategy of voting out the stronger players was stupid. It's not so much eye candy that I care about, as I said, but a good show. And Vanuatu overall was far from it.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    The problem is that there is a large contingent of young people that watch this show and they hate it when the young, cute ones leave. So much for deep psychological thrills; ratings sink appreciably, though not to the level of being in the toilet. So here we have some people that are pretty, but barely speak.... great....

FORT Fanatic

Thank you! I'm glad someone else is tired of that oft-used, annoying phrase.Maybe cute at first but is used way too often on these boards.

FORT Fogey

Why would I watch ANTM? That's only girls, not guys and I don't care about girls, plus they make those chicks look weird in some of the pics. I watched the Vanuatu TCs and enjoyed watching the Fat 5 get their comuppance. I thought Chris was an a-hole, very evil, and very very lucky. He needed to be told at the F7 how to win this game, thanks to Twila. I think he is one of the worst winners. Only Vecepia and Amber are worse than him. Vanuatu was a snoozefest, this season is not.

BTW, Wanda sounds like she's full of crap and needs to get a grip. Her songs were annoying as heck and I'm glad Lill 2.0 is gone. She was a nutcase.

Also, one of my favorites is Tom, who I don't find hot, cuz he is just awesome.

Snoozin' on the beach
    The problem with having models and would be actors is they are not interested in winning the million, they are only interested in doing something that will get them noticed in order to further their career. The actions and reactions are not spontaneous or even calculated for game purpose, they're simply done to get more air time and to be noticed. Almost as if it was scripted but by the contestants instead of the producers.

The best season was the first. They had no idea what would happen after the game. Lets face it, Sue Hawks rat and snake speech was really out there but we know it was real. If I saw that speech done by one of the would be actors now, it would be so totally fake, as if proving they could play the bad guy. Being calculating, a schemer and even a bad guy to win the game is one thing, being calculating to further your career is another. That makes for boring Survivor.

I could care less if there is any eye candy on the show. Sure its nice to look at but its just fluff as far as the game goes. They are usually the first ones to go too, which is fine by me. They have no idea how to play the game. Its really just a big audition for them. Team Uulong is chock full of wannabes and they are too busy trying to get themselves noticed to pull together for the game. I'm enjoying seeing them make the weekly trek to TC, hope it continues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast