+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Angie

Angie and I share many favorites. Hoegaarden beer with lemon is so good. I think I have a few of those in my fridge. She doesn't actually seem that freaky to me but I live in San Fran and everyone looks like that over here. I hope she can step up and play strong. She is definitley going to have to prove herself more than the blonde zombie types. She has underdog written all over....hee.
    If nothing else, there's applause.....like waves of love pouring over the footlights. - All about Eve

God, what a whiner she turned out to be.
    You got picked last, deal with it.
    What did she expect?
    She's done plenty to make herself look different so she can't really complain when people treat her differently.

After so many seasons of the game people should know that anyone who will try to get you on side as quickly as Coby did is also just as likely to stab you in the back as quickly.

Crystal Allen

Is she a rebel outcast type?

I thought two things about Angie. If you really are an outcast/weirdo type, then you should know better than to go on a show that is about personal relationships and interpersonal skills. If you've been the loser your whole life, then why would you think you'll come on Survivor and be able to outscheme and outplot 17 strangers when you probably weren't even asked to your high school prom?

Secondly, i've known people like this who didn't start out 'weird', they were just maybe a bit shy or awkward, or maybe good at things that others didn't value [like chess versus football] and so they sort of decided to go overboard in being weird. Like "Ok, you think I'm so bad, you're right, I'm a weirdo..i'm so weird i'm going to tatoo my boobs, not shave my armpits and dress funny. In your face I'm an outcast."

She actually hasn't done anything incredibly odd or weirdo-like so far. Everything is based on her appearance and choice of tattos and piercings. (Ugh, I hate those ear-stretcher things, yuck! ) As far as her personal skills, she seems fairly pleasant and associated well with the other contestants. But like it or not, a lot of this show is about first impressions, and when someone doesn't know you, they may be quick to assume things because of your outward appearance. So if you cover yourself with tattos and poke holes all over your body, "mainstream"-type people will look at you as different and an outcast - initially, at least.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

She needs to downplay the freaky deaky. No need to highlite everything that sets you apart from the rest. I'm a bit freaky myself but I can get along with the rest of society just fine. Don't be paranoid Angie.
    If nothing else, there's applause.....like waves of love pouring over the footlights. - All about Eve

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    You can have a shrunken head, peg-leg and one eye.. IMO, what makes people want you to stick around is your personality and skills. If I sat there and erased the big ole holes in her ears and the tattoos and all I'm seeing is an unadulterated person ..I don't see her doing much in regards to the "game".

Stop the whining and start something. Whether it be wood, fish, coconuts or FRIENDS.. do something besides whine about being the outcast & picked last.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Word to that, Maveno.

She seems nice, and like a good person; that armpit hair didn't do it for me however.
    Kami and Karli from AR3

"We need to fly to Kenya Africa"

Go Chip and Kim!!

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Kao.. what season is this? I mean..think about it. If YOU were going on Survivor, went through all the testing (physical/mental), got your VISA all ok'd, informed family members, friends and co-workers that you're doing the show.. maybe even quitting work.
    You're on a boat thats aimed toward islands..or better yet, you're sitting there waiting to board the boat to start your "adventure".. wouldn't you put it all together at some point and realize that the clothes you have on are going to represent you for 39ish days?
    In the other seasons they had more clothes to change into. If I were selected for Survivor and was told that the group was getting together for a photo op and to dress casual. I don't think they were told that they were going directly to the ship after the shoot with no time to run home and get clothes because otherwise I doubt if girfriend would have been out there in her thong, LOL. I probably would be caugt out in some strange gear too if they decided to go directly to the island from the photo shoot! But not anymore...I would wear 3 fo everything for that well layered look!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I wouldn't get all dressed up for the photo shoot even.. there's plenty of time after winning the million bucks to dress to the nines.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread