+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 323

Thread: 2/17 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #311
    Go Bruins! Qboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    LOST in the 70's
    Posts
    10,321
    And I don't know if this will ever be any kind of advantage, but Koror now has intimate knowledge of both sites, Ulong is familiar with only one.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

  2. #312
    Yogini Suxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    396
    After watching again tonight, I cannot quite figure out why Ian picked Katie first, among all the women. I mean, I'm sure she's a nice girl, and all, but what made her stand out so that she was picked first?

    Namaste.

  3. #313
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    76
    This is not rhetorical...
    I missed the Thursday airing and caught it on Saturday. Did I NOT see about 200 Survivor commercials saying 'this time they have no help?"... to me that distinctly doesn't mean "except the food, water and fire making stuff in the first challenge..oh and your good shoes."??? Anyone that can help me define 'help'??

  4. #314
    FORT Fanatic Danger Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    It looks to me like you'd be among, if not the best prepared first bootie ever, Danger Bunny.
    "First bootie", that sounds almost dirty!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Once the others saw what a good job you'd done in preparing, with all that implies, you'd be too great a threat to keep around.
    I've never really watched the show so you may very well be right, but remember that all the stuff is hidden (I've got to get it past the producers), you wouldn't know any of it unless I told you about it. If I just wait until I'm alone in camp then say "Hey, I got a fire lit while you were away" you wouldn't know I used my belt buckle to do it.

  5. #315
    FORT Fanatic Danger Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo
    This is not rhetorical...
    I missed the Thursday airing and caught it on Saturday. Did I NOT see about 200 Survivor commercials saying 'this time they have no help?"... to me that distinctly doesn't mean "except the food, water and fire making stuff in the first challenge..oh and your good shoes."??? Anyone that can help me define 'help'??
    No cue cards?

  6. #316
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    76
    Danger Bunny,
    I too wonder sometimes if some folks are like "hey this'll be Survivor Paradise Island" where the challenges involve calculating drink tips and getting an even cocoa brown tan without burning-- or at the very least they'll hand out Dunhill lighters.

  7. #317
    Horror of Horrors emjoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    After watching again tonight, I cannot quite figure out why Ian picked Katie first, among all the women. I mean, I'm sure she's a nice girl, and all, but what made her stand out so that she was picked first?
    Well, you dont see the two days of them interacting before the pick.
    Maybe they just got along well beforehand.

    It suprised me in the CBS videos that James and Ashlee are quite close.

  8. #318
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    After watching again tonight, I cannot quite figure out why Ian picked Katie first, among all the women. I mean, I'm sure she's a nice girl, and all, but what made her stand out so that she was picked first?
    Ian did mention that he wanted to go for the underdogs, so Katie sort of fits in that catergory among the other women, imo. I was curious why some Survivor's picked another, but yeah, it could just be who they got close to or who they made a pre-tribal pick alliance with. One other thing (and sorry if this was already brought up) were the other tribe member's allowed to influence someone's pick? Could Ian have told Tom to pick Janu, even if Tom wouldn't have originally went with her, or was the person picking not allowed to get any input?

  9. #319
    Yogini Suxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Ian did mention that he wanted to go for the underdogs, so Katie sort of fits in that catergory among the other women, imo. I was curious why some Survivor's picked another, but yeah, it could just be who they got close to or who they made a pre-tribal pick alliance with. One other thing (and sorry if this was already brought up) were the other tribe member's allowed to influence someone's pick? Could Ian have told Tom to pick Janu, even if Tom wouldn't have originally went with her, or was the person picking not allowed to get any input?

    Thanks for the reply..Now it makes sense to me. Katie is the chubby girl.. No doubt all the skinny young beauties scratched their heads and wondered, "Wait a minute. He picked her first? But I was a beauty queen!"

    I don't think Ian told Tom to pick Janu. Tom was already impressed with her. He and Gregg were present when she shimmied monkeylike up a coconut tree to attach the rope for their shelter. Gregg said something like, "I love you already", while Tom merely gazed at her in admiration.

    Namaste.

  10. #320
    the sweetest thing snickers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,071
    well i missed the first 10 min, but it looks like wanda was singing non stop, and steph/jon were stupid in jumping off the boat first lol

    i like willard, i'm glad they kept him around, angie, if you want to fit in you gotta make the effort i say

    coby, dont like him, i think he didnt pick angie to make it seem like an obvious alliance, he mentioned that, but when did obvious alliances hurt anyone else in the past, i'm thinking romber, jenna/heidi, they never got voted off based on thier alliances

    stephanie, dont like her either, which unforunately means her and coby will go far lol

    i didnt like how she concluded that jolanda alone was responsible for losing the challenge, like jolanda got the guys to move slower untying the ropes, they just fell apart under pressure

    jo was too bossy though, and i can see why she left, but i would have at least kept her around another week or two for strength purposes, reminds me of when hunter was voted off, worst.move.ever.

    if i were the other tribe i would have stayed on my own beach, and now they are paying the price

    i also like the brown team, but this is reminding me too much of thailand with the young vs old thing

    but these guys are much hotter than vanuatu's guys, no flab 5 here!!!

    at least these people have personalities

    oh and it looks like ian is a native of western pa, what is this now, the 3rd person they've had....NO, 4th, dolly was from western pa too, it be awesome if he won, 3rd person from the pittsburgh area to win survivor

    he was on the local news, but i didnt see it cause it was taped

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.