+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 Bottles of Beer on the Wall: Will Palau sink under the weight?

20 Bottles of Beer on the Wall: Will Palau sink under the weight?

Okay, I've seen this discussed in the episode thread a lot, and there are general "twist" topics, but I was suprised to find neither a specific topic on Palau, or the revelation that it will be packed up somehow with 20 of these famewh@res!

The major theories to explain the 20 people seem to be:

1.) perhaps an EVEN LONGER season
    2.) two tribes, some double eliminations (or some immediate boots the moment they step on the island)
    3.) odd small tribes, four tribes of four or five tribes of four, and SOMEHOW some control to make this workible since they had enough trouble with 3 tribes
    4.) no tribes (or one, I suppose) at least to start--where the show starts off more Darwinian with every man or woman for his or herself and people clump together for other reasons. Obviously you could have a LOT of variations on this.
    a.) people compete in teams (which may or may not be arbitrary) for immunity, but vote individually for eviction
    b.) people both compete and vote individually--although naturally alliances come into play
    c.) people compete and vote in teams/tribes, but they are arbitrary each week
    d.) some combination of the above. Individual competitions and informal alliances for several weeks, and then later imposed formal tribes springing from some system based on popularity for the leaders and then those leaders picking tribe members.

As long as we are being specific to Palau, I suppose there's also a heck of a lot to wonder about concerning the old Navy wrecks an other war wreckage around the island. Will the show make some lame Pearl Islands attempts to tie it in to gameplay, or is it just scenery?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Some challenges involving Tanks or Flamethrowers would be fun....

There's lots of ways to slaughter the excess people at the start.
    But it does add to the glut of "Survivor Celebs" on the planet doing Motivatonal Speeches and hosting Internet radio shows.

"My 15 minutes on Palau, until I fell off a balance beam and got sent home, were the most amazing and inspirational of my life."

I suppose you could have tanks. I mean in reality I don't think tanks were all that common in the Pacific theater, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun.

And certainly you are right that it's imperative that the world needs as many extra fame-you-know-whats as quickly as possible. Thanks Mark Burnett for the 20 new ones in one shot! Next season, maybe The Apprentice could have 50!

Yikes! 20 contestants?
    I think that CBS was "testing the waters" with Ami and Scout, and they are going to have 20 lesbians in Palau
    "If it ain't broke, don't break it" - Charles Oakley

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe

Yikes! 20 contestants?
    I think that CBS was "testing the waters" with Ami and Scout, and they are going to have 20 lesbians in Palau

If that's the case, I'm sure that my husband will finally start watching Survivor with me!
    How would life have ever been the same if this wall had carved in it one less name?----10,000 Maniacs

Oh no.
    "Nude Lesbian Survivor".
    It'd make a fortune as Pay-Per-View.

(Okay, now I've posted that, i wont go further down this smutty path)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSoup
    If that's the case, I'm sure that my husband will finally start watching Survivor with me!
    Only if they are "Lipstick Lesbians", I'd bet.

Anyway, my base assumption about next season is that it won't be any more diverse than this year. Although the rumor mill is already identifying
    Click to see Spoiler:
    at least one African-American woman. Also, I suppose you could count the rumored retired Vegas Showgirl as diverse in a way, since she'd be an ex-sexpot instead of a wanna-be

FORT Fan
    Ooh I know!

Each tribe votes to give immunity to someone, then the player who loses the challenge goes home! Whee.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    4.) no tribes (or one, I suppose) at least to start--where the show starts off more Darwinian with every man or woman for his or herself and people clump together for other reasons. Obviously you could have a LOT of variations on this.

To me, this is the way Survivor has to go. Once you get down to 12 ppl. Pick two captains, then have them pick sides. Naturally, the captains will pick "alliance" members. From then on out ... it will be alliance members eliminating alliance members. It would cause alot more acrimony and tension.

It would solve the problem of episodes 6-14 being pretty predictable and boring (9/10 its usually a numbers game, on who gets eliminated).

Here's what I'd do with twenty contestants:

Two tribes of seven (TO7), with "normal" rules. One tribe of six (TO6), that is free to set up where they like (or to be nomadic), and is able to raid the other camps for supplies. The two TO7 shouldn't know about the TO6 until later in the game, to let the disappearing items cast suspicion on fellow tribe mates. The TO6 does not compete in the luxury and immunity challenges; they can steal their own luxuries and earn immunities from not being caught by anyone on the TO7. If members of TO6 are caught, they are eliminated. Later, the remaining TO6 can merge with the remaining members of the TO7.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast