+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephenie

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I have to admit that I have a lot of respect for Stephenie. That is one tough woman. Athletic and intelligent, I know it's just killing her to keep losing, but she still keeps on trying like the frickin' Energizer bunny. Here's hoping that she catches a break somehow and gets to go further in the game.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    On the CBS promo, Ian says, "The final four is you, me, Katie, and Stephenie," So maybe there is hope for her when the merge comes. I doubt this happens though, but I do think Bobby Jon will be targeted first.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiffyPortillo
    On the CBS promo, Ian says, "The final four is you, me, Katie, and Stephenie," So maybe there is hope for her when the merge comes. I doubt this happens though, but I do think Bobby Jon will be targeted first.
    I'm hoping "you" is Tom... but how did Katie get in there? The others are all workers.... Ian, think!

Crystal Allen

Hidden Alliances

Ian may have had a hidden alliance with Katie that either is not shown to the viewers or was made up front and then hidden from the rest of the tribe. The lack of tribal council visits may somewhat put strategizing on the back burner with this group. They probably have not forgotten about it, but also have not had to use it. He may wise up to Tom's domination and engineer his ousting at the first chance.

Also, if they do merge, then a Koror minority group just needs to grab Steph and BJ and say "Hey, be with us....or else you two will just be picked off in succession."

Lastly, for all we know Steph could go on a Kelly W. like immunity run and wind up being safe for a couple of TC's.

FORT Fogey
    I think both Bobby and Steph would be more likely to go with Tom's group than Coby's. Especially Bobby what with his work ethic and his respect for Tom. I think Tom would take both of them in with open arms though as I am thinking back to his very early alliance with Steph on day 2 and his immunity vote for Bobby for that one TC. You know, I could definitely see Tom even saying to Steph and Bobby that he'd get them jury at least since they suffered so much and would boot at least Caryn or Janu before them (should include Katie as well but for some reason they like her). Plus, with the dissention in the ranks at Koror, I could see Steph actually sneaking to the F5. Who knows? Maybe Bobby could do the same thing; Burton did it with his 2nd chance on PI. (By that I mean that Burton was obviously a challenge threat but no one targetted him after his return till F5 because there was always someone else to get rid of.) Who knows, maybe there is hope for the last 2 Ulongs, provided they merge. If they don't well, I don't see how they'd win the IC, whatever it is since they can't win ICs.

FORT Newbie
    I think Steph is really great physically, but she seems to be rather arrogant at times. Even though she does not directly show it but you can see her during challenges. For example, during the challenge where there is a footlocker and fortress building, she was like saying how easy Koror's knots were. And also during the puzzle challenge, she seem to be making an already confused Bobbj even more confused. She was like directing him instead of the other way round, when she should listen to him 1st. Hm...just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by BJrox
    I think Steph is really great physically, but she seems to be rather arrogant at times. Even though she does not directly show it but you can see her during challenges. For example, during the challenge where there is a footlocker and fortress building, she was like saying how easy Koror's knots were. And also during the puzzle challenge, she seem to be making an already confused Bobbj even more confused. She was like directing him instead of the other way round, when she should listen to him 1st. Hm...just an observation.
    She was directing BJ out of necessity. He was clueless and had totally screwed things up. She was taking over because she knew they would lose for sure otherwise.

They (Steph included) made a huge mistake in not having her be the one directing from the beginning. She was the only one of that group with a brain.

Steph is a competitor. She wants to win and does everything she can for her team to win. Even though they end up losing all the time, it isn't her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    They (Steph included) made a huge mistake in not having her be the one directing from the beginning. She was the only one of that group with a brain.
    My wife theorizes that Steph basically let the boys do the leadin' because she's well aware of what her tribemates do to leader-types. By allowing Ib and BJ to go through the painful process of figuring out for themselves that Steph was the only one of the three with the intelligence to actually figure out the puzzle, she was protecting herself from being voted out (or, as my wife said, "she knows how to coddle the fragile male ego when necessary").

Of course, this assumes that Ulong was definitely going to lose the IC and head for Tribal Council, but is that really a poor assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by gaebolga
    My wife theorizes that Steph basically let the boys do the leadin' because she's well aware of what her tribemates do to leader-types. By allowing Ib and BJ to go through the painful process of figuring out for themselves that Steph was the only one of the three with the intelligence to actually figure out the puzzle, she was protecting herself from being voted out (or, as my wife said, "she knows how to coddle the fragile male ego when necessary").

Of course, this assumes that Ulong was definitely going to lose the IC and head for Tribal Council, but is that really a poor assumption?
    That could be, but it's hard for me to believe Steph would not play to win. They desperately needed a victory, and she's just not the type to accept losing.

That was a very winnable competition, and Ulong could have gone on a bit of a tear if they'd won that one. The three of them are very athletic and I thought the small numbers could have worked in their favor - Koror wouldn't be able to match them in physical competitions since they have to keep sitting different people out...but obviously it didn't work out that way.

I hope Steph makes it to the merge. Like others have said, I think she could make some alliances and go pretty far. But, if the Korors are smart, and they've been pretty smart so far, they will vote Steph out right away.

PS - I heard a guy on sports radio the other day call her the Ernie Banks of Survivor. For you non-sports fans, that means she's a great player stuck on a bad team.

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I'm hoping "you" is Tom... but how did Katie get in there? The others are all workers.... Ian, think!
    I'd strongly assume that since on the CBS promo, when Ian says 'YOU' it shows a shot of Tom. I could have sworn that when they showed a shot of Stephenie that I saw her wearing a brown buff as tube top, but I think I was just imagining things.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

+ Reply to Thread