+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Kao
    Every time that guy James opened his mouth I laughed until I cried. he's a cutie, though, iin a strange way.

I'm really glad that Angie got to stay. I liked Jo, but she helped them lose that challenge by arguing with the girl who said "Look, the other team has left...and I think we should leave now!"

I also laughed like a hyena when the other team lost their flint they worked so hard to get...

They really should have at least made this premiere 1 1/2 or maybe even 2 hours. Way too much went down that we weren't privy to, such as a bit more on why Jonathon was not picked besides being one of the first off the boat (or a bit more of how Coby planted the idea in everyones mind). I wasn't sure I would like it at first but the chaos throughout the episode drew me in.

With immunity at stake from the start, I'm surprised no one was thrown off the boat. Those who kept moving around the boat to be closer to shore without doing any rowing should have been the first to be tossed. Wanda should have followed close behind.

It's interesting that some of the players finally seem to be playing the game the way many of the FORT posters say they should. Coby said you can't have all the young good looking people with all the power, as well as concluding with Angie that they were a bit different but that you can't be too much of an outcast to stay in the game (hear that Wanda? )

The two people leaving right away was brutal but I liked it. In a way it was almost too bad that JP didn't have them pick the exact same way but leave out the part about the last two not making it past that stage until they were the only ones left. It was still pretty emotional though and the last picks were certainly difficult from a strategic standpoint.

There seems to be a more pronounced theme this season of "fitting in" and "teamwork". Coby and Angie realized they need to fit in in order to do well in the game but Wanda and Jolanda did not. The Koror tribe seems to understand teamwork a bit better and has a good mix of players.

Ian seemed UTR with a good grasp of the game and could go far if some of the others don't see him as a threat. For some reason I wouldn't mind seeing Tom, Willard, and Coby do well. Angie could have been the first one out, but so could have Chris last season and it turned out OK for him. I think I thought Ashley was OK but now I'm not sure - so many of the women looked very similar or different than their pictures (when it's usually the guys I can't tell apart at the start of a season). (if it wasn't Ashley then it was whichever other girl had some sensible ideas on the Ulong tribe)
    Last edited by brusch; 02-18-2005 at 04:40 AM.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Those on Ulong that voted Jolanda out made the right call. Jolandas strength might conceivably be missed down the line, but it is more than offset by ridding themselves of a person that would have been more of a detrimental distraction than a true team member adding to cohesiveness.

I'm surprised Jolanda came out swinging verbally as she did; looking at her at Tribal Council, it didn't look from the start that she was under any misassumption that she wasn't a valid target. Her get up and go can-do spirit left me wanting her to just get up and go, particularly (for some reason) after her little shrug while voting.

Her strong body wouldn't trump the turmoil that would follow in the wake of her comments.

My favorite portion of the show was Ulong rowing as if they were headed to their own execution.

I don't understand the idea of picking the new camp when you have a choice between what you know and already have and going for the unknown.

Interesting start. Just proves that if you are doing Survivor you need to be ready from the very beginning. Wanda, Jolanda and Jonathan all did something to do themselves in. Other people did some dumb things too but these three managed to get themselves off the island fast.

Tom is a hottie
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Am I the only one who would have wanted to stay at the original beach, instead of moving to the new one?
    NO! Dumbest thing I've ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood
    Note to self : if ever picked to be on the show, show up to EVERYTHING wearing what you want to be wearing on the island. NEVER EVER fall for the publicity photo shoot bs. It is survivor I would wear my survivor uniform to every and any survivor related thing!

That is sooooooo Darn funny, and yet so true. That's all that I kept thinking last night while watching the show (when I wasn't busy drooling over Ibe's way nice body). If it's ANYWHERE NEAR the time that you'd be picked or leaving for the island, WEAR what you want to be wearing on the Island. You'd think these Survivors would have remembered that since they've pulled that one before. Jeez!
    FP

Yeah, Tom IS a hottie!

I also think Jolanda did herself in during the immunity challenge....she was obstinately trying to get as many supplies as possible and trying to undo those knots took waaaayy too long, as her teammates tried to tell her. Koror was very smart on only deciding to take the one thing they absolutely had to have, fire. Although how in the world an outrigger canoe tipped over in mild waves was rather odd......it was kind of ironic they lost the flint that way. I have confidence that they will retrieve it shortly.

When Wanda stood up and started singing...I had nasty flashbacks of Lil :rolleyes glad she left.

Favorites so far: Katie, who admits she really just wants to lose weight and doesn't really care about the million; Tom (strong, intelligent and HOT), Ian - who just might win it all and Janu - smart, strong and incredibly limber.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG
    Yeah, Tom IS a hottie!

I also think Jolanda did herself in during the immunity challenge....she was obstinately trying to get as many supplies as possible and trying to undo those knots took waaaayy too long, as her teammates tried to tell her. Koror was very smart on only deciding to take the one thing they absolutely had to have, fire. Although how in the world an outrigger canoe tipped over in mild waves was rather odd......it was kind of ironic they lost the flint that way. I have confidence that they will retrieve it shortly.

When Wanda stood up and started singing...I had nasty flashbacks of Lil :rolleyes glad she left.

Favorites so far: Katie, who admits she really just wants to lose weight and doesn't really care about the million; Tom (strong, intelligent and HOT), Ian - who just might win it all and Janu - smart, strong and incredibly limber.
    I'm with you on Katie being my fav. I hope she wins.

As far as the players not playing the game as it should, I wonder if they were once like us but as soon as they got to the island they lost their minds getting swept away by the enormity of it all????
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

So far I think they are 20 annyoing people. Nobody I could really have a rooting interest in but it's early.
    Was it just me or were the lawyers really annoying ? I thought Stephanie was cute.

I would have knocked the woman singing into the water.

I liked how they didnt choose two people and then said they loved them as they were sailing off. What a bunch of nonsense.

Cranky Bill
    Last edited by lasvegasfan; 02-18-2005 at 11:34 AM.

nlmcp: Wanda, Jolanda and Jonathan all did something to do themselves in. Other people did some dumb things too but these three managed to get themselves off the island fast.
    I can see why Wanda and maybe Jolanda got booted but can't understand why Jonathan got booted. Anyone know? Felt sorry for him. Really, Wanda was asking for it bringing attention to herself acting like a yo-yo, guess to her that was having fun. Would have been interesting to see her go further in the game and drive them all up the wall (or trees in this case).

+ Reply to Thread