+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68

Thread: Lex and the Car

  1. #21
    FORT Fan Colombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Swooper14
    Rupert and Rudy are the 2 of the most honest to ever play the game.

    Rupert shows that "Nice Guys do not finish last"... they finish fourth.
    Rupert also shows that "dumb guys" don't finish first.

    I'm sick of hearing how noble he is - he, Tom and Jenna have no-one to blame but themselves. Those three had so many chances to take the game away from Romber. And, the only jury members they would have offended would have been Rob and Amber - This game is not about Honor. It's about smarts. Sure, Rupert stuck around because he was a nice guy, but he isn't a strategist - he's not a real survivor in the true tradition of the game.
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Colombian
    Rupert also shows that "dumb guys" don't finish first.

    I'm sick of hearing how noble he is - he, Tom and Jenna have no-one to blame but themselves. Those three had so many chances to take the game away from Romber. And, the only jury members they would have offended would have been Rob and Amber - This game is not about Honor. It's about smarts. Sure, Rupert stuck around because he was a nice guy, but he isn't a strategist - he's not a real survivor in the true tradition of the game.
    If you remember, Rupert did try to take the game away from Romber. He tried with Tom(who wouldn't budge) and he tried earlier in the game even though he risked his own butt in the process. No one ELSE wanted to play.

    Not a real survivor in the true tradition of the game? Are you talking about the tradition of Vecipia, or Ethan, or Tina, or Jenna? This game has been played many different ways. Some people play survivor as leaders, some as under-the-rader, and some as sneaky manipulators. All are valid strategies. Just because you happen to like one method more than another, doesn't make it more valid strategy.

    Personally, I like Rupert's strategy in playing survivor. He deserves the mil.

    (speaking of Lex and the car... )

  3. #23
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Colombian
    Rupert also shows that "dumb guys" don't finish first.

    I'm sick of hearing how noble he is - he, Tom and Jenna have no-one to blame but themselves. Those three had so many chances to take the game away from Romber. And, the only jury members they would have offended would have been Rob and Amber - This game is not about Honor. It's about smarts. Sure, Rupert stuck around because he was a nice guy, but he isn't a strategist - he's not a real survivor in the true tradition of the game.

    I disagree with this post. I think what Kathy, Lex and Rupert were trying to get across is that you can win this game and maintain integrity. Yes, it says "outwit", however, you can outwit your opponents without lying and backstabbing. What we saw was opportunities to break up Romber, but we did not see or hear all of it. Rupert said himself that it was hard to get everybody on board the "out with Rob" campaign. I never said Rupert was "noble" but I think he's got more class and integrity than a lot of the people he was playing this game with. I think there is something to be said about the players who are afraid to remove those players who are playing the game the way that Rob played it. Rob should have been gone when he screwed over Lex.

  4. #24
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,877
    Lex needs to win a swift kick in the nads.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  5. #25
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    I think if Amber was to give anyone the car for the reason that they kept her and booted Jerri I think it should have been Kathy.
    Lex was given flack for blaming the final decision on Kathy, but when she was booted she admitted that she did make the call.

    I didn't get her reasoning at all when she claimed Shii Ann was the swing vote, thankfully a brighter spark than me explained what they thought Amber meant.
    It seems a logical enough choice to me.
    I think you an make good arguments for why she should have given the car to a number of different people.
    Personally, I think she should have been allowed to keep it herself.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  6. #26
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I didn't get her reasoning at all when she claimed Shii Ann was the swing vote, thankfully a brighter spark than me explained what they thought Amber meant.
    It seems a logical enough choice to me.
    I think you an make good arguments for why she should have given the car to a number of different people.
    Personally, I think she should have been allowed to keep it herself.
    Amber is what we call a brown crayon (you know, not the brightest one in the box). Granted, if given 10 seconds to make a decision like giving away a car you were told was yours, I may have been a little speechless myself. However, she was trying to explain Rob's rationale for the choice not her own. I'm just wondering what she would have done if presented with this choice prior to taping.

  7. #27
    FORT Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    130
    Well, she more-or-less had to give it to someone on the jury... and of the jury people, only Shiiann, Rupert, and Jenna weren't jerks at the end... and only Shii voted for Amber of those three. Thus, Amber made the right decision, I guess.

    Rob would have given it to Rupert, probably. Maybe Jenna.

  8. #28
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCarLuvr
    I don't think Amber originally came up with "Shi-Ann was the swing vote" idea. When I first watched it and she was consulting with Rob, you hear Rob's voice saying something about "swing vote". I'd have to watch the tape again....
    I just re-watched this part, and Rob did say, though it wasn't easy to hear...
    "swing vote" then he said again - "who was the deciding factor" but then a lil louder so more could hear... "You have to make the decision" (or something to that point)

  9. #29
    FORT Fan Colombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422

    I disagree with this post. I think what Kathy, Lex and Rupert were trying to get across is that you can win this game and maintain integrity. Yes, it says "outwit", however, you can outwit your opponents without lying and backstabbing. What we saw was opportunities to break up Romber, but we did not see or hear all of it. Rupert said himself that it was hard to get everybody on board the "out with Rob" campaign. I never said Rupert was "noble" but I think he's got more class and integrity than a lot of the people he was playing this game with. I think there is something to be said about the players who are afraid to remove those players who are playing the game the way that Rob played it. Rob should have been gone when he screwed over Lex.

    Why do Lex and people like you conviently forget about the people he (Lex) knifed? Lexie-boy was arguably the most deceitful person in this game. I honestly believe that he is more devious than Rob. Look what he did to Jerri.

    And, I would bet big bucks that if Rob had agreed to keep Lex around, but that Kathy wasn't part of the deal, Lex would've have jumped aboard without a second thought. Then he would have put on his "preachers" hat and gone to Kathy and told her how this game was all about business not friendship.

    No one will ever make me believe that Rob was the only deceitful person out there. He was just the most successful.
    Last edited by Colombian; 05-11-2004 at 04:57 PM.
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

  10. #30
    Are we there yet? Grok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422

    I disagree with this post. I think what Kathy, Lex and Rupert were trying to get across is that you can win this game and maintain integrity. Yes, it says "outwit", however, you can outwit your opponents without lying and backstabbing. What we saw was opportunities to break up Romber, but we did not see or hear all of it. Rupert said himself that it was hard to get everybody on board the "out with Rob" campaign. I never said Rupert was "noble" but I think he's got more class and integrity than a lot of the people he was playing this game with. I think there is something to be said about the players who are afraid to remove those players who are playing the game the way that Rob played it. Rob should have been gone when he screwed over Lex.
    I think it's a safe bet that every Survivor winner lied at least once in order to advance in the game. Some had more personal qualms about doing it than others, but they all had to do it if they wanted to win. Whether it was done as part of a group decision or for individual reasons, he or she had to lie about something (being in an alliance, whether someone was targeted for elimination, etc). The show's format compels this type of behavior. Deceit is part of the game. And that is all Survivor is - a game. Nothing more. Most of us (and the contestants) would not behave this way in the real world. Nor would we ever be faced with the preposterous conditions the Survivors endure to get a million dollars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.