+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: James

Kao
    Hey, I totally have respect for someone who went back to school to get their degree after working for a while, and his accent (whether exagerrated or real) didn't bother me. i also like the ears, LOL. Less cookie cutter pretty boy. Plus he makes me laugh every time he opens his mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    Hey, I totally have respect for someone who went back to school to get their degree after working for a while
    People do it all the time. I'm doing it right now. It's not easy, but it's not anything especially noteworthy.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I don't like this guy or his fake drawwwwl.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Crystal Allen

Same as Probst

I had that same thought that he was overdoing the rednecky thing. I've encountered numerous Southerners who have the idea that anyone from north of the Mason Dixon line thinks all southerners are idiots. [We don't think that, just so you know.]

Some tend to get defensive, but this guy smacks of "i can put one over on these dumb Yanks because they think I'm dumb but i'm not." These types can also be similarly prejudiced about northerners. I once had a job in the south and worked for a guy like this once; and he remarked to me [thinking this was a compliment] "Lots of people have said how polite you are." As if somebody from NYC was de facto a rude jerk that lacked basic manners.

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    People do it all the time. I'm doing it right now. It's not easy, but it's not anything especially noteworthy.
    What are you talking about? People may do it a lot, but compared to the people who never bother/think that further education is a waste of time/want to go back but don't for whatever reason it's a small amount. It IS noteworthy.
    And congrats to you...I've been there! *hugs*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Well, James didn't bother me as bad as I thought he would, but playing the role of the dumb redneck is going to get old, and I think everyone will see through it. Being on a tribe with mostly young hard bodies, I wonder what his chances are of lasting long.

This guy is a riot! I'm loving him for the entertainment value alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    I once had a job in the south and worked for a guy like this once; and he remarked to me [thinking this was a compliment] "Lots of people have said how polite you are." As if somebody from NYC was de facto a rude jerk that lacked basic manners.
    That's what I love about New Yorkers ~ they are direct, NOT rude! I hate when people mistake being direct as rudeness.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

He did get painted as the Village Idiot this episode, even if he didnt deserve it.

From "Making fire is a Losers game"... next scene James is there trying and failing at making fire. (With 3 other people, but they dont get the finger pointed at them)
    To be asked at tribal council why they made bad decisions in the challenge, as if he as personally responsible.

They're playing up the Big Tom angle.

FORT Regular
    In the challenges he will be very handy. Not many people would have taken such a bold leap on the obstacle course.

Seems like an active player strategy wise but is a little too straightforward in telling people who he (and his allies) will vote.

Nice to see guys who aren't pretty boys for a change. He is still quite handsom if it wasn't for that nose and those eyes are very beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread