+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Dave Johnson - Survivor 6 Contestant

He was wearing a plain black T-shirt in the jury box. Hmmm.... *strokes chin*
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie, I'm sure it was inside out--so as not to intimidate his survivor friends with his mighty rocket science slogan.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

That's what I was thinking, spegs.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

FORT Fogey
    LOL I thought it was that blue shirt he wore all the time back before he got voted off.

If it is a blue shirt, I'm playing my "color blind" card. That always comes in handy in potentially awkward situations like this.

You know, I do think that Dave, though we've made fun of his integrity speech "and whatnot," really did keep his integrity and dignity throughout the game. Perhaps on some level he was painted this way, but I think we can see that he is a genuine guy who keeps his word. Check out the popularity graph. I know it's not an ultimately determining thing, but it's nonetheless interesting. Audience opinion hasn't fluctuated around Dave as they have with, say, Heidi and Jenna, whose lines look like those of electroencephalographs.

FORT Fogey
    Hmmmm...maybe I'm the color blind one when it comes to his shirt. I'll have to pay extra attention at the next tribal council and see what he has on!

Dave really is a guy that you can like, hense the reason that he's the 2nd most popular contestant of the season, he's very likable! I wish he was still on.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Dave was VERY likeable. But ultimately, Survivor isn't a popularity contest, and Dave failed to play the game. Not to the same lame level as oh, say Gabe did, but he didn't work the political angles until it was too late. I harken back to his "I'm starting to realize this is a game" confessional. I should have seen the writing on the wall back then; he was doomed.

BTW, GREAT DJ quote there, Lil_Cutie.

FORT Fogey

Thanks, :cool: I'm glad you liked my quote, I like it too! I like your's too, Wayner.

Anyway, Dave looked really hot! Mmmmm...I loved seeing him, especially when he's in the confessional when it's raining, I mean I saw it the first time, but it's awesome seeing it again. And him scaling the trees, but how about that swing dance? Lucky Christy! Every one of those young girls, except for Shawna, has gotten me jealous at one point in the show now. It makes me wanna go to the Amazon and go on the show, that is, when it was on, but I am not old enough. But if I had been and got to be on the show, I would've met him, *sigh* wouldn't that be nice?

Ok, so I'll stop my Dave talk haha.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I just like him more and more.

His biggest downfall was trying to hard to play logically and what he thought was "fair."
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread