+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Jon

Oh Lord... there would be no way Bobby Jon could take over hosting duties. No one would be able to understand him.

I am so NOT a Bobby Jon fan. That there might be the death of my Survivor viewing... or at the very least relegate Survivor to TiVo status so I could fast forward over all of his parts.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

As much as I love BJ....I just can't see him as the new host of Survivor.

somehow, it just doesn't work in my mind.
    The stars at night...are big and bright

I love Bobby Jon, but he wouldn't work as a host. Maybe a guest host occasionally, but he wouldn't be able to get out of the contestants what Jeff.

As much as I LUST for Bobby Jon - I know that he is not the most shrewd player and I don't think he would be able to command the presence over the survivors that Jeff does. Jeff is intimidating, yet neutral, probing (lol), but knows how far to take it....

Bobby Jon might do well as a member of the construction team that builds the challenges....there he would definitely hold his own.

I agree with all of you. He just doesn't have the speaking skills needed to be a m.c. on a huge show.

He had a hard time in confessionals. I love him to death but not as a host on my fav t.v. show......try doing some bvd ads B.J. Now that would be great.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    I can still see it, he's a Southern charmer...why should he have to fit a pre-existing ideal of what a game show host should be? Besides, we have an Aussie croc guy (Steve?), a typical L.A. dude (Rogan), and English blow-hard (Cowel), a super-suave, ultra-cool cutie-pie (Probst)...why not an adorable Southern charmer?

Episode eight, that sad episode where we were forced to say goodbye to Brandon...Bobby Jon and Brandon were crushing corn, and Brandon said he was getting better at the crushing than Bobby. Bobby Jon paused, looked at Brandon and said, "is that a challenge?"...perfect line, perfect timing, perfect delivery, perfect tonal inflections (speaking with a Southern drawl), and perfect smile. I LOVED that scene, I loved seeing that side of Bobby. Looking at it now, IMO, it spells potential with a capital "P". He's spontaneous and clever on top of everything else he's got going for him.

I don't see why, amoung the variety of game show hosts out there, there wouldn't be a place for a fine Southern gentleman like Bobby Jon.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

I mean we all know the survivors so well and have pretty well estabilished opinion of them. Would they be better of having some unknown or non-survivor alumni host. I vote that it be a FORTer!

Ohhhh I think it HAS to be a Survivor addict.

And Lopevian after reading your post.............I can see your point. I also loved that particular shot of Bobby John. And man when he smiles I melt.

So we agree it has to be someone HOT like Bobby J or Colby or Blake or........
    I could go on and on. Let me pick please!!!!!
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    we agree it has to be someone HOT like Bobby J or Colby or Blake or........
    I could go on and on. Let me pick please!!!!!
    It's a safe bet to say we agree! If a new host were male, HOT would be nice. And if a new host were female, then ofcourse she'd be hot, because TV wouldn't have it any other way.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Even though I was kinda disappointed to see Burnett bring back Stephenie & BJ this season in a sort of mini-allstars Survivor, I'm actually glad BJ was back. I just like his presence. His vibe was the same this season as last- just a charming, kind, generous man who works hard.

While Steph is out for blood this time around, Bobby Jon is still loving the experience above all. I think that's why he's finally passed Steph in the "favorite" polls at CBS.com.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread