+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ethan presenting "Philanthropist of the Year" award to Mark Burnett

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar

Ethan presenting "Philanthropist of the Year" award to Mark Burnett

DaveBoston.com - The Dave Kerpen Fan Site Newsletter

Hi friends,

Wanted to say hello! Hope all is well. Looks like Paradise Hotel 2 is not coming this summer...For better or for worse, we were most likely the first and only. Anyway, the legacy lives on...

This Thursday, in addition to being my brother, webmaster extraordinaire Phil's birthday, is also the first Reality Cares event in which I am participating. It's a high ticket price but goes to a great cause...for more info, please see below, and if you're in the NYC area, perhaps I'll see you on Thursday.

PH Where-are-they-now Trivia-of-the-month: Keith and Tara are no longer dating, and Scott and Holly are no longer dating. The only PH couple to remain, nearly one year later from the first episode...Amy and Zack. God bless.

All the best to you,
    Dave

For more info and tickets, go to
    www.realitycares.org/burnettevent

NEW YORK, NY- May 12, 2004 - The Reality Cares Foundation at the Giving Back Fund (www.realitycares.org), an organization created to inspire a new spirit of philanthropy among a younger group of television stars and viewers, today announced they will be honoring Mark Burnett with the "Philanthropist of the Year" award at the Kenneth Cole flagship store in Rockefeller Center on May 20, 2004; IN TOUCH WEEKLY will co-sponsor the event. Mark Burnett, the reality show producer and mogul behind the mega- hits "Survivor," "The Apprentice" and "The Restaurant" has raised more than $1 million for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. He is the first recipient of the award.

Ethan Zohn, winner of Survivor: Africa, will be presenting the award to Burnett. Ethan is the co-founder of Grassroot Soccer, an international AIDS awareness organization composed of former and current professional soccer players who have played around the world including Zimbabwe. Additional reality star attendees for the evening's event include Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth, Ereka Vetrini, Heidi Bressler and Sam Solovey of "The Apprentice", Jenna Morasca of "Survivor", Dr. Will Kirby of "Big Brother 2", Rachel Goetz of "Average Joe", Dave Kerpen of "Paradise Hotel," Joanne Newborn of "Who Wants to Marry My Dad?" and several "Real World" cast members including Norman Korpi, Chris Beckman, Tonya Cooley, Leah Gillingwater and Simon Sherry-Wood. Plus, several surprise guests!

Hosted at the Kenneth Cole store in Rockefeller Center, tickets run $75 for general, $125 for VIP and $150 at the door, and include food, drinks and music. Tickets can be purchased online at www.realitycares.org/burnettevent.html. Proceeds from the Reality Cares Foundation's Tribute to Mark Burnett will primarily support the Reality Cares Foundation in its early efforts to advance philanthropy among reality television stars and their viewers; an additional amount from the proceeds will support Zohn's Grassroot Soccer.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Thanks for the info Maveno!

The Amy/Zack thing cracks me up.

The Mark Burnett thing sounds like a very worthy cause. I hope the reality "stars" they've rounded up for the event have actually contributed to such a worthy cause themselves, and aren't just there as a bunch of prima donnas.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

If I were to pay $75 to attend this event I'd want Morasca striken from the program
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hey, I would pay $75 to see her stricken!

Oh... you meant off the program altogether... never mind...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

on vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    If I were to pay $75 to attend this event I'd want Morasca striken from the program
    Then again, isn't she Ethan's chick now? Maybe Ethan wouldn't be as interested in participating if his drama queen couldn't be there.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

I wonder if Puck from Real world is going to show up as a surprise guest. I think it's great that Mark Burnett I s being presented an award for his Philanthropy. It's for a great cause. I think More producers particularly those in reality tv should follow Burnetts example of giving to worthy causes

Quote Originally Posted by fit_chick5
    I wonder if Puck from Real world is going to show up as a surprise guest. I think it's great that Mark Burnett I s being presented an award for his Philanthropy. It's for a great cause. I think More producers particularly those in reality tv should follow Burnetts example of giving to worthy causes
    Shii Ann, Rob, Amber, Ethan, Jenna and Johnny Fairplay were there from Survivor. Rob and Amber mingled with eveyone and counldn;t have been nicer. Fairplay looked for attention and didn't get much. Ethan and Jenna were inseparable. I only saw Shii Ann in the VIP area where we chatten for neary 15 minutes while most others were elsewhere watching Burnett get his award. She is just the opposite of the way she played the game--Outgoing and friendly -- and very beautiful.

Others of note attending: The Ladies of Average Joe--Samantha (the hit of the evening -- great personality), Rachel (with parents), Rochelle, Courtney and one other I met but have forgotten. Adam, to, but little impact on anyone

Dr Will Kirby from Big Brother -- Nice guy, not at all evil

Heidi, Erika, Sam and the O B%^$h from Apprentice

Leah + ? from Real World Paris (Stunningly beautiful -- I was shocked)

Chris from Real World Chicago (Very funny guy)

There probably were others I've forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    Dr Will Kirby from Big Brother -- Nice guy, not at all evil
    Oh no! Another myth shattered!

Sounds like fun. Thanks for the info zeus.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread