+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Christy Smith - Survivor 6 Contestant

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Wow, that will be interesting. If any of her tribemates know SL, people might assume an alliance whether there was really one or not.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The word "deaf" has been tossed around on this contestant, but in reality from what I'm seeing, there is no definite word on just *how* hearing-impaired Christy is. She may have some hearing. But yes, it will definitely be interesting to see how it's handled.

Originally posted by KylieGrant
    That's really interesting. Being hearing impaired (though not deaf) myself, I'd always wondered how someone like myself would fare on Survivor.

I wonder if they will have someone translate for her in ASL, or if she wears hearing aids. Hearing aids could be a problem in any swimming challenges, though.
    I was thinking about hearing aides myself Kylie with regard to swimming as there are always water challenges.

Hmmm, I also have to say that I wonder how easy it will be for her to follow ongoing instructions from Jiff during challenges.
    He often has to shout out rules that the players have forgotten or ignored.

Hopefully they have found a way to work it so she won't be at a really unfair disadvantage.
    "That's Numberwang!"

From what I'm seeing, swimming challenges may not even exist this time, because of pirahnas. I understand there are some "safe areas" to swim, but would Mark really want to take a chance?

Oh, and the river water is very acidic in that area of the Amazon, so there are few mosquitos, fortunately.

Yes, Fluff. And you're really not supposed to wear hearing aids when you will be hot or sweaty, or in a really moist or rainy climate for a long period of time, and she'll most likely be in all of those situations.

Originally posted by John
    From what I'm seeing, swimming challenges may not even exist this time, because of pirahnas. I understand there are some "safe areas" to swim, but would Mark really want to take a chance?

Oh, and the river water is very acidic in that area of the Amazon, so there are few mosquitos, fortunately.
    Pirahna's?

Might explain some of the weight loss we've been hearing about.

Fluff !

It sounds as though just the general day to day living conditions on the island are very unsuitable to peope with hearing aids.

I think it's going to be very interesting to see how Christy copes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Galludet(sp) University is in Wash DC and the only college totally geared to the hearing impaired in the US from what I remember when I lived in the suburbs there. Just more usless trivia
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread