+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Coby

He's become "Commentary Central".
    Want an opinion? Ask Coby.
    More confessionals than anyone by far on Koror.

Yeah, but I love his confessionals.

I'd feel more sympathy for him if he didn't ostracize his fellow outcast, Angie, back when they were picking tribes.

I like Coby, though. I share his attitude about the lazy 3 women on Koror.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I share his attitude about the lazy 3 women on Koror.
    Ain't that the truth!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Last night..I was like.."Oh, it IS hard in h.s...I feel bad".. then my gf said, "when is he going to grow OUT OF IT??"

Now I agree w/her and you.. let it go Coby. Let it go.
    In all fairness, we don't know the extent of the harassment he went through, but it would have to be pretty deep for him to drop out.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I like Coby, though. I share his attitude about the lazy 3 women on Koror.
    there are 4

if you count Coby

he has left a permanent butt-print in that hammock

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    In all fairness, we don't know the extent of the harassment he went through, but it would have to be pretty deep for him to drop out.
    It can be pretty terrible for out gay kids, or even for those people just think are gay. And not uncommonly physical as well as psychological.
    N.B., He isn't the only one still sensitive about high school--remember Rupert? And there have been plenty who act like they're still in high school and the "popular" ones.... remember the bathing club of the "skinny pretty girls"?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    It can be pretty terrible for out gay kids, or even for those people just think are gay. And not uncommonly physical as well as psychological.
    I definately think Coby is harboring generalized resentment, but I also think it's probably based on real experiences. He's probably experiencing bizarre emotional flashbacks to other times when he was the odd-man out. I just read this on CNN today:

"According to GLSEN, 84 percent of gay and lesbian high school students experiences verbal harassment on a regular basis at school, and 40 percent experience physical harassment." http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/04....ap/index.html

If he was harrassed enough to leave school and still has such vehement emotional reactions to perceived exclusionary actions on the part of others, he most likely needs counseling to help him get over it. Too bad he and Rupert weren't on the same season; I have a feeling they could commiserate and help each other push through the shadows of their individual pasts.

If he plays his game from this place of pain, he'll loose.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kerry
    I definately think Coby is harboring generalized resentment, but I also think it's probably based on real experiences. He's probably experiencing bizarre emotional flashbacks to other times when he was the odd-man out. I just read this on CNN today:

"According to GLSEN, 84 percent of gay and lesbian high school students experiences verbal harassment on a regular basis at school, and 40 percent experience physical harassment." http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/04....ap/index.html

If he was harrassed enough to leave school and still has such vehement emotional reactions to perceived exclusionary actions on the part of others, he most likely needs counseling to help him get over it. Too bad he and Rupert weren't on the same season; I have a feeling they could commiserate and help each other push through the shadows of their individual pasts.

If he plays his game from this place of pain, he'll loose.
    It would be interesting/good/ and maybe even helpful to them (in the making lemonade out of lemons way) if the two of them teamed up to add support to the current anti-bullying movement that the school shootings seem to have inspired.... Give a more set of more appealing faces to the victims of bullying.

FORT Fanatic
    You've got to keep your game face on. If you're going to have a public pout about something it better be for strategic reasons. The "Lads" playing the game are not going to care if he feels his HS scars. This is not Dr. Phil...the others will only use weakness as an excuse to vote him off. This is not the place of healing, it's a chance to win a $1 Million.

If he wants to be involved in something, step up. He's done well on many of the challenges but who hasn't in this tribe. Feeling entitled isn't going to get anyone anywhere. This game is about superior communication skills...

His whining and bitchiness is great tv but it's usually the kiss of death on Survivor.

I think that so far, he has managed to contain his whining and bitchiness to his confessionals. He'd be smart to keep it that way, but from last week's preview it seems that he finally breaks down this week.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread