+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brook Geraghty

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Also, I was expecting a girl. I don't think I have ever seen a guy named Brook.
    Wasn't there a guy named Brook on the Trista/Bachelorette show? I think he was some kind of rodeo clown, and when she told him she was allergic to horses, he was highly offended, as if she was criticizing him. He was a loon.

Being a hockey player, think he'll take a swing at someone if they pi$$ him off? Maybe we'll have our first fist fight.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I think I like most the lack of an overly toothy smile. But perhaps that derives more from his love of hockey than from a more reserved nature.
    Perhaps his love of Hockey has lead to a lack of teeth for a smile. I think he has taken too many pucks to the cranium already. Britney Spears may be a lot of things but a great actress? His favorite scent may change after 3 weeks out there without a shower. Most previous contestants state it gets pretty rank pretty quick.

He'll make it to the merge where his fate is determined by how strong the girl-alliance is. Man, I get tired of saying that...

His video made me nuts. I had to turn off the video before it was finished.

Quote Originally Posted by qupid
    His video made me nuts. I had to turn off the video before it was finished.
    I realize it may be painful to revisit, but could you elaborate, qupid?

I read the bios, but I never see the videos or audition tapes. Lazy me, but now you got my interest level engaged. I'm always curious about what drives others bonkers.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Wasn't there a guy named Brook on the Trista/Bachelorette show? I think he was some kind of rodeo clown, and when she told him she was allergic to horses, he was highly offended, as if she was criticizing him. He was a loon.

Being a hockey player, think he'll take a swing at someone if they pi$$ him off? Maybe we'll have our first fist fight.
    I remember him. I can't think of his name, but I remember him better from his sting on The Anna Nicole Show. I didn't see the episode, but saw a clip where he called Anna 'Trista.' I think it was about winning a date with Anna or something. I believe S2's Mitchell was on that episode as well. Judging by some of the other guys who give me an ego-macho pride vibe, he could get into with someone that he feels is more "superior" than him and wants him gone because it'll make him look second best. Now, if it's someone I happen to hate, maybe I'll get lucky and they will get in a fist fight so they can both be ejected from the show.

On an all-girl's alliance, another vibe I get is that he'll think they're all after him and that he's 'God's Gift to Women.' And you got my interest peaked, quipid. Although judging by your comment, I have a feeling I already know what the tape is going to be like. But I'll force myself to watch anyway.

ETA: Well, the video wasn't too bad (I thought it'd be more of an ego trip.) Bascially I get a wannabe frat boy vibe, he lives in a "bad ass" town, will quit his job and travel after he wins the million (my guess is straight to Tinseltown where he'll try to cash in like the famewhore's that came before him.) I can see him saying "I've got the million dollar check written" at least once, so hopefully it'll be more like a Silas moment than Rich and he'll get booted before he makes the jury. Something tells me my first impression will hold true and I'll never learn to like this guy.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-27-2004 at 10:49 PM.

Don't like him. Didn't Johnny Cash sing a song about his brother Sue?
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

So the Bruins fan is gone. *sigh*

I watched Brook on The Early Show and Good Day Live today and he had a very good attitude about it, not bitter or anything. And he's a big Survivor fan, he rhymed off the names of the first person voted off each season in nothing flat.

He was asked if there was some big blow-up that we didn't see that may have led to his demise, but he said no. Things had been quite mellow, and all the guys had bonded, with the possible exception of Rory, who kept to himself more. Brook actually wanted to vote out Rory, but John and John convinced him to vote against Chris. (Given Chris' statements at Tribal Council last night, and Brady's vote, Rory may be on his way out.)

It showed a bit of his audition tape, it was footage of him running across America, from NYC to California. Pretty cool actually. Apparently he had applied to past Survivor's and didn't make it, so wanted a better audition tape this time.

Brook also said he thinks he would have done better in a mixed tribe. He believes that in an all-male tribe, the young strong guys are the early targets, while that doesn't happen in a mixed tribe.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I was surprised to see him get the boot first, but I'm glad he did, because I know he would have been on my last nerve in a couple of episodes.

Well that was a big shocker. Never expected him to go so soon.

Bye!!!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast