+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Probst: 'Palau' is a different 'Survivor' ****May be spoilers

FORT Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    I know that I get annoyed when the "worker bees" slave away while the "princess kitties" lie around in the sun.
    ... yeah, but I LIKE the princess kitties! They're fun to look at

Is it me, or does this cast really resemble All-Stars a lot? Like, how the contestants look & are named and stuff?

This sounds like it could be a winner season. I am not even going to pick someone to win because I am never right

This all sounded like hype to me.

But, you know, I didn't actively hate Vanuatu either, so I am not burned out on it. It wasn't the best season, but it is still better than 95% of the other shows on television.

Getting rid of two people within the first half hour doesn't do much for me either. Since we won't even know these people aside from thier profession/name, it won't even matter.

I still think the show needs some major rule changes. (One tribe to start, everyone plays for individual immunity (top three, with the winner getting a reward) .. then it is split up into two tribes when you are down to ten). Lose the reward challenges, show us more interactions instead.

I am sort of tired of deserted islands too .. I would like to see some "mainland" habitats. Some of the most interesting locales have been the Amazon, Africa and Australia.

Thanks for posting this, Eny!!

I am excited for Palau. At least they are trying to respond to recent criticisms and make the show and the gameplay less predictable. I hope we do get to see a "strong person" alliance for once, and less UTR play.

We'll see.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I can attest to the water clarity. It is crystal clear. We went to Palau 18 months ago for a dive expedition. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate the WWII wrecks, underwater and above, into the show. There are remnants of camps, bunkers, planes, and many sunken ships all over the place. You can't go far without seeing something war related. Food will be an issue. Half of our group got food posoining while we were there. I'm looking forward to the show expecially to see if I recognize any of the sets.
    "The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars."

Peter Diamandis, X Prize Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    This all sounded like hype to me.

I am sort of tired of deserted islands too .. I would like to see some "mainland" habitats. Some of the most interesting locales have been the Amazon, Africa and Australia.
    Agreed, Australia is still my favorite. They couldn't have paid God enough for that flood. Now that was drama.

I would hope that they do not do much at all with the wrecks. Thousands of folks died in that area during WWII. I wouldn't feel comfortable with Survivor challenges going on down around the Arizona in Pearl Harbor, and I guessing the Japanese might feel the same about their ships in Palau.

Just my view though.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

All of the ships are considered war graves and there are laws prohibiting the desicration. You can't take souveniers of course and what's more, they are full of live artillery. You can see the bombs lying all around and on top of the wrecks. The salt water is corroding them and they are very dangerous. It's a fascinating place but eerily creepy and very sad. It's like the Titanic where you can see shoes lying around, you know that's where a body once lay.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    But, you know, I didn't actively hate Vanuatu either, so I am not burned out on it. It wasn't the best season, but it is still better than 95% of the other shows on television.
    Some of the most interesting locales have been the Amazon, Africa and Australia.

JP ranks the seasons

http://www.survivorfever.net/jp_rates_the_seasons.html

rankings only, no spoilers

#9 Thailand - I agree
    #8 Marquesas - probably the worst F2 and final TC
    #7 Africa - dry, dry, dry ... another uninspiring F2
    #6 Vanatua - fat five vs. Ami ... is Chris still lying ???
    #5 Amazon - featured RobC ... maybe the best player ever (like him or hate him)
    #4 All Stars - got too predictable
    #3 Pearl Islands ... arrrrrrgh matie ... worst villian ever, and Lill was worst ever F2
    #2 Australia - first season I watched ... I was totally hooked
    #1 Borneo - am really enjoying the DVDs ... still simple and "pure"

What do you think ?
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

This new season seems like it could be interesting. I have been really tired of Survivor but these new changes that Jeff has spoken of have intrigued me to definitely watch this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast