+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Chris Daugherty

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I've been solidly behind Chris for weeks, but he lost me last night. That bull******** his way to the mil, to quote Scout, was so lame and disappointing. I was cringing watching him apologize to that revolting little cow Eliza.

That BS won him a million dollars! I'd momentarily swallow my pride for a million bucks. Hey, if you gotta be full of sh!t during the game, why stop at the final TC?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Yeah, I know. But I was really respecting his smarts and his gameplay up until then. Plus, I think he would have won without the BS.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Yeah, I know. But I was really respecting his smarts and his gameplay up until then. Plus, I think he would have won without the BS.
    I disagree. I think had he gone into final TC with guns blazing, he would have blown it. Those people were stewing in their own anger and disgust and it didn't seem to have lifted one bit by TC.

I was glad that Ami made that comment about Twila staying true to herself instead of taking the route that Chris took. It almost made up for all the eye-rolling she did. :rolleyes

I've been solidly behind Chris for weeks, but he lost me last night. That bull******** his way to the mil, to quote Scout, was so lame and disappointing. I was cringing watching him apologize to that revolting little cow Eliza.

Chris had more to be sorry for than Twila...I respected Twila for not apologizing, she had no reason to...Chris on the other hand, well he needed her vote and he did screw Eliza over.
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I disagree. I think had he gone into final TC with guns blazing, he would have blown it. Those people were stewing in their own anger and disgust and it didn't seem to have lifted one bit by TC.

I was glad that Ami made that comment about Twila staying true to herself instead of taking the route that Chris took. It almost made up for all the eye-rolling she did.
    and that those facial expression from Ami, cracked me up :rolleyes
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    Chris had more to be sorry for than Twila...I respected Twila for not apologizing, she had no reason to...Chris on the other hand, well he needed her vote and he did screw Eliza over.
    Agreed. Personally, I don't think Twila had anything to be sorry for. Like someone said, Twila can't NOT be Twila.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

If there's one thing he could have changed it would be perhaps telling Eliza and Julie that they were to go - but that would give them an opening to go to Scout and Twila to get him out. I don't know why JP kept pushing the liar card at him during the reunion, as those were his most blatant lies (near the end) and everyone on Survivor lies if they're going to make it very far. No one is above it when a million dollars are involved. Unfortunately this whole "lying" thing with him and Twila takes away from the fact that they both played very good games and beat the other 16 players there.

I'm not sure he should have apologized to Eliza the way he did. He could have for not telling her she was the next one out, but she knows that you have to deceive people in order to win - she herself jumped sides at least twice to blindside people. By saying what he did to her at the final TC, the others could see that he was really BSing and pandering to her for her vote.

If his answer to Eliza was a bit forced, I thought his answer to Ami was one of the best ever given to the jury.

Earlier in the episode, Chris mentioned "looking at how I played the game and to finish it". This is why he was in the final 2 and the other 7 were in the jury. Power players like Ami didn't have an endgame or a plan to get to the end if things changed a bit. Chris knew he had to straddle the fence (with some added luck) in order to win and he did.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Any guesses or has anyone read how much weight Chris lost during the 39 days? He looked so much better at the end-if he got rid of the that ratty tail he could have almost been cute (in my book anyway). I'm guessing he lost around 25-30 lbs. If it was less, I'd be surprised. Kudos to Bubba BTW for his weight loss!
    How would life have ever been the same if this wall had carved in it one less name?----10,000 Maniacs

Chris did so much sucking up last night.The only thing I think he really meant in some way was his apology to Julie.You could tell when he voted her off it really was hard for him.So basically to a degree the only genuine thing he said (meaning not bull****) was to Julie.Even that was sucking up for her vote, even though he said he cared about her not her vote.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Exactly, he did what he had to do to win.

I am so glad Chris won, once Julie was gone if it wasn't Chris I would've turned off the TV. I think he took the hardest route possible to the final 2 when Julie and Eliza would've been an easier bet. But in the end it worked out for him.

+ Reply to Thread