+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Christy Smith - Survivor 6 Contestant

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but Christy has some sort of mark on her right temple? Injury, maybe? If it's a birthmark, it must have been covered up before.
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

FORT Regular
    Got a pic to show us the "mark", USMC?

Edited to say....is it the mark that you see in my Banner?

Yes, that's the mark. It looks like a bruise, but it's been there since the beginning of the show. I think it's a birthmark or permanent scar from something.

FORT Regular
    It's not visible though in her profile shot on CBS.com

FORT Fogey
    My friend wears hearing aids some of the time, and she hates them. I can't imagine how Christy can stand them being out there in the Amazon.

Now, I'd like to say that I really think she should win. She's a sweet girl, and is my new favorite, now that Dave is gone.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    How much does the hearing aid help Christy? Can it only help her hear sounds in general or is is strong enough to hear actual conversations if she is close enough and the person is talking loud enough. (sorry, I'm really clueless on this one)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Regular
    Well, I noticed during the last episode, in the scene with Rob, Deena, Heidi and Christy down by the water....Deena said something to Rob. Christy was to Deena's right, but she nodded in agreement to whatever Deena said in Rob's direction, though Deena wasn't looking directly at her. She sort of nodded and said "yeah", so I'm guessing that with the help of hearing aids, she can hear a little. She did say during the first episode that she's completely deaf in her right ear, but can hear a little in her left if she wears her hearing aid. Plus (I've done my research), in an article her parents state that with hearing aids she can hear 50% in her left ear. I hope she wins. She's tha bomb.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Thanks for that info Plinko!

Yeah, I will only be happy with her, Butch or Matt as the winner.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Newbie

Go Christy!!

I really, really, really (times a billion) want Christy to win but with Alex, Heidi, Rob and Jenna in an alliance it doesn't seem possible. Christy's best chance at winning is to get in an alliance with jenna and heidi (which would give them a better chance too). Unfortunately Jenna and Heidi are really stupid so they'll keep Rob and Alex who'll be too strong for them in challenges. I only started watching Survivor Amazon because I heard there was a deaf girl in it and both my parents are deaf. So everyone ay my house wants Christy to win!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Ahh.. Me too, Leese. I really want her to WIN!!

Leese!!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread