+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 - Sept 19th *Potential Spoilers*

LG.

Episode 1 - Sept 19th

Tonight - first episode of the new season of Survivor, set in Thailand. Make sure you tune in to CBS tonight at 8 Eastern, 7 Central (or as I saw on the front page calendar for the site, 7 LG - thanks guys).

We've got a boot prediction thread (as well as a pre-cap and later there will be a re-cap), but here's a thread to speculate about the show and post during the show and afterwards specifically about Ep 1.

I'm thinking the bootee will be detemined (in some wacky twist) by the direct result of a challenge rather than by a vote of the losing tribe, and I further wildly predict that the tribal split won't occur until after the first boot, but that's just my off the wall prediction of the week.

CBS early show this morning had Jeff and the guy responsible for the challenges, who said this season the challeges were more a combination of physical and mental, with a "thinking" element in there to prevent the stronger players from having too great of an advantage. We shall see soon enough.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

A warning to our West Coast brethren, there may be spoiler content in here if you're reading this after the East Coast has seen the show.

John

eny
    FORT Fogey
    SPOILERS DON"T READ__________________________ _

Well its John, and for the same reasons I thought it would be! intolerant, bossy, negative, isolated.Everyone hated this guy so much that they turfed him in preference of Ghandia, who screwed up the IC so badly.
    Clay monetary- what's up with that?Helen is as out of the loop as John was. I noticed Brian did the water challenge. Shii Ann is makin herself a pain too .
    Impressions - I knew about the village deal , but never would have guessed at the pick your team. It also puts the elders in a position of power - interesting!
    Miss boobies was LAST pic.
    Apperantly at least Jake is immune to the cute with no brains chicks.I like Jake
    I like Brian , Robb, Ted - Jed is starting to separate himself
    I like Jan, Tanya- this one is the survivor cutie, was Penny there?
    Erin was also MIA. I can guess which one is the testosterone crew
    man , poor Shii devil is so gone from there.
    The team that picked the one with the shelter did good, cause they also had an abundance of food.

Tribal council was gorgeous, as were the new torches and even the usually fugly Immunity Idol. Big budget this time for set dressing!
    Last edited by eny; 09-19-2002 at 09:18 PM.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Oh yeah and my cable went out at 3:20, to be restored at 8:05 That's why I haven't been around
    no cable no internet..... I may have to rethink the there is a god thing at the timing of the restoration...............

Well, the spoiling community called the IC win and the boot correctly.
    John set himself apart from his team mates, but I'm still surprised they didn't boot Ghandia, she screwed up royally.

Robb was really being annoying on the Chuay Gahn team and I think he's amde himself a target when they go to tc, unless of course the team vote to keep him because of his physical strength.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Even though John was causing some tension, I really thought that they were gonna vote Ghandia off the island. John didn't really tick me off that much. Ghandia kinda bugged me...I dunno why. I wasn't that affected by John's departure. I don't care too much either way.

I can understand them wanting harmony in the tribe, but I still think either Ghandia or Tanya, who was not very weel, would have been better boot choices.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The show started with all the survivors in the same area with Jiff, the men sitting together and the women sitting together.
    Jiff asked them to say their name, age and occupation (gave them the choice not to if that would effect their strategy in the game).
    He then went on to say that the elders are revered in Thailand and called the two eldest people, Jake and Jan forward to be tribe leaders.
    They got to chose which camp they wanted and whoch people they wanted on their team.
    Jan went for age and experience whereas Jake went for youth and enthusiasm.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The Sook Jai tribe were a long way ahead in the immunity challenge, but Ghandia's poor performance in a solo task cost them the win.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I would have voted Ghandia off in about a 1/2 second.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast