+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Chris Daugherty

Chris and Laurie gave me that feeling of a Sitcom couple, of the type found in "All In the Family" or "Married with Children".

I could imagine "FAASTER LAURIE!" becoming a nationally popular catchphrase. (or maybe not)

I think that Chris is the safest person there. I seriously doubt that he'll get any votes at all this week- even without immunity.
    I totally agree with this Thonolan. Chris has played his cards right in my opinion and deserves to get to the final 2 at least
    This show rocks!

If the other women have any sense whatsoever, they should vote him out (if he doesn't get immunity obviously) next tribal because I have a feeling that Chris vs anyone else left, Chris will win. The other women have made too many enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    If the other women have any sense whatsoever, they should vote him out (if he doesn't get immunity obviously) next tribal because I have a feeling that Chris vs anyone else left, Chris will win. The other women have made too many enemies.
    True , all Chris has to do is sit on the sidelines and keep quiet. He has to let them women fight amongst themselves and take themselves out.
    This show rocks!

People seem to be forgetting that Chris really started the infighting last week by running to the girls and telling them about Scout and Twila's scheming. Sure, Twila came up with the "Save Eliza, boot Leann" plan, but Chris put it in motion. Now all he needs to do is sit back and watch the group self destruct. I'm glad he's having fun.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I'm not so sure about this. Chris definitely has Sarge and Chad's votes, but I think it might depend on who he's up against with the rest of the votes. I think he could beat Twila and Scout easily, but I'm not so sure about Julie or Eliza. They still have close ties to some of the other women. It might come down to what kind of hand Chris had in some of their ousters.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I am thinking after Eliza's (fake?) crying fit Chris might have collected Ami's vote, who will feel like Eliza betrayed her up to last minute. Ami will feel betrayed also by Scout and Twila, so she would not vote for them either. That is 3 votes for Chris (guys and Ami) as long as he is not up against Julie in the end. One possible vote for Chris could be Twila, just because Twila feel more comfy amongst men, but of course who knows. All in all I think as long as Chris manages to play his cards right (or rather not play too hard but let the women devour each other, as he has already realized it seems) he has good chances getting to the end and even has a fair chance of winning against anyone but Julie.

I didn't much like Chris in the beginning, and I am very surprised that he has come this far, but right now it seems like he is reading the women well. He has made necessary alliances at the right time, and realizes that he can now pretty much just watch by when the women's alliances burn up in flames. He has had luck on his side, but he has also played some to get where he is (especially in the very beginning). Not bad, he would deserve to win.
    Last edited by Tirlittan; 12-03-2004 at 08:51 AM.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Fogey
    Chris's chances are looking pretty good. I personally think he is a lock for the final four, and has reasonable chance at reaching the final two. If he was to go up against Twila or Scout in the jury vote, he would win by a landslide: the men would vote for him, and so would Ami, LeAnne, Julie and Eliza. If he goes up against Julie or Eliza, he will get votes from both of the men, plus Scout and Twila. Of course things can can change between now and the jury vote, but things are looking very good for Chris (if he can reach the final two).

It's pretty amazing that the player who was in the worst position recently may now be in the best position without being forced to make a move that would alienate him from any of the others. There are two older and two younger women left, but I don't think Eliza and Julie or Scout and Twila want to go to the final two together. If Chris can win a couple more IC's, it will finally be his decision to call the shots and determine who wins this thing. Of all the remaining players he has two guaranteed jury votes, he just needs to scrape up two more.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    It's pretty amazing that the player who was in the worst position recently may now be in the best position without being forced to make a move that would alienate him from any of the others. There are two older and two younger women left, but I don't think Eliza and Julie or Scout and Twila want to go to the final two together. If Chris can win a couple more IC's, it will finally be his decision to call the shots and determine who wins this thing. Of all the remaining players he has two guaranteed jury votes, he just needs to scrape up two more.
    Chris doesn't need immunity to reach the final four and might not need it to reach the final three. He probably will need it to reach the jury vote (which he would almost certainly win).

+ Reply to Thread