+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 Preview: 02/17 **Spoilers**

Episode 1 Preview: 02/17 **Spoilers**

TWENTY NEW CASTAWAYS ARE ABANDONED ON ONE BEACH
    WHEN "SURVIVOR: PALAU," PREMIERES THURSDAY, FEB. 17
    ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"This Has Never Happened Before!" -- Twenty new castaways are abandoned on one beach when SURVIVOR: PALAU premieres Thursday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

As the castaways row one large boat through the waters surrounding Palau, host Jeff Probst points them towards their new beach and indicates there will be two machetes and a map to water waiting for them. In addition, he indicates there will be two immunity necklaces for the first man and the first woman to reach the shore. With that, Jeff departs and the anticipation and panic sets in…who will stay in the boat? Who will be first to jump? Who will win immunity? By the end of the first episode, three castaways will leave the island.

ahhh, I wonder if the immunity winners get to do the pick 'em game?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Oooh, I bet it is. They do get machetes too. Something I read or heard earlier made it sound like they were getting absolutely nothing.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." – B. Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Zerfley
    Oooh, I bet it is. They do get machetes too. Something I read or heard earlier made it sound like they were getting absolutely nothing.
    Or maybe he says there are machetes waiting for them when there really isn't anything...
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

I figured "no help" meant that there were going to be NO reward challenges....or that the rewards were not luxuries, but necessities.

You would think they would AT LEAST get machetes.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fan
    That's rather interesting. 2 immunity necklaces just 10 mins into the game.

The venerable TV Guide mentions that 2 people get lost on their way to a challenge and 3 people are elimintated from the game in the first episode.

Sounds as if they never got there to compete and bye bye.

Lost, mmmm, sounds familiar.

Think it might be 2 young directionally challenged males who don't ask for directions or are genetically incapable of reading a map?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Think it might be 2 young directionally challenged males who don't ask for directions or are genetically incapable of reading a map?
    Hey now!!! Guys are GOOD at reading maps....it's the "asking for directions" part that usually throws us. Me? I actually ask for directions and hints BEFORE I leave. That way, I'm not that driver that everyone hates that makes a last second switch from the far right lane to the left turning lane. And, with mapquest these days, It's way easier than having to ask for directions.

Although....I'm doubting the survivors were allowed to use a computer.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I've heard two different stories on how they lose three players in the first show. One that two of them get lost on the way to the challenge and the other that two people don't get picked for a team and are automatically eliminatd. Getting lost on the way is funnier, but realistically I think it will be the two who don't get chosen. The third person is gone with that famous quote "The tribe has spoken."
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    I've heard two different stories on how they lose three players in the first show. One that two of them get lost on the way to the challenge and the other that two people don't get picked for a team and are automatically eliminatd. Getting lost on the way is funnier, but realistically I think it will be the two who don't get chosen. The third person is gone with that famous quote "The tribe has spoken."
    I'm guessing the two that don't get chosen, don't get chosen because they got lost and the third might be from a typical tribal counsel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast