+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Chris Daugherty

Congrats to Chris. I got the feeling from the reunion that he and Julie are not close.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I am so glad Chris won, once Julie was gone if it wasn't Chris I would've turned off the TV. I think he took the hardest route possible to the final 2 when Julie and Eliza would've been an easier bet. But in the end it worked out for him.
    I disagree. Both Julie and Eliza can kick his butt in the IM challenges. It's much safer to go against Twila ans Scout.

Nghe

Thats true, but I meant that Julie and Eliza would pick Chris to be in the final 2 over each other.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Thats true, but I meant that Julie and Eliza would pick Chris to be in the final 2 over each other.
    I never believed that, and I still don't.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

'Survivor' winner lied to get time off work

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A former winner on "Survivor" lied to get time off from his job as a state highway worker to join a promotional tour for the reality TV show in Europe last year, an investigation found.

Chris Daugherty, 35, who won the ninth season of the CBS show, filed a false claim that he needed time off because he was under stress and suffering from depression, an Ohio Department of Transportation hearing officer ruled Thursday.

He landed the $1 million prize in 2004 for "Survivor: Vanuatu -- Islands of Fire," but returned to his $34,000-a-year job with ODOT, working on roads in central Ohio.

But Daugherty could face penalties ranging from reprimand to dismissal, ODOT spokesman Andrew Gall said.

"Daugherty's claim that he had an illness which just happened to coincide with his 'Survivor' tour is simply not credible," wrote ODOT chief investigator Les Reel.

After his requests for time off were denied, he submitted a false doctor's excuse saying he was suffering from anxiety and depression and needed a month of medical leave, ODOT's investigation found.

ODOT said Daugherty's initial requests were refused because he had already used all but 29 hours of his vacation days, sick leave and personal time. Officials said he even submitted a request for military leave -- despite never being in the armed services -- because the "Survivor" tour was scheduled to visit a military base in Germany.

ODOT officials said Daugherty acknowledged afterward to investigators that he used the time off to attend the CBS-sponsored "Survivor" tour in Germany and Italy last September 25 through October 8, for which he was paid $8,000. He took an additional two weeks off after the tour before returning to work, ODOT records show.

Thursday evening, Daugherty said that he did not want to comment until consulting with a lawyer.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    What is it with these Survivor winners and lying lately? Well, at least it's not as bad as Hatch.

Snoozin' on the beach
    He deserves to lose his job and the benefits that go with working for the DOT. What's next, he needs 2 weeks off for surgery and comes back with a deep dark tan? What an idiot, if he had a brain he'd be dangerous.

So $1,000,000 isn't enough for this guy that he has to pull a scam for another measly $8K?
    I'm amazed he won Vanuatu. After all, Twila had to almost draw a picture of Eliza to let him know that was who he should be talking to, to further advance "himself" in the game.
    He should change his name to Chris Doughheaderty.

Snoozin' on the beach
    The most pathetic thing is he somehow doesn't think anyone would find out. It's not like he took a week off to visit a relative where no one would be the wiser. It's a Survivor thing, that stuff always gets media attention. He must think his boss and coworkers are as stupid as he is. The claim of military leave is really low. He continues to be a boob and idiot long after Vanuatu ended.

+ Reply to Thread