+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1353545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Stephenie

Will see what happens tonight now won't will!!

FORT Newbie
    To her credit, Steph seems to realize she is piling up enemies on the jury...but she lets Rafe talk her into adding another one. Maybe she's really playing for 2nd all along and realizes this makes her ever more desirable as a F2 partner?
    By giving Cindy the heads up, preventing a blindside, and supporting Cindy's pitch to Danni I think Steph did as much as she could to direct the bitterness Rafe's way. Cindy would have been aware that she didn't have the numbers and I'd be surprised if she blamed Steph for voting with the majority. It doesn't help Cindy's cause to get shafted 3-2 instead of 4-1.

It's irrelevant anyway AFIC because IMO Steph's returnee status is going to play more of a role in the voting than anything she did in Guatemala. The jury is totally full of damn bad sportsmanships man.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjay View Post
    By giving Cindy the heads up, preventing a blindside, and supporting Cindy's pitch to Danni I think Steph did as much as she could to direct the bitterness Rafe's way.
    That's possible. On the other hand, Cindy may remember that even though she tried to point out how much of a threat Rafe is, Stephanie still voted her out, instead. That may give Rafe her vote (or at least not give Stephanie Cindy's vote).

Quote Originally Posted by Cjay View Post
    The jury is totally full of damn bad sportsmanships man.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ya know.. IMO, Steph seemed bitter (ungrateful) that she came in 2nd.
    She thought that she was way better than all of them and deserved the win. Survivor doesn't OWE Stephanie a million dollars, nor does the viewing audience. The first Survivor she was on.. she lost. The second Survivor she was on, she lost. DONE. No mas. You got $100K, now go away.

Oh, and who, I repeat, WHO said she was "America's sweetheart"????

The girl just irritated the holy crap outta me this season. The crying fit she had after losing to Danni was so self-serving... she was crying because she wanted the million bucks and was "whoa is me-ing".

SO GLAD SHE LOST.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'm betting the reason that the Exile Island is so unbearable is because Burnett invited Steph back a third time to inhabit that place.

FORT Fogey
    I don't get the Steph hate going on.

She is an admittedly competitive person and this is a game.

To me, she seemed humble the entire time. She was always congratulatory of the others who won immunities - esp. Cindy with the car. She was the only one who wasn't bitter about not getting a car.

I just don't see how she somehow turned arrogant and mean. She's confident and competitive and friendly throughout.

FORT Regular
    I liked Steph during the previous survior season. I disliked her during the majority of this season because of her complaints, and came to love her at the end of this season. She is probably one of my most favorite survivors (though I don't think she is a very good game player). I love her because she played with so much heart and she is a straight shooter. During the last immunity challenge, when I saw her using the friction betwen her painful back and the pole trying to inch up just a little, hanging in there despite the pain, and finally collapseing after giving it her all, the old Steph that we all loved last season finally returned! She definitely loved the game and gave it her all.

During the final tribal council (the Q/A session), I thought she handled the questions with honesty and poise. She knew Judd hated her and wouldn't give her his vote. She could just tell him to piss off like Katie did to Karyn's hostile question (Survivor 10). Steph knew she was just getting second place by that time. Yet, she answered all questions in good faith and with good sportsmanship even though some of the questions were tough for her. I have to give kudos to steph.
    Last edited by jenjen123; 12-15-2005 at 08:09 AM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Ya know.. IMO, Steph seemed bitter (ungrateful) that she came in 2nd.
    Both Steph and Danni played a good game. Do you see that many 2nd place finisher in a close survivor game who are grateful for their loss? Steph definitely congratulated Danni and complimented her for playing a great game during the finale and during their survivor live interview. Steph commented that the some of the votes from the jury were more agaisnt her than for danni, and frankly I think she was right (think Judd). Does anyone believe JUDD's vote was actually FOR danni? I think he made it clear that it was agaisnt Steph.

The girl just irritated the holy crap outta me this season. The crying fit she had after losing to Danni was so self-serving... she was crying because she wanted the million bucks and was "whoa is me-ing". SO GLAD SHE LOST.
    Well, if you have ever given it your all during an important sports game, and your very best is still not good enough, you will understand what Steph felt at that moment. She was probably not thinking of grabbing more camera time. It was just about releasing the pent-up raw emotions and I was very touched by her tears. I think Danni, Rafe, and Jeff Probst were all touched by it. Crying is a natural healing mechanism.

FORT Fogey
    Oh, and who, I repeat, WHO said she was "America's sweetheart"????
    She is America's Sweetheart if Paris Hilton is considered to be The Girl Next Door type. Ha!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Rupert's back again??? A 3-peat!

To her credit, Steph seems to realize she is piling up enemies on the jury...but she lets Rafe talk her into adding another one. Maybe she's really playing for 2nd all along and realizes this makes her ever more desirable as a F2 partner?
    Sorry I meant Bobby Jon when I said Rupert.

Maybe she was playing for 2nd all along, more likely though she hoped the jury would reward her for playing the game so well and being the one to initiate or atleast be a key role in alot of the alliance switches and voteoffs.

+ Reply to Thread