+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on the "Get rid of the Men" strategy?

This strategy doesn't make for exciting tv, but it's a good strategy for the women.

This game is about outlasting and outwitting any way you can to make it to the finals. Personally, I think that strategy sucks, but I don't fault the ladies. The men were thinking of doing the same thing, but they made a mistake in voting out John before Julie.

If you're not a man, I think adopting a "Get rid of the Men" strategy is pretty darn good.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I love it. as i posted in the "are the women being led?" thread they are doing good and they needed to get the guys out, and are holding true to their alliance till they get rid of the ones who are stronger. not smarter cause they all flopped bad on the brain challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    If you're not a man, I think adopting a "Get rid of the Men" strategy is pretty darn good.

Anything that focuses the attention on another group or person is a good thing if you are someone like Leann. Makes perfect sense to go along with it.

Unfortunately for Ami, I think she as the organizer will be a huge target any day now.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I think any remote possibility that the women who remained at Yasur would rethink the strategy went out of the window when Bubba uttered his famous "Chris, think of the merge" comment at the challenge.

I agree with Wolf, it really doesn't make for exciting tv, but the game plan itself is solid enough, particularly as, even if someone does come up an alternate plan e.g. Scout last week, they can't get the numbers to go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think any remote possibility that the women who remained at Yasur would rethink the strategy went out of the window when Bubba uttered his famous "Chris, think of the merge" comment at the challenge.
    Yep, Bubba screwed the men. And I thought communication between tribes at challenges was strictly forbidden?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    I think it's perfectly sensible and effective as far as the ladies go.
    Ami, Julie and Leanne should be quite happy and proud of themselves.
    After the Men have gone, they have a nice clearcut set of Outsiders in Scout, Twila and Eliza to knock out.

It is so obvious that this will happen. For that reason i can't beleive that Scout and Twila wouldn't have moved over with Sarge, Chris and Chad - at least that way they would have had a much better chance at F4.
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    But if you're a woman at the bottom of the pecking order it might not be so good.

Snoozin' on the beach
    If this next IC is really physical ( like the water challenges), it will be geared toward Chris. Jeff tried to steer them into keeping him in TC. Well geez, Jeff has a financial piece of Survivor so he is gonna do what he can to get the outcome the way the producers want it. If it is physical IC and I suspect it will be, Chris will win it. How ironic that the very thing that will keep him in the game serves as a glaring reminder to all the women why they targeted the men in the first place and why they have to keep going after him.

At first it was a good idea. But now its dumb. Scout and Eliza need to think about the final 2 instead of 6. Twila isn't a guarentee either. Ami is the only smart one with a reason for doing this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast