+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Christy Smith - Survivor 6 Contestant

Yeah, we don't know what tiebreaker is being used, but presumably, neither do they. You'd have to assume worst case is the Purple Rock of Fate. I mean, I'd certainly take that into account when imagining voting scenarios.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Purple Rock wouldn't bother me. I'd rather have a random 1 in 6 chance to be eliminated than have to answer questions or go on pervious votes.

I disagree. To win the game, you must maintain control. You don't go to Tribal Council with a 1-in-6 chance of being booted. You do what Rob did and secure a solid voting bloc that won't wind up in a tie. That was Christy's mistake (among others). Heidi's "plan" offered no security in Tribal Council and should have been immediately rejected, especially if Christy hates those two as much as she apparently does. Get yourself to the Final Four and then re-evaluate. Maybe you can swing Matthew and Butch against Rob or something. Don't assume you're first on the chopping block just because Heidi the Brain Surgeon told you so!

And, furthermore, if Jenna thinks you're so vital to her survival in the game, why isn't she talking to you? She still can't stand you. Vote her out of the game. Christy didn't allow Dave's dancing lessons sway her from voting him out. Why did she let Heidi's panicked rambling knock her off her stride?

Ack. It's so frustrating. I hate seeing people play poorly, especially when the proper path is so clear.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Me too.
    I rather enjoyed the randomness of it.
    It seemed unfair at the time because Pappy was ousted without any prior votes.

I think MB used that as a "punishment" for people refusing to strategise when faced with that option of take their chances.
    Pappy could have voted off Neleh and saved himself.
    He wasn't prepared too so he lost out.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    I'm sad to see her go.
    She should have been more direct with Rob.
    Jenna and Heidi were going to make any alliance that saved them on the night so it's no wonder they were willing to join forces with Rob again.
    Fluff - I agree. Christy's ego got the better of her. No one has ever cared what she thought, so having never been in this position, she became drunk with power. Why was she wavering? How could she even think of aligning herself with two people who had never given her the time of day? Jenna sent Heidi to do her dirty work, and the look on Jenna's face when Heidi was speaking to Christy was of utter contempt. Jenna herself would never speak to her because it would be beneath her. Rob plays this game 24/7, he is in it to win and he is not going to wait around for Christy's indecision. What the heck was she thinking?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Pretty disappointed in the way it ended. She could have at least learn from Alex and Deena.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Regular
    Is there a cbs.com chat with Christy today?

Yahoo Survivor Insider
    CHRISTY'S FINAL WORDS

LOUD: I am pissed off! So pissed off! I didn't deserve to be voted off! I didn't! OK. So what goes around comes around is that what the case it is? I mean Jesus, Jesus.

You have to be a liar to be in this game. You have to backstab. You have to just bull*** your way to get to the final. I developed trust. I knew from day one don't trust anybody! So if you're going to be on Survivor, don't trust anybody. Just try to play the game however the game is supposed to be played. (Breathes).

Bravo! Bravo! I made it 33 days, yay! That's a big accomplishment. A big accomplishment. Big.

I was able to see my boyfriend I was able to get letters. I was able to prove to myself that I am a real Survivor. I can survive in the Amazon I can survive with hearing people around me and still be emotionally ok and be ok and play the game and just be around hearing people. It's just a great accomplishment to know that I can speak and communicate with them. But you could see they could care less, because they didn't look at me. I am glad I was patient and I was able to handle it.

I don't want to be out of the game. I am not a sore loser, so I am going to be OK. It's going to be OK. I made it 33 days.

I am going to make a decision at the end on who the final 2 are. I am going to make sure that those evil stepsisters of mine are not going to win the million dollars. Not going to happen. So no, they don’t deserve it.

What freakin tribe members I have! They got me. Those guys got me good. Those girls were good at convincing them that I should be out of the tribe. Whatever. Whatever. Whatever.

So, it's ok. It's ok. It's ok. I am crying because I am totally shocked. I am so shocked. I shouldn't have said in tribal council that I was in the driver's seat. Cuz that probably automatically made them say ‘hey, she has confidence so she’s out of the game.’ That was probably a mistake.

There is no truth in this game. None. None. Damn.

I lied one time. I lied to Shawna and only Shawna. And some little bullsh** stories when someone tried to ask me about myself and I didn’t want to talk about it.

I can leave here knowing that I have integrity -- that I am a role model and I can make a difference.

I spent 33 days in the Amazon. That is awesome. Awesome.

Uhh. I have met some incredible people through this experience. I wouldn't say I've met a lot. Which is OK. Because the number of friends doesn’t not count. Oh I made 25 friends.

I have made some good friends. And I am going to take it with me. I am going to take......I want to hug the tree (she hugs the tree) I mean look at the trees behind me. It's just incredible. (She taps the tree)

I will never forget this experience. I will never forget this experience. (Breathes deep).

Umm, uhh, what else do I want to say.

I worked hard. I chopped down trees with my machete. That was pretty awesome. I worked hard. So....i have integrity. Thank you.

Id keep Christy away from any sharp objects when the jury questions the final 2.

t'll be a hell of a reunion show huh

FORT Newbie

my hero

Christy was my hero, not only because she was deaf, but because she stood her ground with the two pretty girls. This show spoke volumes in how society treats the average beauty - jenna cried - jenna got a letter.
    My public school best friend was deaf - just like Christy, seeing the show was like hanging out with her again.
    I never thought my friend was descriminated agaist - but if she was treated like christy was.....
    I was very sad to see Christy treated so poorly. I hope other note how she was treated also, I hope she reapes the endorsment type rewards after its all over.
    Diane

+ Reply to Thread