+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Jon

In matter of fact, I would love for BJ to deck Jamie so hard that Jamie will be eating through a straw throughout the rest of his years.
    Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian

I hope Bobby Jon can control his urge to crash a pot over Jamie's head. If he can't, he'll be the first survivor ever to have played the game twice, and never got a torch snuffing.
    Lopevian why did Bobby J. not get his torch snuffed the first time? Didn't he go out the way others before him have? I don't remember.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    ScarletteO, you're right! BJ had his torch snuffed that first time around...Jeff said "tonight, the tribe definately did not speak", but he got a torch snuffing just the same.

It was cable101's latest avatar that reminded me of that fact!

I forgot about that. ooops!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Wasn't that when he lost his final immunity with Steph when he was trying to make a fire first?

I am taping all the past Survivors on OLN and I have not gotten to that one yet and in my head all the seasons run into each other after watching 11 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    Wasn't that when he lost his final immunity with Steph when he was trying to make a fire first?
    This was indeed the case, which puts him in the rare position of being eliminated with no votes against his name. I never understood why there wasn't much attention drawn to his unfair departure; Paschal's purple rock boot certainly earned much sympathy for him. Bobby Jon's "boot" was even less fair, and yet it went unquestioned. At least this time around I can know he got voted out fair and square, and his fate didn't come down to losing a fire-making challenge against Stephenie.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    This was indeed the case, which puts him in the rare position of being eliminated with no votes against his name. I never understood why there wasn't much attention drawn to his unfair departure; Paschal's purple rock boot certainly earned much sympathy for him. Bobby Jon's "boot" was even less fair, and yet it went unquestioned. At least this time around I can know he got voted out fair and square, and his fate didn't come down to losing a fire-making challenge against Stephenie.
    It was a contest. He lost. What's unfair about that?

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    It was a contest. He lost. What's unfair about that?
    I admit, I saw this coming; it's pops up every time the word "fair" is tossed around. I'm going to cut this debate short and simply say that it was not "fair." But really, Survivor isn't "fair," and I have no problem with that. I feel that Bobby Jon's departure was one of the less fair boots in the game, but I can understand that a game is not meant to be fair (especially one like Survivor). I take the stance that every boot has been deserved, and players that lost mainly due to a twist deserved to lose due to that twist. That doesn't change the fact that Bobby Jon leaving the game based solely on his fire-making skills is not very ejoyable to see, and quite an unfair turn of events.

In short, BJ's departure = not fair.
    Survivor = not fair.
    And that's all there is to it.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    this guy is a hillbilly chucklehead and a detriment to southern society

eww...i want bobby john to go...bye bye...get a ticket to loserville....hehe

Cable 101 I know you are not happy with the way the final IC was set up when Steph beat Bobby John making fire. But ...there had to be some sort of IC and no matter what it was someone would be unhappy if Steph won or if Bobby John won.

It just happened to be a fire challenge. And.....Bobby John was making fire the whole time for his tribe so he should have been good at it. I couldn't believe he lost it.....must have been nerves.

+ Reply to Thread