+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Matthew Von Ertfelda - Survivor 6 Contestant

I found a picture of Matt from somewhere near the beginning of the season.
    I can't believe how much weight he has lost. I knew he was thin, but...

The picture can be found by clicking HERE
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by sheela
    Is it true that on the Saturn DVD Matt said that his strategy would be to play dumb?
    Actually, no. He claimed that he would be able to shift his personality to suit the situation. Sometimes being aggressive, sometimes laying low, and so forth. He claimed winning Survivor would be easy. In fact, his final words were (and he leaned way in towards the camera to deliver them): "It's going to be a cake walk." At the time, I rolled my eyes and laughed at someone so naive to think that winning Survivor could be that simple. The incongruity of his behavior on the DVD with his behavior in the game has really thrown me for a loop. I can't help but think he's really playing it hard but isn't letting anyone know. I picked him to win in my office pool after three weeks strictly because I didn't see any trace of the arrogance he showed on the DVD. I figured that meant he was an expert player.

And, spegs, I have the same reactions when I watch Matt on TV. Last week, when he announced during the Food Auction that he "had a feeling" about the covered plate, I laughed out loud. I was just imagining Precap Matthew knowing exactly what's under there.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I knew if anyone would know that DVD answer it would be Paulie!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Yeah, I actually have the DVD, but haven't watched it. Of course, unlike Paulie, I actually BOUGHT a Saturn Ion, so I deserve the DVD much more than him

I already had a Saturn, John, so I was already in The Club. They handed me tons of DVDs after I executed the secret handshake.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Originally posted by Paulie

And, spegs, I have the same reactions when I watch Matt on TV. Last week, when he announced during the Food Auction that he "had a feeling" about the covered plate, I laughed out loud. I was just imagining Precap Matthew knowing exactly what's under there.
    I'm sure he either read Jeff's mind so as to know the best rewards going on the block...or he simply froze everyone in place and then examined the prizes at his leisure.

Wouldn't it be something if this show was just a "cake walk" for him? Go Mateo! Can't wait to hear what he says at the reunion show.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Originally posted by spegs
    or he simply froze everyone in place and then examined the prizes at his leisure.

As I reread some pages of this thread.. who bloody knew that Matt would have become so popular!

He was so boring at first and now he's such a likeable guy!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Regular
    yeh...Mathew's amazing...He just poped out of nowhere and got everyone's attention. he's a sly one...

Originally posted by Paulie
    Actually, no. He claimed that he would be able to shift his personality to suit the situation. Sometimes being aggressive, sometimes laying low, and so forth. He claimed winning Survivor would be easy. In fact, his final words were (and he leaned way in towards the camera to deliver them): "It's going to be a cake walk." At the time, I rolled my eyes and laughed at someone so naive to think that winning Survivor could be that simple. The incongruity of his behavior on the DVD with his behavior in the game has really thrown me for a loop. I can't help but think he's really playing it hard but isn't letting anyone know. I picked him to win in my office pool after three weeks strictly because I didn't see any trace of the arrogance he showed on the DVD. I figured that meant he was an expert player.
    Thanks, Paulie.

Matt may be the smartest player we have ever seen, and this may indeed be a cakewalk for him.

It is foolish to be honest in the confessionals, imo. MB seems to change the challenges and game-rules depending on how the game is going. In order for MB to mess up someoneís game, it helps him to know what that player is thinking. Matt is careful not to give MB that advantage.

In Africa (I think), the lazy alliance spoke openly about their plans, giving MB a chance to foil them by switching parts of the team. MB created the challenge that woke Neleh and Paschal up. I donít know why MB didnít mess with Brianís plans. I think he tried and failed. Iím not giving very good or illustrative examples because my memory fails me, but I was trying to make the point that MB changes the game constantly to avoid Pagonging or to favor certain players.

Matt is the only player in the game who takes into account that MB is the very powerful 17th player in the Amazon. MB clearly influences the outcome of the game. He may not do anything crude like telling players who to vote for, but he does everything short of that.

Also, bragging provokes Jeff to cut players down to size. Jeff, by asking pointed questions at TC, does alert players to other playersí plans. His pointing out that the Jenna-Heidi alliance should be considered a threat was pretty blatant, imo.

Oh, and also MB was using the questionnaire like a sledgehammer to force these people to think of strategizing beyond the next 3 days.

BTW, does anyone know if the questionnaire has been posted anywhere? It would make mighty interesting reading.

+ Reply to Thread