+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Johnson - Survivor 6 Contestant

I sort of agree, Tiny Dancer. I really liked Dave last night.

I am still holding out that his 'I can't tell a lie" thing may be a cover and he's really a schemer.

Not that I necessarily liked Dave last night, he was my favorite among the guys.

I didn't really think his speech was all that bad. In giving him the benefit of the doubt, I tried to read between the lines… "Dan is a fricking idiot and he really pissed me off. Don't ever speak for the group again Dan, especially if it's going to be some stupid lie that serves no purpose except to make us all come across like a bunch of bumbling idiots. I have more integrity than that, and you should too."

I see some potential for some pretty smart moves from this guy.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I think he was fortunate that some of the guys agreed with him.
    Another time, another tribe and he might have been met with a very hostile reception.

I agree that that was his message (i.e. Dan's a moron), but I just think the way he chose to deliver it wasn't necessarily the smartest decision.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by Zhora
    Not that I necessarily liked Dave last night, he was my favorite among the guys.

I didn't really think his speech was all that bad. In giving him the benefit of the doubt, I tried to read between the lines… "Dan is a fricking idiot and he really pissed me off. Don't ever speak for the group again Dan, especially if it's going to be some stupid lie that serves no purpose except to make us all come across like a bunch of bumbling idiots. I have more integrity than that, and you should too."

I see some potential for some pretty smart moves from this guy.
    this was exactly how i felt. i actually liked dave. he didn't bother me at all.

Dave really impressed me. He seems like the kinda guy that's usually pretty quiet. But when he does have something to say, it's really worth listening to. The other guys seemed to respect him even as he was "lecturing" them. You usually don't get that kind of response if you're always mouthing off...like Butch & Roger. The guys just roll their eyes & play along for them.

lol_its_fun
    I have never heard of a Scientist with only a degree in Science. Well ...I guess he is a Scientist who have trouble with puzzle.

I liked it that he voted Dan. . It seemed to me to be the only good decision made at TC.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I agree raindance, Dan should have been the one to go. He all but admitted that himself at TC. I can't decide whether Dave's out of the loop or whether he knew he had the votes & was just sending a message.

I hope it's that he knew Ryan was gone so chose to send a vote Dan's way.
    A rather dodgy strategy considering the end vote was so close.
    Rob's vote against Ryan must have been more solid than it appeared.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-16-2003 at 11:06 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, I'm not overly impressed with Dave. He seemed to work hard, but the lecture after the immunity challenge didn't sit well with me. I find "Holier than thou" people who are so adamant about their integrity very suspicious. If he thought Dan was a jerk for joking around about the fish - and he WAS JOKING, everyone laughed when Dan said that - then grab Daniel and talk to him one-on-one.

Also, I found it amusing that Mr. Integrity told Roger that he would vote to banish Ryan and then said in the confessional that he wouldn't, because he & Ryan came from the same town originally. So, he voted for Dan instead. If the guy's integrity was so shining, why didn't he just tell Roger "I think Dan's a jerk and should be the first to go"???? Hmmmmm?????

Dave strikes me as very rigid. I think he's gonna STOMP on some toes and get booted.
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

+ Reply to Thread