Thread: Survivor: Canada?

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar

Survivor: Canada?

OMG. This just might happen.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...16/544797.html

Survivor in B.C.?
    MARK BURNETT IS LOOKING AT GREAT WHITE NORTH
    By BILL BRIOUX, TORONTO SUN

FIRE UP the Tiki torches and pass the Doritos. Survivor might be coming to Canada. And a French-language version of The Apprentice is. Mega-producer Mark Burnett told the Sun in Los Angeles he's seriously considering shooting an edition of Survivor, his top-rated reality series, in the Great White North.

At a press party Wednesday night, I asked Burnett for the umpteenth time if Canadians will finally be allowed to compete in the No. 1 show in Canada. "No, but we could be going to Canada for Survivor," he said.

He suggested it could happen as early as Survivor 11.

This past spring's Survivor: All-Stars was the eighth edition of the reality series. If the current twice-a-year schedule were to continue, Survivor 11 would air in fall 2005.

NO STRANGER

Burnett is no stranger to our land.

He began his career as TV's top unscripted-series producer in British Columbia, where his first Eco-Challenge series ran.

What's more, several members of his crack Survivor camera team are B.C. natives. He's likely scouting the more rugged regions of that province as a future Survivor base.

Burnett is still reluctant to shoot a winter Survivor -- who wants to see babes such as Amber or Jenna in parkas? -- so Burnett needs to wait until next summer to tape the game in warm weather in Canada.

Burnett, though, already has decided to bring one of his ace shows to Canada. He recently partnered with a Quebec broadcaster to produce a French-language version of The Apprentice.

"We haven't picked our Quebec version of Donald Trump yet," Burnett said, "but we're looking."

For the record, "You're fired!" in French is "Tu es congedie."
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I didn't realize there was going to be a S11.

I signed up and got a callback for it. It costs $100 to try out and I don't have that. A good friend of mine and his dad also got calls to come try out and take a physical and mental test. I think they both have great shots at making it. If they do I will have a ton of gossip for all of you on them

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    "We haven't picked our Quebec version of Donald Trump yet," Burnett said, "but we're looking."

For the record, "You're fired!" in French is "Tu es congediť."
    They were supposed to "hire" the boss of the French TV station that will have The Apprentice but since he has no personality whatsoever, I guess they dropped the idea. He had nicer hair than the Donald, though.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    I didn't realize there was going to be a S11.
    IIRC, Jeff Probst is signed up on contract all the way through S12. Hopefully CBS won't play the kinds of games it did last year with renewing the show.

edit: and ooh, that would be kind of nice, hopefully I'll make it onto that season
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I signed up and got a callback for it. It costs $100 to try out and I don't have that. A good friend of mine and his dad also got calls to come try out and take a physical and mental test. I think they both have great shots at making it. If they do I will have a ton of gossip for all of you on them
    Are you talking Survivor or Apprentice? Are they taking Canadian applicants, or are you and your friends posing as Americans?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Are you talking Survivor or Apprentice? Are they taking Canadian applicants, or are you and your friends posing as Americans?
    Survivor. My neighbour who is a good friend of mine found it out through a friend of his and told me to sign up. I can almost guarantee someone from Abbotsford will be on it who is around my age. Cause they raided the area looking for someone. From what I heard they were giving so many call backs out here. I thought it seemed like a scam though because the website was low quality and they want $100 just so you can try out. I am still skeptical about it and could be wrong. But most likely it was for real and I will be watching someone I know on TV in the near future.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    In all honesty I have never heard of anyone being charged 100 bucks to audition. I'd be e-mailing CBS directly through the CBS survivor website to see if it was legit. It smells scammy. WE have members who have made it it quite far in the casting previously . I think I'll direct some of them here to answer this.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    In all honesty I have never heard of anyone being charged 100 bucks to audition. I'd be e-mailing CBS directly through the CBS survivor website to see if it was legit. It smells scammy. WE have members who have made it it quite far in the casting previously . I think I'll direct some of them here to answer this.
    Yeah that is what I am thinking. They said something about CTV picking it up and I checked their site and saw nothing about it. I am not 100% sure on that part of it though. It just didn't seem right to me.

I just found out a lot more on this. I signed up at a friends place and never got to check anything else out about it. This makes a lot more sense and clears things up, for me at least.

A Canadian Concept Competition
    Your chance of becoming Canada's FIRST ULTIMATE SURVIVOR has finally arrived. This summer we are holding a 4 stage qualifying competition within Nanaimo, to determine which 16 men and women will advance to a 16 day final at a beautiful BC location where they will compete for $35,000.00 plus approximately $60,000.00 in Reward Prizes. The main difference between this competition and CBS Survivor is that there are NO VOTE OFFS. Your advancement is based entirely upon your own merits, skills, and the ability to ASSESS, ADAPT, and REACT.

You shall compete in ALL 4 stages of the competition with the 4th and final stage deciding your Ultimate Destiny. There shall be a cap on the number of persons allowed to attempt qualifying as logistics come into play. We will test all aspects of your make up, and whether you are an intellectual, a philosopher, an athlete, or a couch potato, we have designed the playing field to be as even and competitive as possible. During the qualifying rounds you shall earn points which will determine your position on the starting grid for the fourth and final stage. So even if you do not fare well in the first 3 stages, you can advance to the final. Our competitors are from all walks of life and range in age from 19-83. Remember, this is YOUR CHANCE to show the world what you are made of. Limited spaces are available so please call 250-753-3931 to reserve your spot, or SIGN UP ONLINE.

The $100.00 reservation fee will take you through all the qualifying stages, and many businesses throughout Nanaimo are sponsoring Survivor Canada competitions to represent their firms. If you should be sponsored by one of them, your reservation fee shall be refunded. Please call us and ask for a current list of Survivor Canada sponsors.
    http://www.survivorcanada.com/

It still seems weird to me. Its put on by a car company The guy told me something about CTV being involved, which I seriously doubt. It is very misleading and still seems like a con.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast