+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    More of my faves are on Ulong, but it's always nice to see a tribe that gets so cocky about winning lose and lose miserably (okay, they weren't that cocky, but still thought they were going to win because physically they were stronger). That's one thing about Survivor that hasn't changed, you still get a tribe full of buff eye candy and another tribe of misfits.

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    "It's either you or I, and I don't want it to be me..."

Isn't that {gasp} gramatically correct?
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who spent some valuable brain cells pondering that sentence.

And, yes, I think that it is grammatically correct.
    There's always one in every bunch.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    http://grammar.uoregon.edu/case/objcase.html

from the university of Oregon this includes a sentance which shows the correct you and me...for the objective case....

but in speaking we are much less formal....and we knew what she ment...

With the whole Jolanda or Angie thing, I'm happy with what went down. Jolanda's bossy attitude didn't bother me so much...or well, it was annoying sometimes...but I wasn't disgusted by it like I have been with other past survivors. The thing I didn't like was her little comment to the camera at TC. She said to Angie that the team doesn't like to rack up losses, so Angie has to go. Wait...I didn't get any impression that Angie was a major problem with the loss. On the other hand, Angie better start stepping up for herself if she wants to remain.

I was so sad that Wanda left!!!! She was so weird...I'd want to see her go farther! She's definitely entertaining with all of her songs. Plus, I know she'd bother people. Heheheh...I thrive on the conflict.

Note to self : if ever picked to be on the show, show up to EVERYTHING wearing what you want to be wearing on the island. NEVER EVER fall for the publicity photo shoot bs. It is survivor I would wear my survivor uniform to every and any survivor related thing!

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    One team is like all the good looking people where as the other is the mediorce one. Thank god the mediorce team won. Tom the Firefighter rules! heh he did everything so fast O_O. They were smart, and all they really need was fire. I thought I wasn't going to watch this season but it looks good. Can't wait till next episode.
    Well, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally find Tom and Gregg to be the 2 most attractive guys, and they're on what you call team mediocre. But really, this is an overwhelmingly attractive group of people, and I think the teams are split pretty evenly there. But Ulong is definitely the younger tribe. They started out with an average age of 27 and now that they voted out their oldest member their average age is down to 25.5. Koror's average age is 36.3. A good 10-years difference.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm so mad that Jolanda left first! Angie should have left! GR! They need Jolanda that chick go muscles

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    I really enjoyed this episode. I couldn't believe that all of the "Survivor has never started like this" hype actually proved true.

Sign me up for the "Tom fan-wagon." In fact, overall, "Brown team" has my favorites: Tom, Caryn, Janu, Ian, and Willard.

It was great to see a team working so well and so smart together from the get-go, and then the great anti-climactic loss of the fire starting materials was great.

Anyone else notice Ashlee? I can't quite pin-point what it was she said in confessional that struck me, but she seems to have a good "under the radar" start. I believe (and anyone who DVRed, TiVoed, or just plained taped the show is welcome to confirm/deny for me) that she was in the voting against Jolanda group, but never initiated anything. She wasn't the first pick for Team Blue, but she wasn't the last, and like I said, something she said in confessional made me think that she was planning, and yet, had the sense to stay back.
    There's always one in every bunch.

Along the lines of age, not only are so many of these people younger, but the older people are in pretty good shape. I mean, Willard who is the oldest doesn't seem to be much of a straggler at all. In the past, I remember there being quite a few older people who just couldn't make it even in the first few challenges.

FORT Fan
    Hi, all! I'm new here ...

Dh is sleeping, and I have to say this to someone ...

WHY do these people sign up for Survivor and not learn how to start a FIRE?? Hello?? Have you watched any of the previous shows?

Ditto on the clothes remarks. Thongs? :rolleyes

I was hoping whoever got the "new" campsite would have some kind of benefit for going there, but I guess not.

Jo sealed her own fate. She should have known better.

Overall, I liked the first episode. We'll see how it goes ...

+ Reply to Thread