+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Canada?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ok back from one of the official sources.
    " I've never heard of anyone who's gotten in because they received an outside assist like that. I'd tell whoever it is to save their money."

This is nothing to do with the real "Survivor" . It's a scam . You send in your application , they contact you . No money is ever exchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    OMG. This just might happen.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...16/544797.html

Survivor in B.C.?
    MARK BURNETT IS LOOKING AT GREAT WHITE NORTH
    By BILL BRIOUX, TORONTO SUN

FIRE UP the Tiki torches and pass the Doritos. Survivor might be coming to Canada. And a French-language version of The Apprentice is. Mega-producer Mark Burnett told the Sun in Los Angeles he's seriously considering shooting an edition of Survivor, his top-rated reality series, in the Great White North.

At a press party Wednesday night, I asked Burnett for the umpteenth time if Canadians will finally be allowed to compete in the No. 1 show in Canada. "No, but we could be going to Canada for Survivor," he said.

He suggested it could happen as early as Survivor 11.

Mark Burnett said above that they are only looking at Canada for a possible location, not a show where Canadian citizens could participate. There's not really any question that what your friends are trying out for is a substandard rip-off.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Could that website look any less professional? lol.... it just screams "scam"
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

He'll come to Canada but he won't allow Canadians to participate? Also, I don't know why he'd choose Canada as a possible location for a season. In all honesty, the climate here isn't that much different than in America, especially if he isn't planning on having a season in the winter. I'm sure he isn't running out of "exotic" places to hold a season. I mean, I think it's kind of neat that he'd consider coming up here, but not if he won't even let us audition. That's kind of insulting actually (not that I'm even old enough to audition mind you, but that isn't really the point).

I don't see it as insulting, I see it as a matter of liability.

I don't really get how. But then, I'm also not a lawyer and don't see what he is liable for when using Canadians in something based in Canada.

Well, because his contracts are with Americans, using the American legal system. Even though our friends to the north are close, speak the same language, and great people, the fact remains that they are a different country, and have a completely different legal system, and the whole basis of the contestant contracts would have to be re-written to be enforceable.

I guess so. And I'm sure there is no real need for him to allow Canadians to audition since I doubt there would ever be a lack of interesting Americans. The opportunity would be really nice though, especially considering that we have to PAY for our only opportunity to be on anything remotely like it, if you can even call that an opportunity.

I have a question for the American members. Would a Survivor in Canada even be interesting for you to watch? I think I'd watch it because I'm Canadian but honestly, I'm not sure I'd be interested in watching a Survivor located somewhere in America. Just because America isn't all that interesting to me, and ONLY based on the fact that it's already so similar to how I live? I'd much rather watch a Survivor in a place that I'm not familiar with which also makes it possibly coming to Canada a little bit of a disappointment. I already know how easy it is to survive here. Although, on the flip-side, food would probably be harder to come across since our climate isn't tropical.

FORT Newbie
    Anyone have updated information on what happened to the Survivor Canada based on Vancouver Island??

The website and phone numbers don't work anymore and there was only ever one event reported, because the competitors had to be rescued @ Strathcona Park ... was it a scam, did anyone take them to court??
    Last edited by smadax; 03-01-2007 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spell correction

Welcome to the site, smadax

Good heavens, I hadn't heard anything about that.
    You'd think it would have been a fairly big story.
    I live in the Toronto area though and as far as the news is concerned sometimes, if it didn't happen in Toronto it didn't happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast