Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did S5 Disappoint You?

Did S5 Disappoint You?

It didn't disappoint me at all.

All I expect/want from the show is

-Enough drama to have me talking about it the next day
    -Survivors to root for
    -Survivors to root against

This show has had all of that, and even though I'm in my late 20's, I like that the final 6 were all over the age of 30. Breaks the stereotype that all the old people are kicked out early.

Well, it's not over yet, of course, but I am disappointed that another Pagonging took place. I have always believed that Survivor should be about fluid interpersonal dynamics, and we saw that in Marquesas and (to a lesser extent) in Africa. The "two tribes on the same beach" twist was fun for that episode, but it drove an immovable stake between the two tribes that made the past 5 weeks a foregone conclusion.

That being said, I think it will be interesting to see in what manner the bonds between the remaining five begin to unravel. If Brian, who appears to be playing the game better than anyone right now, does win the thing, though, my overall impression of this series will be one of disappointment. I'm hoping for some more surprises.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I completely echo Paulie's comments. Disappointment about the Pagonging, interesting to see who turns on who now, and to see if Brian can really be a playa.

Whoever wins - even Jan - will be a FAR better winner than Vee. And overall, I liked that series.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

LG.
    True enough Miss F., I'd actually be happy with any of the remaining survivors as winner. I'm Clay's only fan (it feels like that anyway) and I have a growing admiration for Jan and her perserverance (and I'm actually starting to wonder if she isn't actually as crazy as she's edited). Helen has made some shrewd moves. Brian has been a masterful leader, but will it all blow up in his face? Big Ted is a computer guy, what more do you need.

I like the people on this season and the fact that the tribe that Jan was forced to pick overcame what seemed like overwhelming odds to prevail over a younger but self-destructive team and I was glad to see them fall like a house of cards. The non-merge was sort of inventive, but no real big surprises this season so far. It's been fine I guess. I'm interested to see if the others figure out just how many irons Brian has in the fire in time to boot him out, but not sure if I want them to or not.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

JR.
    I think this season has been pretty good, but 2 things kind of screwed it up.

1. MB should've merged the tribes when they were even.
    2. Jake should've went right to Jan & Helen after the merge instead of going to Brian & Clay.

I think either one of those things could've changed the way things are playing out now.

I agree with virtually all the comments in the thread so far.

For me, this season has had one huge high point and one huge low point.
    The high point would be the"non-merge merge".
    I think this was a brilliant master stroke by MB. It certianly had the Survivors and probably a fair percentage of the audience fooled.
    The low point would have to be the no-switch.
    I think this was quite pitiful.
    "Do you want to switch guys? No? Okay then."
    Huh????

I think we have had some classic performances, for me the most notable coming from Robb. He started out as a loveable loon, became an annoying idiot, then had his epiphany and ended up really taking something away from the whole experience.

We have certainly had our share of characters to despise.
    I would put Clay into most despised position personally as I see him as a character without a single redeeming quality at the moment.
    He's lecherous, lazy and rude.
    He has been the "anti-Robb" for me. He started out as someone I felt I could root for, but his growing arrogance and diminishing workload has made him top of my dislike list.
    His very juvenile outburst toward Jake last week stems purely from the fact that he felt attacked by Jakes comments regarding people's output at camp.
    Clay's output is in negative figures. He drinks the water, but he doesn't collect it, he huddles by the fire for warmth but he doesn't chop wood to make it.
    I would hate to see him go on to win this thing.

I agree with LG about the Chuay tribe overcoming the odds to become the dominant force.
    It was good to see them come back from two down to take the game by the scruff of the neck following the Sooks self-destruction.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'll be happy with the winner regardless (even Clay or Jan while my 2 least favorite left are both better than Vee or Tina!)

If Jan goes to the finals she is sure to win IMO.

I have never been as crazy about any of the Survivors after the orginal one, but I still think it's one of the more compelling shows on TV, and definitely in the reality genre.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I think Vee was the most disappointing winner of any Survivor series.
    A Clay or Brian win would be disappointing for me as I think the other Chuay's have all the information they need to see they are being "played" by Brian, if they would only start to communicate with one another.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    I think Vee was the most disappointing winner of any Survivor series.

She's even worse than Ethan, in my opinion.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast