+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Twila Tanner

Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    I totally agree...Scout is the one in control there. But, Twila and Scout are TIGHT! They have had a 2-person alliance from the start, I'm just a little confused why Scout didn't pick her to be on her team when they had the shuffle?????
    Third time mentioning Insider but... there's a nice video there where Twila rips into Scout. Just after Chris spilled the beans, and Twila's in a bit of panic over it. They may be allied, but they aren't as close as you may imagine. Twila finds Scout rather bossy and dictatorial. Things have to be done Scouts way.

And if Ami had kept on Scouts good side, Twila would have been dumped anyway.

No-one is "solid" with anyone in this game, anymore. Which is nice.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Wasn't Greta Garbo a lesbian? Or am I confusing her with another actress?
    Lots of rumors but no proof that I know of....here's something I googled using Greta Garbo and lesbian from a queer history site

Greta Garbo
    by Susan Stryker, Director, GLBT Historical Society

Greta Garbo may or may not have had lesbian relationships -- probably not, if her recently revealed letters to a reputed lover are any indication of her amorous inclinations. No matter -- she still fuels the fires of lesbian fantasy and functions as a mythic figure in the queer imagination. ....

But back to T---She was angry when she was in the women's group because the younguns didn't appreciate her criticism of their work ethic and were nasty to her... and she didn't fit in with them. As she said, she got along better with the guys, esp. the older guys with the same work ethic. I'm not crazy about people who make vast generalizations about how they will get along with one sex vs. the other, but in my experience you don't get a lot of lesbians saying they get along better with men.... maybe with men in the workplace, or with straight men than straight women, but not just "men." I have heard a lot of straight women say that.
    Given who's left (sniff, Chad!) I'm tending to root for T now. Or Scout. The fact that she is still here with all her inability to do physical challenges says good game play to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    The fact that she is still here with all her inability to do physical challenges says good game play to me.
    Don't forget that Twila won the pole immunity challenge.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I just remembered Kathy on All-stars theory about making a strategic move when the numbers were at seven, so I wonder if it had any bearing on Twila ( still think it was Scout's idea though ) to plan their move when they did. Suddenly, after a long drought Survivor is interesting again. Ok Greta Garbo was a bad analogy, there have been rumours of her and lesbian affairs, but I would be really surprised if Twila were not a lesbian, not that it really matters. Maybe she's still in the closet and hasn't accepted it yet, or who knows maybe she is heterosexual, but that's the butchest heterosexual woman I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Maybe she's still in the closet and hasn't accepted it yet, or who knows maybe she is heterosexual, but that's the butchest heterosexual woman I've ever seen.
    ... maybe she's actually a man trapped in a lesbian's body ... (jk)

I'm curious about her son's daddy and what Twila and daddio looked like 20-some years ago when she conceived sonny-boy.

Like Sarge said, Twila's like one of the guys.

Twila is a tomboy alright, but I like tomboys!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Fogey
    Twila is a very determined player- and she's shown a lot of guts during the last two episodes.

I dont think there's any way for Twila to win this now. If she doesn't win immunity, she's out next week.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

JR.
    Her mouth is getting her into trouble, pissing off too many jury members.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    ... maybe she's actually a man trapped in a lesbian's body ... (jk)

I'm curious about her son's daddy and what Twila and daddio looked like 20-some years ago when she conceived sonny-boy.

Like Sarge said, Twila's like one of the guys.
    Twila's actually pretty attractive---given her age and her outdoor work with a redhead's complexion she looks good. The one of the guys image all comes from her "style". And some of that may be protective coloration to fit in with the men she works with, now just habit. If she were on one of those (yuck) makeover shows she'd glam up pretty well, she just wouldn't want to.

+ Reply to Thread