+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

And I don't know if this will ever be any kind of advantage, but Koror now has intimate knowledge of both sites, Ulong is familiar with only one.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

After watching again tonight, I cannot quite figure out why Ian picked Katie first, among all the women. I mean, I'm sure she's a nice girl, and all, but what made her stand out so that she was picked first?

Namaste.

FORT Regular
    This is not rhetorical...
    I missed the Thursday airing and caught it on Saturday. Did I NOT see about 200 Survivor commercials saying 'this time they have no help?"... to me that distinctly doesn't mean "except the food, water and fire making stuff in the first challenge..oh and your good shoes."??? Anyone that can help me define 'help'??

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    It looks to me like you'd be among, if not the best prepared first bootie ever, Danger Bunny.
    "First bootie", that sounds almost dirty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Once the others saw what a good job you'd done in preparing, with all that implies, you'd be too great a threat to keep around.
    I've never really watched the show so you may very well be right, but remember that all the stuff is hidden (I've got to get it past the producers), you wouldn't know any of it unless I told you about it. If I just wait until I'm alone in camp then say "Hey, I got a fire lit while you were away" you wouldn't know I used my belt buckle to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo
    This is not rhetorical...
    I missed the Thursday airing and caught it on Saturday. Did I NOT see about 200 Survivor commercials saying 'this time they have no help?"... to me that distinctly doesn't mean "except the food, water and fire making stuff in the first challenge..oh and your good shoes."??? Anyone that can help me define 'help'??
    No cue cards?

FORT Regular
    Danger Bunny,
    I too wonder sometimes if some folks are like "hey this'll be Survivor Paradise Island" where the challenges involve calculating drink tips and getting an even cocoa brown tan without burning-- or at the very least they'll hand out Dunhill lighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    After watching again tonight, I cannot quite figure out why Ian picked Katie first, among all the women. I mean, I'm sure she's a nice girl, and all, but what made her stand out so that she was picked first?
    Well, you dont see the two days of them interacting before the pick.
    Maybe they just got along well beforehand.

It suprised me in the CBS videos that James and Ashlee are quite close.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Suxie
    Ian did mention that he wanted to go for the underdogs, so Katie sort of fits in that catergory among the other women, imo. I was curious why some Survivor's picked another, but yeah, it could just be who they got close to or who they made a pre-tribal pick alliance with. One other thing (and sorry if this was already brought up) were the other tribe member's allowed to influence someone's pick? Could Ian have told Tom to pick Janu, even if Tom wouldn't have originally went with her, or was the person picking not allowed to get any input?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Ian did mention that he wanted to go for the underdogs, so Katie sort of fits in that catergory among the other women, imo. I was curious why some Survivor's picked another, but yeah, it could just be who they got close to or who they made a pre-tribal pick alliance with. One other thing (and sorry if this was already brought up) were the other tribe member's allowed to influence someone's pick? Could Ian have told Tom to pick Janu, even if Tom wouldn't have originally went with her, or was the person picking not allowed to get any input?

Thanks for the reply..Now it makes sense to me. Katie is the chubby girl.. No doubt all the skinny young beauties scratched their heads and wondered, "Wait a minute. He picked her first? But I was a beauty queen!"

I don't think Ian told Tom to pick Janu. Tom was already impressed with her. He and Gregg were present when she shimmied monkeylike up a coconut tree to attach the rope for their shelter. Gregg said something like, "I love you already", while Tom merely gazed at her in admiration.

Namaste.

well i missed the first 10 min, but it looks like wanda was singing non stop, and steph/jon were stupid in jumping off the boat first lol

i like willard, i'm glad they kept him around, angie, if you want to fit in you gotta make the effort i say

coby, dont like him, i think he didnt pick angie to make it seem like an obvious alliance, he mentioned that, but when did obvious alliances hurt anyone else in the past, i'm thinking romber, jenna/heidi, they never got voted off based on thier alliances

stephanie, dont like her either, which unforunately means her and coby will go far lol

i didnt like how she concluded that jolanda alone was responsible for losing the challenge, like jolanda got the guys to move slower untying the ropes, they just fell apart under pressure

jo was too bossy though, and i can see why she left, but i would have at least kept her around another week or two for strength purposes, reminds me of when hunter was voted off, worst.move.ever.

if i were the other tribe i would have stayed on my own beach, and now they are paying the price

i also like the brown team, but this is reminding me too much of thailand with the young vs old thing

but these guys are much hotter than vanuatu's guys, no flab 5 here!!!

at least these people have personalities

oh and it looks like ian is a native of western pa, what is this now, the 3rd person they've had....NO, 4th, dolly was from western pa too, it be awesome if he won, 3rd person from the pittsburgh area to win survivor

he was on the local news, but i didnt see it cause it was taped

+ Reply to Thread