+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Anywho.. now that you mention the other girls gracie.. I'm worried about those lazy girls of Koror. They'll scheme and plot to get rid of Steph because she's such a threat. Since they've been together the whole time, obviously they'd side with each other before siding with HER...especially if Tom starts showing any signs of alliance w/her. Hmmm.. it's gonna get interesting.
    I just hope that when it shakes out, Steph/Tom/Ian/? (I don't like Katie) go to the final four.
    Katie seems to be part of the alliance with Tom/Ian & Stephenie, so maybe Katie will be the saving grace for Steph.

Bobbie John said it best last night "The girl is almost invinsible". I think she may well be the strongest female competitor in the history of this show. She just has a way of finding the finish line when it is necessary. Just watch the rival factions start to compete for her allegiance when she merges with the others. As Katie said it will probably get ugly. I just hope Steph once again finds a way to avoid elimination.

I laughed my ass off when BJ said "I swear she thinks in her sleep"

Well BJ she was thinking for two.

BTW...I think BJ threw the fire challenge. he never even tried to blow on his fire.
    I think he thought Steph deserved it more.
    What a gallant idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rpow
    Well BJ she was thinking for two.
    So true.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Kao
    I think that BJ was just HONGRY (beyond hunger) and wanted to get something decent to eat! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    I think that BJ was just HONGRY (beyond hunger) and wanted to get something decent to eat! ^_^
    He had several of those duck fetus things. I wouldn't be able to eat for a month after that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rpow
    I laughed my ass off when BJ said "I swear she thinks in her sleep"
    When I heard that I thought " Wow, I'm not alone!"
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

I can see Stephanie has a lot of fans, but the whole concept that she alone was somehow great in Ulong and everyone else held her back is just wrong in my view.

She contributed to every loss they had. Even the puzzle, where if you look at the pull back shot just Koror wins you can see clearly that she may have been ordering things around, but they were just as messed up puzzle wise as when Bobby Jon was deposed. Let's not forget that she and Ibe thought he was the right guy to lead.

Others were just as physical, and Bobby Jon was really the best competitor they had. I like her as a player, but I am not buying into this idea that she is greatness somehow obscured by her teammates. She was just lucky enough to survive her tribe's complete incompetence to reach this point.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I can see Stephanie has a lot of fans, but the whole concept that she alone was somehow great in Ulong and everyone else held her back is just wrong in my view.

She contributed to every loss they had. Even the puzzle, where if you look at the pull back shot just Koror wins you can see clearly that she may have been ordering things around, but they were just as messed up puzzle wise as when Bobby Jon was deposed. Let's not forget that she and Ibe thought he was the right guy to lead.

Others were just as physical, and Bobby Jon was really the best competitor they had. I like her as a player, but I am not buying into this idea that she is greatness somehow obscured by her teammates. She was just lucky enough to survive her tribe's complete incompetence to reach this point.
    I totally agree with ya!

I find it painfully and hysterically ironic how she said she was good at solving puzzles. It made me think of James and his carpentry prowness and knot know-how!

If she is just as guilty for being such a loser as the rest of the loser tribe! And I guess I'm in the minority here but, I just don't understand why and how anyone can come to idea that she's such a great player and that she deserves to go far in the game. Where's the justifiable logic in that??

"My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I know Steph has made some mistakes, but I love her attitude and the way she competes in the challenges. It isn't just her physical abilities that make her stand out. The competitive spirit that she has is what separated her from the rest of Ulong and makes me root for her so much. (Nice abs, too.)

She didn't do so well with the puzzles, but working with BJ was a big handicap (I like the guy, but puzzles weren't this thing). There were, however, several competitions where she did almost singlehandedly carry her team. To name a few: the weights/walking in water competition (BJ was great there, too, but Steph outlasted other guys like Ibe the muscleman), the target shooting competition, and the push-the-other-person-out-of-the-circle competition. There were many competitions where her teammates folded under the pressure and she didn't. BJ tried hard, but seemed to give up or get flustered/choke at the end of several competitions. Ibe and Jeff were both athletic looking guys, but both were quitters. Ernest P. Worrell absolutely sucked in every single challenge. Steph isn't perfect, but the deck was stacked against her. I don't think she is a brilliant strategist, but then again, she's done something right to be the last Ulongian standing.
    Last edited by Chach; 04-08-2005 at 07:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread