+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarge Falls Victim to 'Survivor' Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by billyflynn
    sarge was a great character, but not a great player. He was better than average, and finished better than average.
    That's the exact thing you'd say about Rupert.
    Good at forming loyalties, but inflexible when the crisis comes.

When Sarge was off talking to Twila, this is what he said

Sarge : "I'll be honest with you, this is how it was supposed to go. It was supposed to go Rory, then you, then Chad, Chris and me"

Twila : " But I'd of been the fourth person"

Sarge : "Oh you were four, like so solid, like if my whole life depended on it"

What a sore loser....If the men had the numbers they would have voted the women off one by one..... How was his strategy so different?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyoats
    What a sore loser....If the men had the numbers they would have voted the women off one by one..... How was his strategy so different?
    so true, what made it different to the chucklehead was his butt got thrown out instead of the others. so now he pouts and puts on this act......dweeb.!

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by billyflynn
    sarge was a great character, but not a great player. He was better than average, and finished better than average.

That's the exact thing you'd say about Rupert.
    Good at forming loyalties, but inflexible when the crisis comes.

so true about the both of them. everyone liked rupert cause of the boyish smile and his personality. but the night he jumped all over Jonny Fairplay ( and I am not a fan of his) that did it for me. it was an eye opener to anyone who was judging in fairness cause Rupert was so pissed that someone put his name down cause then he knew he was a target and tried to intimidate them to not do it again.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by ozjod
    When Sarge was off talking to Twila, this is what he said

Sarge : "I'll be honest with you, this is how it was supposed to go. It was supposed to go Rory, then you, then Chad, Chris and me"

Twila : " But I'd of been the fourth person"

Sarge : "Oh you were four, like so solid, like if my whole life depended on it"

Wow, If those were Sarge's exact words, he really is naive. If he felt that way that's fine, but to actually say it to her and then think she would not vote for him? He helped to bring his own boot on himself. It's poetic justice for Twila that he is gone and she is still there

Not too many poker players in this crowd of survivors

Was that the "original" conversation that they had? Or is that from when Twila and Sarge finally got some time alone to talk since the merge?

I don't think Sarge was saying "you will be fourth place", I think he was saying "it was going to be us 4 in the F4"....much like he originally said....we goto the F4, then its everyone for themselves.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    Wow, If those were Sarge's exact words, he really is naive. If he felt that way that's fine, but to actually say it to her and then think she would not vote for him? He helped to bring his own boot on himself. It's poetic justice for Twila that he is gone and she is still there

Not too many poker players in this crowd of survivors
    I watched it again and those are Sarges words ... but, and there's also someone with a big but , right ???

The way I interpreted that was that Twila is included in Sarges version of the F4. Sarge is one ( not number one, just one of 4 ), Chad is another, Chris is another and Twila is the other - making 4 ... not that she will be gone at 4.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    everyone liked rupert cause of the boyish smile and his personality. but the night he jumped all over Jonny Fairplay ( and I am not a fan of his) that did it for me. it was an eye opener to anyone who was judging in fairness cause Rupert was so pissed that someone put his name down cause then he knew he was a target and tried to intimidate them to not do it again.
    That was exactly my opinion joeguy, I lost any and all respect and liking I had left for Rupert at that episode. I was already losing respect for Rupert, and that just finished it. He said he felt bullied in school, and then turned into a bully himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyoats
    Honeyoats ... didn't you know ... in some peoples minds it the divine right of a man to win ?

When your team is humiliating the other team it feels good, when the other team is humiliating your team ... well, that's just plain wrong. :rolleyes

You are right, the strategy is the same.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg
    Honeyoats ... didn't you know ... in some peoples minds it the divine right of a man to win ?

When your team is humiliating the other team it feels good, when the other team is humiliating your team ... well, that's just plain wrong. :rolleyes

You are right, the strategy is the same.
    So true Dawg

Slightly off topic.Maybe its because this season is happening and so fresh in our minds but I can't remember a season where so many people have brought on their own demise.

Dolly: On the fence about 2 people to boot and let everyone know it
    Bubba: Caught giving signals
    Lisa:...Just in case. A slip? maybe but it was the dumbest thing to say and to the wrong the wrong person
    John: Knows he is being targeted and hardly works and lounges around camp sleeping
    Rory: big mouth and bad attitude. Gets votes at several TC and fails to recognize he is in trouble or change
    Sarge: inflexible and what he said to Twila (if its true) and to much talk at TC

Even the young guys that got booted early. They may not have had direct actions to account for the boot but they didn't seem to make much effort to stay. Can you imagine if one of them was Richard Hatch? You can bet your boots he'd be trying anything and everything. Even with Sarge, he seemed resigned to it, he never had a plan B. I don't think they really wanted the money. Jeez, at least try. Just seems a little sloppy or lack of effort from so many this season. Maybe its just me that thinks that

I liked Sarge but knew he'd never get far once the merge happened

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast