+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    So any inside scoop about him psucashcow?
    Not anything earth shattering that i know. If he was some complete loser, my daughter would have commented as such. But, I'll ask if there was anything else about Ian that she can remember.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Regular
    I came in midway through the rebroadcast Saturday night and I swear to God I watched the last 2/3 of the selection of teams and was suddenly like "HEY did they just call that tall, middle aged, androgynous woman IAN?"

PSU and Undergraduate Student Government

Long-time lerker. Only my second post so be gentle.

I actually knew Ian as well. I worked CCSG(Council of Commonwealth of Student Governments) and had a little interaction with USG at the main campus. Ian was one of the few "leaders" who really seemed to care about the students. I am a member of a business fraternity and Ian and his running mate were the only candidates to visit our meeting to discuss which issues were important to us and what they could do to make campus life better for us. Penn State takes a lot of flack for racial issues and their are protests every year. It was nice to see Ian and his African American running mate, Takkeem Morgan, put race aside and work well together as a team. I don't usually watch Survivor but I will whole-heartedly watch this year and cheer on Ian all the way.
    For anyone familiar with Penn State, Ian was up at THON this past weekend as a "celebrity" and talked to the dancers and staff about his experience. (Side note: Karamo's first boyfriend on the show: the guy from the gym, also went to Penn State and was at THON). Ian was really positive and upbeat; he even got his name in the line dance. Just thought I would spread the word for loyal FORTERS.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 02-24-2005 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Possible spoiler

He's definitely one of my favorites so far. I'm worried that Ian is going to exhaust himself though. He worked really, really hard to retrieve that trunk and in the immunity challenge. He's 6' 8" so it's going to be pretty hard to get enough to eat to sustain his energy.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Ian is 6 feet 8!??! He is that tall...wow. Well Ian is one of my favorites. Definitely prove his stereotype of skinny wrong. I hope he makes it far!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I like Ian, but there's something about him that I don't. And I'm not sure what it is. Anyway, I think he'll do fine and is in no danger of being voted off, unless he costs his team a challenge (which I don't think will happen). He doesn't seem like the type to get on the wrong side of anyone. I was surprised that he was on the only one who made any attempt to get the fire from the bottom.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    I like Ian. He is a hard worker, great at challenges, got the flint from the water. I hope he Tom and Janu do well
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

I'm an Ian fan as well. It's weird though- the pictures of him on the website aren't flattering at all- he has this funky troll-doll thing going on that he doesn't seem to have at all on the show. Probably one of the few survivors to look better on the island than on the website pics.

I think he could do really well- he's an AWESOME swimmer, and that's gonna be crucial this season, but he may not necessarily strike his tribemates as a physical threat since he's fairly thin.

So yeah- go Ian!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I know some people (including myself) had either Mitchell or Skinny Ryan vibes coming from him, but he's about as far away from those two as he can get- both physically in the challenges, and he's less annoying.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, I thought he'd be like Mitchell or Skinny Ryan. It's very cool that he's not. I might add him to the favs list soon as long as he doesn't go against Tom Right now those 2 seem pretty tight.

+ Reply to Thread