+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Lex and the Car

The One Who Was Sacrificied

I feel she should have given it to Jerri for being sacrificed for her to stay.

Amber was free to give the car to who she wanted. I don't agree with her choice, but it was her decision, not ours.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Amber was free to give the car to who she wanted. I don't agree with her choice, but it was her decision, not ours.

It would have been nice if she was given time to think about it first. They could have told her before the show that she would be doing that. She still may have chosed Shii Ann, and she had a valid reason to do so. Jerri also deserved it. It was awful that something so important as a car was only given a 10 second thought.

Actually there IS a good argument for Amber to give the car to Lex.

Amber lied to him more than Rob ever did. She told him exactly what would happen if his tribe kept her. Rob only vaguely said, " .. I'll take care of you .."

Amber turned her back on her promise as much as Rob did. And she didn't give him even a sympathy vote (a la Rupert with Rudy) which she could have.

And neither did she bother to explain her change of attitude to Lex and Kathy, like Rob tried to. All she did was slide right back to Rob's side and into Chapera's bosom leaving them to twist in the wind.

And Amber owed them bigtime as it was HER life in the game that had been saved.

Kathy recognized that Amber had told a big heap of cold-hearted lies (not that there's anything wrong with that), and had implied in the course of telling her lies that she had some power in the tribe to manipulate things her way (talk Rob into an F4 of Kathy, Lex and her). She also played the game by trying to ingratiate herself with them for three whole days, and so Kathy voted against her as the bigger liar and as the bigger backstabber.

If Amber hadn't made her case to her so convincingly, Kathy may not have wanted to keep her and not even brought it up with Lex. Rob's little whispered offer had not made a big impression on him at that point, as it shouldn't have.

Lex wanted to make Rob the scapegoat for all his failures in the game ("he lied to me about friendship, bla, bla ..." - when it was Lex who deceived HIMSELF about friendship) and so he made Rob the bigger villain than Amber in his own mind.

Rob was the leader of the tribe and controlled Amber's vote (or she allowed Rob to control her vote) to some extent but this wasn't the reason Lex gave for his anger.

And if Amber was determined to keep her promise, she could have given her vote to someone else, and brought Big Tom into it too, giving them the majority vote at TC, and saved Lex. It took only one other Chaperan (apart from Tom) to save Lex. Rob didn't control her absolutely. Nobody controls anyone absolutely.

It was Amber's ass that had been saved, it was Amber who had made the bigger promises, why shouldn't she be expected to do more for them than anyone else in Chapera? Or put on a show for their benefit - she didn't even bother to do that.

Rob ultimately was largely a victim of an ego-crazed Lex and a general willingness to give UTR players free passes.
    Rob: "I was trying to appeal to their emotions. I was trying to make them see I was affected as well. To be honest with you, those were tears of sorrow, because I think I realized that I wasn’t going to win "

Quote Originally Posted by Gher
    Actually there IS a good argument for Amber to give the car to Lex.

Gher you make a valid argument, but in the end I'm sure that Amber's inner gut feeling told her "never give anything to a 'bawl-baby asshole'".
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian
    Gher you make a valid argument, but in the end I'm sure that Amber's inner gut feeling told her "never give anything to a 'bawl-baby asshole'".
    Yeah, and he probably would have said "I don't want it." and caused major embarassement for everyone.

FORT Fan
    I think Amber did the right thing in giving it to Shii Ann. Shii Ann was the only person that actually voted for Amber because she felt Amber outplayed ROb. Tom, Lex, and Alicia all were not so much voting for Amber as they were voting against Rob.
    Yes, I am DKR.

Survivor ALL STARS was like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, at the beginning. IT was an unbeatable idea, had so much potential it was ridiculous.

But bad casting and decisions on both Mark Burnetts and George Lucas's parts have completely ****** Up the entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by blueoakleyz
    I think Amber did the right thing in giving it to Shii Ann.

Shii-ann was the right person to receive the car becase she is the person that Amber chose to give it to.

It was Amber's choice to make. It doesn't matter if she had 30 seconds or 30 days to decide.

I doesn't matter who anyone else feels was more deserving. Amber chose Shii-ann and the criteria used in her decision doesn't matter. She doesn't have to defend her decision.
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567