+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Caryn

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhippie
    Caryn's skills are now coming to the surface, she has been almost as useless as Katie at everything else, but she's playing a subtler game and is making herself indispensible to Tom and Ian. I, for one hope she goes final three with Ian and Tom.
    Me too, but I'd be happier with an Ian & Caryn final two, with Ian winning. Tom was clueless until Ian enlightened him about what was really going on.

FORT Regular
    Don't get me wrong, she actually played the hand dealt to her very well.

For her to act as if she was a victim, sad, quiet, was a natural for her. She makes a living for others for helping them do just that.

But it worked, she convinced the other side they didn't have to do anything else and that allowed Ian to take a risk and bring in the tie breaking vote.

As to Tom being clueless, well hello.....not many people ask you into a discusssion where the subject of you being betrayed by them is on the agenda.

Ian knew of the plans against Tom, because others had approached him. That's why he had the information.
    Last edited by Miss Filangi; 05-06-2005 at 11:47 AM. Reason: keep politics in CE

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TiminPhoenix
    Don't get me wrong, she actually played the hand dealt to her very well.

For her to act as if she was a victim, sad, quiet, was a natural for her. She makes a living for others for helping them do just that.

i.
    The difference being of course that Caryn was just pretending while the people she helps for the most part really are victims.
    OK, don't want to start a politics fight, but really not necessary for you to bring in a gratuitous snide comment like that. This is supposed to be about the show, not our outside differences.
    That aside, congrats to Caryn---with all her spats with Katie etc. it hadn't seemed like she was very good at stifling her feelings.

Caryn, regardless of her political views, is a pretty good actress. She doesn't seem to be particularly skilled at long-term strategic planning (unless one chooses to believe that she "planned it all along," but I'd be surprised if anyone could support that position with actual evidence), but she's obvioulsy not a total idiot becasue she has apparently capitalized on her good fortune quite effectively. I suspect that Jenn and Katie will try to resurrect the "female alliance" next week, but unless Caryn has a moment of insanity (which is certainly possible, from what we've seen so far) she'd probably be better off with the guys. She's been near the bottom of the barrel in all the physical competitions, so unless that was another case of great acting, if she makes it to 3, she'll need to latch on rhemora-like to the underbelly of someone stronger. If they're not complete idiots (or complete idealists, which is a compliment in my book), either of the guys should take her to the final 2 and most likely win (barring the effects of Caryn's potentially courtroom-honed rhetorical skill, if any). The women, not so much.
    Last edited by Lucy; 05-06-2005 at 11:24 AM. Reason: remove reference to other member

When did being a civil rights lawyer make you a victim? Frankly, I admire people who use their education and time to attempt to make the world a fairer place, but then again I'm a Canadian so you probably think I'm a Bolshevik. Anyway, Caryn's best bet is to make an alliance with the girls, not with Tom and Ian. There is no way she'd win a jury vote against either of the men, but her chances with Katie could be very close, and she also has a better chance of winning immunity with the remaining woman. I hope she's gutsy enough to see that next week.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Well, Caryn.. she's lucky to still be there.

What I don't get is.. why her hair never grows!? It's always that short, brillo-ey looking, thick hairdo.

Strange, but it bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    What I don't get is.. why her hair never grows!? It's always that short, brillo-ey looking, thick hairdo.

Strange, but it bugs me.
    It's part of her strategy.

I think it's nappy and therefore doesn't appear to grow very quickly if at all.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea..I bet it IS her plan funnygirl!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Caryn is really giving me bad memories of Vesepia. She has done nothing of value, complained and whined, never won a thing, and flown under the radar. If she somehow can get herself into the final two with Katie, she would win, for the same reason Vesepia won - the least hated.
    What I am really wondering now is how loyal she will be to Tom. If all of the women could actually stop being catty and start using their brains, they would figure out that any of them would have a much better chance against each other than against Tom or Ian.
    Of course I hope they don't do the smart thing because I want Ian or Tom to win!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Well, she did do one good thing--she helped get rid of Gregg!
    And, to be fair, it's my impression she did work at camp as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast