+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Butch Lockley - Survivor 6 Contestant

Yep, so far I like him, too...

He's my favorite for the guys right now. I like him a LOT, and what's even more important, so does the rest of the tribe.

I think he might emerge as the leader of choice in the camp.
    The guys will probably look to him more than to Roger as they like him more and he isn't pushy or bossy like Roger.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Peaches
    Butch was my driver's ed teacher in high school. He gave me a B, which screwed up my GPA, and I ended up third in my class. I'll never forgive him!

I just love how one of the guys called him a "hick," but that he thought Butch was really smart. (Like "hick" and "smart" can't reside in the same person!) Butch has probably accomplished more in his life than some of the other, "hipper" guys will by the time they are 50.

And, no one, NO ONE, calls him Wilbur. (Except for maybe his students when they are ticked at him!)

i was a bit worried for butch initially when he took the leadership role. his principal nature kicked in with the "careful, they're sharp" stuff. i was glad to see him step back, thinking out loud that the self appointed leader is always the first to go. he seems to be flying nicely below the radar now.

I'll make the world pink Koko833's Avatar
    Butch was one of my bosses last school year. He's a good guy. He likes to joke around a lot.

I'm glad he didn't do any female bashing on the last episode or at least not on camera. I doubt he did anyway. He knows he'd get in trouble for it, he works with too many women.

I think he'll go far and be a good leader.

Welcome, koko!

Butch seems to know the value of keeping his mouth shut. That should really help him, because with a group of guys, if you keep your mouth shut, you have the appearance of agreeing with them. And the guys will like that Butch always seems to be agreeing with them

Welcome, Koko! It'll be good to have insight from someone who knows one of the contestants. Enjoy your stay at the FORT!

Very poor performance in the RC.
    I would have thought that a school principal would have been able to memorise the names of his 6 tribe mates well enough to be able to steer them in that competition.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The thing I found odd with the whole RC was the approach both leaders seemed to take. Each one chose one pair and manouevered them around to a piece, returned them, and continued.

Butch, being in school administration, should be able to keep track of more than one thing at a time. I cannot see it being too difficult, at least from the perspective he seemed to have, to co-ordinate more than one group.

For example, send two pairs WAY out each to collect a piece, and while they walk out, get a second to collect the local pieces. You can dedicate more time to the local pair, while the two others get out.

As far as the name memorization goes, either he knew the names or he didn't. If he knew them and got nervous, there's nothing to be done except calm down. If he was unsure, he should have numbered the pairs, and called out instructions that way.
    Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

Click here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast