+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Jon

Both BJ and Ib are just dumb.
    If they had any brains, they would have both said "Yes, yes, we're with you 100%" to Steph, then quietly reminded each other of their loyality to each other.

Never ever ever say "Well, I dunno who I'm voting for". Everyone knows that's code for "I'm voting for you, but I dont want a confontation."
    That's a sure way to get voted against.

It's probably not that easy. I think they've all gone through so much together and they all have bonds. Starting with Angie, it was obvious that the final 5 of Ulong were very close and didn't want to see anyone leave.

BJ & Ibe might be close, but they each had their own friendship with Stephanie. It's possible that paranoia also entered each of their minds, wanting to make sure that the other two weren't aligning against them.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Newbie
    I won't go so far as to say that both Ib and Bobby is dumb. BJ said that the both of them had a quiet trust as in they are both from Alabama but that's about it. I agree with Filangi that they might be havin paranoia or something. I don't blame BJ for voting off Ib, even though I really wished that Ib is still in the game.

This dude may be physically strong, and an all round good guy, but he had better learn to make a decision, and learn it quick. That wishy washiness will bite that boy in the ass in a hurry before very much longer if he doesn't get it figured out. He and Stephanie both have the same problem, in that they seem unable to make up their minds about some important stuff. Remember when Jeff told Ulong to "pick a leader" and they never did? That kind of stuff makes you look stupid and not trustworty even if the reverse is true. Bobby jopn and Steph bettewr figure it out if they expect to have even the smallest chance of hanging out after a merge, which has got to be coming soon, unless they lose immunity next week and have some kind of competetion instead of TC. (Just speculating, folks! That's the only way I can see to avoid a merge if they lose another challenge.)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey
    Whaddayamean BJ is dumb to not have kept Ib? If Ulost is going to keep losing, at least keep around Steph to have a nice butt to look at.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, maybe in some twisted sort of way he'd rather keep Steph around cuz she's better to look at.

Honestly though, I figured he kept her around because she wanted to be there more than Ib did. Ib didn't neccessarily wanna go, but I think he was a lot more mellow about it while Steph had the attitude of "Vote me off and die" plus she'd done a lot more to help out the tribe in the challenges than Ib had. I think he had more respect for her. To top it off, he told her, gave her his word, that they'd vote off Ib next. He had more of an understanding with Ib; it's doubtful he ever actually said to him,"We get rid of Steph and make you and me the last 2 Ulongs left," so he felt he had to keep Steph to stick to his alliance/word that he gave.

Well, maybe dumb was too harsh a word (though, I dont think he's Mensa material by any means). The Puzzle challenge didn't exactly show off his intellect.
    But Steph was a Player in that episode. She fought for her survival, while BJ and Ib just let things go where they will.

FORT Newbie
    do you guys think that Bobby Jon will be out in the next episode? And can someone fill me in on the fire-starting challenge thing. How come everyone seems sure that it will be a fire-starting challenge and how come it seems like everyone thinks that Bobby Jon will lose? My gut tells me he will be gone, even though I really don't want him to. But is there any chance that Steph will lose the fire challenge ( if it is one). Even the title seems curious....I am pretty sure it is referring to BJ but is it a bad sign or a good one? hmm..

I'd keep him around for "companionship"
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    Well, maybe dumb was too harsh a word (though, I dont think he's Mensa material by any means). The Puzzle challenge didn't exactly show off his intellect.
    But Steph was a Player in that episode. She fought for her survival, while BJ and Ib just let things go where they will.
    Well, the way I see it, the sleep deprivation and lack of nutrition is causing him to lose some of his mental abilities. I think in day to day life he's probably very smart. He's got something a lot of people don't have: self awareness which he has not lost yet. I guess I view it as going through college and not getting much sleep. By the end of the week I'm really out of it and have a hard doing much mentally. Don't ask me to take tests; I'll struggle. And really don't ask me to do puzzles like the one they did for the IC.

I've noticed that Bobby's grammar seems to be getting worse, too. He started out speaking in proper grammar but now he says a lot more improper English. I think that is another sign that he can't think straight anymore.

Another thing that hurt Bobby was maybe he had an idea for what he wanted to do for the IC. Maybe it would've worked. But Steph wouldn't shut up, because she had her own idea. That confused him and threw him way off and there was no way he could fix that. I also give him huge credit for realizing it just wasn't working to ask Steph to take over. How many other people would've done that?

3 more days till the jury. One more episode. Come on, tell me he can make it. 10th place would just be so awful I need my eye candy on the jury + he'd get to do jury questioning in the last episode and probably get more airtime during the reunion show.

+ Reply to Thread