+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survivor: Polynesian Pete Report (Episode 12) - Just how much is a bazillion?

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil
    I'm expecting the next IC to be bug eating. I would be delighted if they dropped this challenge, but that's not my expectation. I believe Chris wins it.

Chris made a revealing speech to Eliza at reward, indicating that she, Scout and Twila are his F4, and Eliza is his choice for F2. She kept her mouth shut, which was smart.

While I believe that Chris was making his best assessment, it is wrong. If Julie goes at F5, I believe Scout and Twila tell Eliza that they are voting for Chris, and she can either vote him out or take a chance on the purple rock. We've seen already how Eliza will perform in that case.

No, Chris needs to get rid of Twila next. That said, he probably won't do this. Assume for a moment it goes this way. Julie would be too tough in F2 for anybody, so she is an easy boot at F4.

I expect Eliza to win the endurance challenge at F3. I think she beats Scout in F2, hands down. She may lose to Chris. Would she make the correct decision? I don't know.

Good evaluation, I see your logic, obviously the fly in the ointment is the challenge winners. If Julie manages to win the IC, Chris could be gone. Julie really wanted to be the third one at the getaway but Chris pushed her out and hurt his relationship with her. Julie's fate is in her hands, she has to win the IC.

No matter who it is, if someone can win both the IC and EC that person has the best chance to win put a weaker opponent in the F2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Seriously though, I think she has been good at nurturing alliances for her purposes, and staying out of the firing line. Ami tried to turn the crosshairs on Scout, but it was too little, too late. That is how the game should be played. All that said, she needs to go, and fast. Were she actually able to make the finals, she would end up being the most undeserving winner ever in this game, in my opinion of course, and there is some esteemed company in that group, starting with Vecepia.
    Great Work as usual Bill!!

Just one question. We didn't see Survivor: Marquesas in Australia, what's the deal with Vecepia? (i know she was the winner by the way)
    This show rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Thaaaaank Youuuu for expressing so well how I, and I'm sure lots of others here, feel about those players that get so offended when the tables are turned on them. It's a freaking game!!! Why don't they get that through their thick heads.

Didn't Sandra also swear on her sons? Of course, that was to JFP, so that was more than okay.

As you stated, Eliza is proving to be a lot smarter than some of us gave her credit for. She's using her emotional ties to the others to tug at their hearts-strings, as we all saw with Ami at TC. Let's see if she can control her emotional outbursts IF she makes it to the F2.

Thank you Bill for such a fine analysis.
    I totally agree, but Sandra did say that she had said she swore on her sons and then mumbled under her breath, something like "that I will kick Burton off this island"
    This show rocks!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis Star
    Great Work as usual Bill!!

Just one question. We didn't see Survivor: Marquesas in Australia, what's the deal with Vecepia? (i know she was the winner by the way)
    She was probably the most under the radar winner ever. There were a lot of more out there people who caught the eye and got eliminated. She didn't do much but pray. And a lot of people thought she was somewhat "unChristian" in her praying.

Great, as usual, Bill! Thanks!

Julie will be the interesting character to watch this week. Can she pull it off?? Will Chris be her savior?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I am really sick and tired of people trying to claim they played the game with integrity. Please. Twila is not in Vanuatu to earn Amiís respect. She is there to win, and while her comments back at Ami during tribal council were just as vindictive as Amiís, they were right on point. She out played Ami, and that is the point of the game.
    Great analysis, as always Bill.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

You sure know this game Bill!!!

Great analysis, as usual!

... minus that whole undeserving winner thing...

Vecepia/Scout for 2008!

great report, bill!

i had given up watching for a few weeks, but figured with the number of players dwindling, that the excitement level would have to have been raised. the last 2 weeks have been good.

your report seems right on target. perfect as always.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12