+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Coby

Snoozin' on the beach
    I hate to give the stinkweed credit for being a threat but I think that's exactly what he was to at least a few players.

Tom had to be really nervous that Steph might have told Coby of his F4 plans with her. He doesn't know if he can trust her or not at this point. If she told Coby and Coby tells Gregg and Jenn that Tom has no intention of taking them beyond F6 and F5, he can easily turn the tables on him and get them on his side to boot Tom and Ian first ( ala John/Zoe alliance- Marquesas).

Gregg had to be worried also that Coby would share his secret that he and Jenn are ready and willing to turn on Tom alliance. If Tom found out, Gregg and Jen would be the next to go.

Steph was thrown a lifeline with Coby as the target and she took it. Her only motive was at least it wasn't her on the block.

Katie didn't like Coby at all, I don't think she was worried he would say anything, she just thought he was a PIA.

Caryn surprised me with her vote. I was under the impression they were friends and had an outsiders alliance but she probably got sick of his whining.

Jenn thought he was a combination of threat and annoyance.

Knowledge is power and Coby knew some secrets or was perceived to know. Coupled with shooting his mouth off openly AND being whiny and annoying, that would make anyone nervous enough to get rid of him before he gets rid of you. He was a threat, certainly not as much of one as he seemed to think he was though.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    I'll give Coby points for physical ability. Yep.
    Well, that's two of us then!
    I do agree with Shady64 tho, that people must have been very worried about what Coby had spilled to Steph...and with good reason. I hadn't thought about people worrying about what she might have told him. I guess because the way the show was edited it seemed that her talk with Coby preceded her talk with Tom. But who knows if that is accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg
    I think he got tired and hungry, and lost his plan. I think he realized that it took giving up your principles to win the game, and he wasn't ready to do that. He saw others change when the game changed to one tribe, and knew there would be a lot of nasty gameplaying from now on. When things got nasty at the playground when he was young, he left. He was consistent ... he didn't like the way the game was going, so he left.

I think Coby realized the lying, cheating and backstabbing that was about to go on and asked himself." is this who I am?" and found the answer was no.
    Interesting, but I didn't see that Coby removed himself from the "lying, cheating, and backstabbing" at all. After all, look at what he did to Jenn... supposedly was in an alliance with her but then told Stephenie that Jenn wanted to get her off of the island quickly because she's a threat.

That's exactly what I would call backstabbing. I could understand him doing it to Katie, but it's pretty incomprehensible that you'd backstab your own alliance member.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg
    I think he got tired and hungry, and lost his plan. I think he realized that it took giving up your principles to win the game, and he wasn't ready to do that. He saw others change when the game changed to one tribe, and knew there would be a lot of nasty gameplaying from now on. When things got nasty at the playground when he was young, he left. He was consistent ... he didn't like the way the game was going, so he left.
    That's pretty much the exact opposite of the way I see it. Coby went on the show looking forward to the nasty game playing but got frustrated when Koror kept winning the immunity challenges and he never got to do any. He just got frustrated and after 22 days he lost it and reverted to his normal "Queen Bitch" personality.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Not to mention his supposed "friendship/alliance" with Angie, Broadway.
    He said he was so happy to have Angie there.. or whatever he said.. only to have him turn his back on her the very second he could have proved that he meant everything he said.
    That was, and still is the biggest BACKSTAB of this season (so far).
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Not to mention his supposed "friendship/alliance" with Angie, Broadway.
    He said he was so happy to have Angie there.. or whatever he said.. only to have him turn his back on her the very second he could have proved that he meant everything he said.
    That was, and still is the biggest BACKSTAB of this season (so far).
    Angie?! How did Coby backstab Angie when they were on different teams?!?! I don't get it!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    Angie?! How did Coby backstab Angie when they were on different teams?!?! I don't get it!!!
    I can't remember what was exactly said, verbatim (hopefully someone else can).. but he and Angie were walking in the forest and they were talking about "being happy that they have each other there".. something about not being the ONLY one that's the outcast cuz he's gay and she's a tattoo'd freak..blah blah blah..

Then, when it came down to the "pick the next person to be on your tribe", Angie was standing there when Coby picked someone else to be on their tribe.
    It was actually shocking for her I bet... cuz, with the lil talk those two shared..you'd think that they were going to be really tight. But, Coby dropped her like a hot potato.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    By not picking her in the school yard pick'em contest on the first show.

Which I think was actually a smart move. They were both obviously "outsiders" and if they were on different teams have a good chance of avoiding being picked off as long as they can make sure there is someone more deserving to vote for. If they were both on one team there would be a bigger chance of at least one of them being voted off prior to the merge. Of course Ulong losing every immunity challenge screwed that up but it would have screwed up pretty much any strategy.

Could it have worse for Ulong?

If Coby had picked Angie, Koror would have had a stronger player than Caryn ( the player Coby chose), and then Angie would have chosen Jonathan (rather than Willard).

Ulong would have been left to choose between Wanda and Caryn - but then Jolanda may have lasted longer.

I think Stephenie had at least as much of an alliance with Angie, and turning on Angie was as much of a backstab as Coby not chosing her for the Koror tribe.

There have been some points made about my last post, and some of those posts were credible and I can't disagree with the comments. Coby did plan to be deceptful and to turn on tribemates - not a nice guy. But then, have you ever planned to do something nasty to someone and when the moment came you couldn't do it because it's not in you to be that nasty?

One thing I have found reading many posts is that many people see in the contestant their own personality. I expect you to be a certain way because thats the way I see things, I don't see you for who you really are, I see you for who I want you to be.

Coby is Coby, I have no idea who he is outside the game, and the way the show is edited, I really don't know who he is inside the game. So when I post, I am not just saying what I think of the castaways, I am expressing something about who I am.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

[B]qut. by Danger Bunny "That's pretty much the exact opposite of the way I see it. Coby went on the show looking forward to the nasty game playing but got frustrated when Koror kept winning the immunity challenges and he never got to do any."
    I agree with you Danger Bunny. Coby self destructed because he couldn't fake being nice. Not choosing Angie helped him slide into the self-confident persona he wanted the other members to see. He couldn't keep the deception up. He really is not a good team player and couldn't hold onto the small alliance aspect of the game. By calling Step out he showed he couldn't put his alliance's needs before his own. He deserved to go home; the moment his game started to get nasty, he did.
    Shhhh... :nono We're painting the roses red...

+ Reply to Thread