+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Probst Will Replace Me: Regis

Probst Will Replace Me: Regis

February 16, 2005 -- THERE could be a new Regis on the block.
    Regis Philbin appears to be grooming "Survivor" host Jeff Probst to take over "Live with Regis & Kelly" when he one day says "adios amigos."

"This is a guy who would kill, kill to sit here every day," Philbin told viewers yesterday while priming the audience for a guest appearance by Probst, who dropped by to promote the latest season of "Survivor."

"And one of ['Live' executive producer Michael] Gelman's favorites," Regis said.

Probst has subbed as a guest host for Philbin several times in the past, when the 73-year-old TV icon has gone on vacation.

Gelman "is grooming him for the day I say adios amigos you'll see him fighting his way in," Regis joked.

"He sits here and he looks at you the whole thing is developing right before your eyes," Regis told his leggy co-host, Kelly Ripa.

"I think a little jealousy is what we're watching unfold," Ripa shot back.

"Regis was kidding around with a friend of the show and it's nothing more than that," a spokesperson said. Don Kaplan
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/40638.htm

I'd love to see Jiffy host a talk show, but only after Survivor is dead and buried. Many, many years from now.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I was watching that! I totally think that Jeff would make a great host (downside: his Mom would have to buy a LOT of tapes to tape it!). But I totally agree with Qboots, it should only happen LONG after Survivor is done!

I'll add my agreement to yours QBoots & SeaMonkey. Jeff could easily replace Regis but who could replace Jiffy? No One!
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I saw the episode yesterday and Regis was saying it in jest. You know how he says things and then says them again, only louder? It was like that. Like when he looked at the camera, as if talking to Jeff's Mom who was upset he was only a guest this time and not co-hosting, Regis said "what about me Mom, WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Very funny segment - hard to convey in the written word, but it was a funny piece that Regis was accusing Jeff of wanting to steal his job.

I do think Jeff would make a great co-host, but especially with Kelly Ripa, because he puts her in her place. That, and, well, he's adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerfley
    I'll add my agreement to yours QBoots & SeaMonkey. Jeff could easily replace Regis but who could replace Jiffy? No One!
    That's long solved. Julie Chen, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    Ewwww. :phhht You go wash your mouth out with soap RIGHT NOW!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    Funny, thats the first person I thought of too ( jokingly, of course ). But if it happened, Survivor would be dead and buried ... she'd kill it before filming was finished.

Edit to correct spelling.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread