+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Probst: 'Palau' is a different 'Survivor' ****May be spoilers

  1. #31
    FORT Regular puppyluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    I am sort of tired of deserted islands too .. I would like to see some "mainland" habitats. Some of the most interesting locales have been the Amazon, Africa and Australia.
    Hey that just gave me a fantastic 'lil idea...
    How about this for a location: Survivor Polar Icecap! (Filmed in the midst of a brisk winter, mind you.)
    Reward challenges? A can of sterno! Thermacare heatwraps. Swiss Miss cocoa. LOL
    Challenges...hmmm...walk from your igloo to tribal council, the one who loses the least appendages to frost-bite WINS IMMUNITY! Yahooooo!

  2. #32
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    460
    I don't reall like the booting of 2 players right away because they don't get picked to be on a team.It will obviously be 2 weaker players. How is that any better than having tribes vote out stronger players just to make it easier for themselves? It's the same thing just opposite ends of the spectrum.The problem with Survivor is no matter what they do, it's never really a fair game. But I suppose that's part of the appeal, a little luck a little skill. But too often we end up with a winner like pony-tail from the last edition.That was a letdown.

  3. #33
    Director of Sunshine Zerfley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    On the Beach!
    Posts
    204
    I think the picking will depend more on who bonded with who at the beginning of the game rather than on the fitness level. Plus, the less fit might be safe for a while if they start out like the last bunch wanting to get rid of the super fit right away before they realize how much their teams are going to need them. How they're picked might also factor in - one leader picking or a chain pick. However they do it I would HATE to be the one not picked. That is the worst.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." – B. Russell

  4. #34
    Snoozin' on the beach
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,918
    I like just about everything I am hearing so far. The only thing I don't agree with is not providing a map for water. Not providing food shelter or anything else is ok but not having/knowing a water source sounds really extreme. How long can the human body go without water before it causes damage? They could be trudging around that island for weeks looking for a water source. Just seems a bit over the top from MB trying to outdo himself. What's next, not providing breathable air?

  5. #35
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I like just about everything I am hearing so far. The only thing I don't agree with is not providing a map for water. Not providing food shelter or anything else is ok but not having/knowing a water source sounds really extreme. How long can the human body go without water before it causes damage? They could be trudging around that island for weeks looking for a water source. Just seems a bit over the top from MB trying to outdo himself. What's next, not providing breathable air?

    I never even thought of that. I wonder if that's how it'll be or water will be the one thing that's given.I suppose you could go for about a week without water,given the right circumstances, but certainly not in a hot climate like this.Not sure how accurate he is but Jack on "Lost"-who's a doctor on the show- said those people would need half a gallon per day. Lost is like survivor on steroids. I've never seen a wild boar chase anyone on Survivor, though I would really like to!

  6. #36
    My Doppleganger Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,272
    I hope JP isn't yanking our chain. I would really like to see the intensity of Survivor be picked up. The last few seasons have been a real bust. We'll see what happens.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

  7. #37
    Horror of Horrors emjoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro
    I don't reall like the booting of 2 players right away because they don't get picked to be on a team.It will obviously be 2 weaker players.
    I kinda agree.
    First, it's a shame to lose so many characters so quickly. Bring them in, get us interested in them than knock them off. I hate it when they do that in movies too.

    Secondly, it seems to be designed to knock off the unique, interesting, annoying, different characters early. I fear for Wanda, Willard, Angie, Jolanda, Ian.

    I'd almost wish for only 14 players, and dont boot anyone in the first episode. Give them time to sink in. But people want their payoff, their spilt blood, at the end of each episode.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey Sunnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the sun
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerfley
    I think the picking will depend more on who bonded with who at the beginning of the game rather than on the fitness level. Plus, the less fit might be safe for a while if they start out like the last bunch wanting to get rid of the super fit right away before they realize how much their teams are going to need them. How they're picked might also factor in - one leader picking or a chain pick. However they do it I would HATE to be the one not picked. That is the worst.

    But...what if they eliminate the FIRST two people picked for each team? Wouldn't that be a hoot?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.