+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Angie

I love it. Angie has tattooes all over her body and piercings, yet people are freaking out over her having armpit hair. If her vagina was pierced and had chains hanging from it people would be less upset

Europeans don't get this upset with body hair.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=holly71]My nickname for her is "freakshow" I'm not anti-tattoo or anti-piercing, but she's went a bit crazy with it, IMO. Ugh, & she's got those spacers in her ears. WHY would anyone want to stretch their earlobes out & make them huge?

Why would anybody comdemn something they don't understand? So basically, if she would have stuck with getting a pretty little navel piercing and a butterfly tattoo on her lower back, you could have accepted her?

I am personally glad that there is some diversity on the show, and am hoping that it will show some closed-minded people that there are many types of beauty. Go Angie.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Originally Posted by karalott
    Angie at least hasn't had any wardrobe malfunctions of her own yet.
    Her whole underwear/bra outfit IS a wardrobe malfunction.
    I really don't like seeing anyone running around naked, near naked, etc.. overweight, tattoo'd, skinny, muscular, whatever.. sometimes it's just "eww" to see. Richard was the EXTREME "Ewwwww"! Angie falls into the eww-factor for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    Yes she has, I can post screen caps of them if you'd like.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    At least Angie was wise enough to wear some underwear, which is more than I can say for some of the other women...who the hell picks a thong to wear to wear for 39 days straight?
    That's what I was thinking too, at least after I got through wondering why none of the contestants did what I would have done; I don't care if I was specifically instructed to wear an evening gown on the trip out to the island, I'd still wear a swimsuit under it, and a t shirt and shorts too if I could get away with it! Just in case they did what they have done for the last several Survivors, and convinced the players to get all dressed up only to kick them off the boat fully dressed, and not allow them the clothes they have packed away.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Her whole underwear/bra outfit IS a wardrobe malfunction.
    I really don't like seeing anyone running around naked, near naked, etc.. overweight, tattoo'd, skinny, muscular, whatever.. sometimes it's just "eww" to see. Richard was the EXTREME "Ewwwww"! Angie falls into the eww-factor for me anyway.
    I was referring more to Kim nearly losing her skirt in the first challenge. I'll cut Angie a bit of a break, since the producers told the contestants what to wear out there- but I really wish they had chosen something else for her.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    I'll cut Angie a bit of a break, since the producers told the contestants what to wear out there- but I really wish they had chosen something else for her.
    The producers made her wear a goofy pink bra? Do we have anyone's word for this, other than the bitter and delusional Wanda?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    The producers made her wear a goofy pink bra? Do we have anyone's word for this, other than the bitter and delusional Wanda?
    If it was one or two people I'd write it off to foolishness on their part. The shear number of poor wardrobe choices clearly points to producer manipulation.

The contestants aren't completely blameless, from what I got from Wanda's comments (and I think Ashlee's as well) the contestants were told they were doing a photo shoot and which of their own cloths to wear. They weren't given costumes, the cloths they are wearing are cloths they brought with them. So Wanda is responsible for the blue-dress-disaster and Angie is to blame for the the lacy-pink-bra existing, but wearing them on the island is the fault of the producer.

I'm with queenb on this though, if I was going on this show the only cloths I'd pack are cloths suitable for spending the 39 days in. I'd definitely be wearing lycra shorts (hidden under my boxers if necessary), there are too many crawly things on these islands to wear underwear that isn't really, really snugg.

FORT Newbie
    At the beginning I was a little worried with Angie's nose piercing things, but after 2 episodes I'm surprised to say they've grown on me.
    Peace, Love, and Harmony.

Nosepiercing have grown on you..... on your nose....

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I've liked Angie from the start, but then I'm the one that is secretly disappointed that my future daughter-in-law doesn't have ANY tattoos or piercings (except one in each ear - yawn) or even a burgandy streak in her hair. I'm toying with the idea of getting her some black leather and handcuffs as gifts for her bridal shower......

Anyway, I feel Angie is an individual and unique. Two qualities that I admire.

And, I didn't go catatonic about her underarm hair - I was actually expecting it.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread