+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jolanda

Well, Jeff said the Survivors would learn real quick that voting off the strong early would come back to haunt them. This seems to be the first step in that lesson.

I actually quite liked her. It is too bad she couldn't hold her bossiness in a little longer.

I like Jo alot...I think it was a mistake booting her so early. Stephanie had alot to do with her getting booted...I could of actually seen those two butting heads if it did not happen. Everyone on that tribe better watch Stephanie she looks like she befriend you and than stab you in the back.

FORT Fan
    It was 8 other people on that tribe. I don't think 1 person's "suggestion" of trying to take as much as they could caused them to lose the challenge. Steph wanted to just leave with nothing, and that is what Jolanda was against. How come someone else didn't grab the fire or step up and say, "Look all we need is fire, let's go".

Remember it took them a while to untie the cases and when they had to paddle they couldn't get it together. So that's at least two mistakes that the tribe messed up on as a whole. However, only 1 person takes the fall, for being to "bossy". Come on.

I think the quasi-leadership position was in place for Jolanda as soon as she won the immunity challenge. She was the "boss" as she picked her teammates and then just kept that role. She was rather vocal and loud; however, I think her team made a big mistake in booting her. She had a lot to offer in terms of mental and physical ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwatching2
    the tribe messed up on as a whole. However, only 1 person takes the fall, for being to "bossy". Come on.
    Her bossiness extended beyond the challenge. When they got back to camp, she TOLD them that for every two hours that they worked, they were going to rest for an hour. It's a nice idea, but don't you think it might have been better to say something like "hey, I think it would be a good idea that we take regular breaks while we're working so that we don't spend ourselves" instead of just barking it out like a command? It's all in the presentation. And I'm willing to bet that's how she presented all of her ideas ~ as commands, not suggestions.

All in all though, I would rather have seen her stay around & Angie get the boot. I think she is definitely a go-getter, esp after reading her bio. But like I said, it's all in the presentation.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fanatic
    I think Jo would have done quite well if she made it through the first tribal council. If you're going to claim leadership (make suggestions and decisions for the group) you have to make the right decision, if you make a mistake you become prey. How else do you make a decision for first tribal council?

The tribe may wish she was still around in future challenges. Note to remaining tribe members...be friendly, get involved, but don't make yourself to obvious.

Good luck JO

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Her bossiness extended beyond the challenge. When they got back to camp, she TOLD them that for every two hours that they worked, they were going to rest for an hour. It's a nice idea, but don't you think it might have been better to say something like "hey, I think it would be a good idea that we take regular breaks while we're working so that we don't spend ourselves" instead of just barking it out like a command? It's all in the presentation.
    The other lawyer woman, Caryn, "commanded" everyone to split up into groups and get started on something...nobody called her loud and bossy. The fire fighter guy, Tom, "commanded" how the shelter should be built...nobody called him loud and bossy.

She said everyone should work then rest, so "they could be physically and mentally ready to win". She was thinking of the tribe. To me she was being motherly/protective of her tribe not bossy.

FORT Regular
    I know she meant well but the suggestions really sounded more bossy then anyone else's.

Kao
    I don't know...maybe her tone? She's a lawyer, they're used to being agressive which works well in that arena but might not work so well in the first few days. I personally think the whole snafu with the IC really worked against her because the minute I saw her arguing with that other girl about taking as much as possible VS just taking what they had and leaving I thought to myself "Oh man...she's going to go soon." Angie was in a position where she was the last person to be picked and knew there was a big painted target on her back purely because of how she looked, and she didn't do any better or worse than anyone else. Remember how Jo looked at Angie when she was picked? She was going to try and target that girl regardless. At least the other people had a reason to target Jo (their thoughts that Jo had lost them the IC. Actually it was that combined with piss-poor rowing skills that did that, but I digress) Jo purely picked Angie as a target because she was "different" and that's just not cool with me.

With all that said, I think the tribe stabbed themselves in the foot over this and it WILL come back to bite them in the ass. I really liked Jo...*sigh*

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwatching2
    The other lawyer woman, Caryn, "commanded" everyone to split up into groups and get started on something...nobody called her loud and bossy. The fire fighter guy, Tom, "commanded" how the shelter should be built...nobody called him loud and bossy.

She said everyone should work then rest, so "they could be physically and mentally ready to win". She was thinking of the tribe. To me she was being motherly/protective of her tribe not bossy.
    We don't know that no one commented on Caryn and Tom being bossy. Their tribe didn't lose the challenge, so that was not relevant in last night's episode. Also, in Tom's case, it seemed that everyone was asking for his opinion. What we saw last night made it seem that almost every communication Jolanda had with her tribe was a command, not a suggestion. All I am really saying is that I don't believe the fact that Jolanda is an African-American woman had anything to do with her being voted off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast